Your Byond ID?
    Aceluke123

Your Character Name?
    Alex Rossfield

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Scorpii

Accused Character Name
    Chris

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    10:00

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 4. No griefing+synth rule

Description of the incident:
    I'm not entirely sure but I was told something about Chris (as a survivor synth) was assisting xenos?

I was busy with ahelps so I was a bit distracted but during the alien assault of the FoB I was standing around the southeast of bigred outside the hangar, waiting for aliens to attack us, just prior I noticed the synth run through the alien lines to get to the FoB. When I notice a synth survivor just removing barricades/plasteel cades that are at the front-line of the FoB. Ones that are actively being used for defense.

So I did what any unga marine would do and shot him dead.

Assisting xenomorphs is entirely against synthetic rules especially to turncoat from being friendly to the marines and then suddenly start helping the enemy.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    https://imgur.com/a/VvheLzj

These are the cades he was removing. All clearly had a perfect line of defense but were removed for some reason.

Logs have a lot of the info but it's all about seeing if they were doing what the xenos were asking and helping them.

How you would punish the accused:
    I dunno, I just want a warning or whatever other people decide (it's why we have a whitelist council). It's clearly defined not to assist xenos as a synth survivor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a Alien Praetorian during this round.

While I was not paying huge attention to the logs regarding this synth. I knew the other Xenos considered it some kind of 'friend', and the xenos were ignoring it since it was not doing anything against the hive.

I then recall one of the xenos, prior to the main assault on the FoB. That he had persuaded the Synth to deconstruct the forward facing barricades. When I approached the cades to probe the defences, I saw the Synth actively deconstructing the forward barricades during the attack.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brad here, I was the Almayer synth this round. I had seen the dead synths body in FoB and saw Aceluke call him a "shit synth" Which immediately rang some red bells. I revived Chris on board the Alamo where once up he said he must continue with his task of deconstructing the cades. I forget the exact wording but I thought that he said a predator asked him to do it at the time but clearly I was wrong. I told him to cease this action and he stopped. After which not much happened. I do believe that in this instance Scorpii did violate the xenomorph interaction section of the guideline Guidelines.jpg and believe that he should be warned as this directly affected the marines this round. Rather then xenos having boilers bombard and crushers charge the cades a colony synth disassembled them in a matter of seconds.

Edit Quality of screenshot is bad, look near the bottom in this link //showthrea...and-Guidelines
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, to begin some background as to what my Synth was doing on the colony.

I was RP-ing a maintenance synth that had lost all guidance except its core programming due to damage:
    1. Maintenance of the colony
    2. Accepting any requests of maintenance to the colony

I left those basic principles very open. I had no opinion if requests came from humans or from xenos or even from predators. The xenos considered me a 'friend' because whenever i came to their hive, I would RP with them a fair bit. I was never hostile to the xenos nor was I friendly. I repeated the same phrases. A standard greeting message, if they had any maintenance requests, and answering questions. I never offered anything to them. For the rest of that round, I repaired damaged walls and kept power running. Any lifeform i met i gave a greeting, my purpose and if there was anything I could do in regards to the colony.

During the FOB assault, I was in the bar looking for the APC to repair it and restore the bar power. I was in the maintenance shaft when a xeno greeted me. I gave a greeting and he asked 'I have a maintenance request that is colony related. Go towards the gunfire and deconstruct the metal cades.' If you want a more direct verbatim explanation, someone will pull up the logs.

OOC-ly, I was contemplating whether or not to answer this request. I thought technically it wasn't helping the xenos because I was still following my Synth's programming. The fact it was a xeno wouldn't have any impact to its decision since it was, as the xeno stated, 'colony related.' At the same time, I knew that I would most likely receive backlash for my decision.

I won't say I didn't deconstruct those cades because, obviously, I did. Was I helping the xenos? Directly, no. Did I know I was helping the xenos in some way by doing what I did? Yes, I did.

But I feel I was still in line with the rule that you can't assist the xenos. Ultimately, the power is with the Council and I'm just giving my side of the story.

In the end, this controversy was not worth it and I should have just carried on with my tasks. I apologize for the inconvenience I made to other players. I just wanted to remain consistent with my Synth's character.

NON-REPORT RELATED: For Alex's actions, I think the 60 minute punishment was bullshit, he did what any Marine should have done and shot me dead. The fact I removed so many cades before another Marine stopped me was jaw dropping
    Last edited by Scorpii; 03-24-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a picture of the aftermath of the cade-shenanigans.

https://prnt.sc/n238jn
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey you should also make a report about the MP if you haven't already, as they broke Marine law by Applying to non-stackable crimes for 1 incident, went way overboard, and didn't investigate the situation one bit.

But onto what happened, I witnessed the entire thing and Scorpii told the entire story as it happened, he left nothing out.
    Last edited by Stealth121; 03-24-2019 at 06:10 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MP is fine, honestly was told about what they did wrong and the situation. Plus I was only in brig for a short duration with the aliens coming up he released me. To be honest it wasnt a big deal overall. Just new to MP it appears and may need a bit of info on how things are done with marinelaw.

This report is mostly to make sure the no helping xenos rule is enforced (or hell maybe removed) IDK what happens, up to head staff and what the outcome of this is.

I was only in brig for about 5-10 minutes overall.
    Characters
    Alex Rossfield - Marine Roles
    Luke Diamond - Captain
    Lukas - Synthetic
    Alex Rossfield
    CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey fellas, the Synth Council is aware of this report, and we'll be discussing it further shortly. It's a bit complicated, especially considering the nature of the report being on a survivor synthetic.
    No promises on it being resolved any sooner than 2 months like every other whitelist report, but we'll keep you posted.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I left the wording on Synth Survivors overall vague to allow Synth Survivors to have chances to assist the Xeno in the same way they may assist the Marines sometimes. That said, this should obviously not be taken to extremes, which is why getting people infected or attacking them for Xeno isn't allowed, to set a benchmark. Walking across the map to start taking apart the Marine FoB is just plain stupid. There's a big difference between doing stuff for the Xeno in their hive and doing stuff for the Xeno at the Marine FoB across the map. You're not a Xeno, you're a Synthetic Survivor, and as such are not bound to follow their every whim. In the same way a Synth Survivor wouldn't walk across the map to fight the Xeno hive alone if told so, the same applies to orders by the Xeno.

While the rules clearly state you're never part of the Xeno faction, even if you want to assist them, I'll be discussing with the council on ways to possibly make it more clear what is and isn't acceptable when assisting groups. Regardless of that, the player in question will be getting a one week suspension. Usually I only like to do 2 week suspensions but given this is Scorpii's first issue, it will be cut in half. Although Synth Survivors can assist the Xeno, something like this probably won't be see as antag at a glance and really adds nothing to the round RP wise. Starting to attack the fob also is an obvious violation of the first law since anyone could tell you that it was a suicide mission. For those reasons, the suspension will be applied to Scorpii. The whitelist will be reinstated on April 1st, 2019. Resolved.