Byond ID?
    Ceyella

CM Character?
    Evelyn Meer

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    well, in jan i spent 140 hours in game...

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    ROTC, managment in in professional career.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    N/A

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A ?

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Perma Ban, aurora station; Honestly, i was told i couldnt be QM role since i play a mute character, despite me getting along fine with the PDA for several RL days, it devovled into the Admin insulting me for being mute so i raged and it didnt end well for.
    Paradise; I am permaed, but i can get this one lfted easy, i crawled into a disposal to take a tour of the station and died, and wasnt revived for 20 minutes so went to bed, banned because i didnt talk to a admin before logging.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Talk to player, see if it was a accidental misclick. if note history is good, let it be handled IC. if it was a arguement/punchies, improper escalation. if they have a history of shooting random people, note it for shooting random people. check logs for everything.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Check logs to investigate it, message the predator to see what happened. recommened player wirte a player report for the predator council to judge.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Message them asking if thier new, see if they need help. if they dont, notify MPs their a "new recruit" in need of training, and help train them via ahelps, and if possible, run my character over to them to help out. during sseth wave i helped alot of new players with dinkle.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Remain calm and if someone else is on, let them take over. if no one else is available, let them know and if they dont beleive you, ask them to check staffwho. inform him, he can file a staff report on forums if he believes i am in error. deal with him calmly until it gets roundable, then terminate the ahelp.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Inform John Doe that name is restricted, and ask them to choose another, then adjust players name.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    IC issue

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    It is noted at survivor spawn, you are unaware of the marines or thier intentions. the survivor was RPing being unaware of the marines, and RPed properly, the marine should have left them alone, or called for a senior officer to talk to the MPs.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Ask the arresting MP what happened, check logs. if that is really all they did, tell the MP that max sentance for theft is 30 minutes, and min is 10. and he should ahere to marine law and change the prisoners sentance.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Send a "delayed" fax ot the CL, and command staff reading something along the lines of. "this is colony administration, we have documents that MUST be recovered at all cost." and give a very specific location, include incentives RP wise, try to motivate marines to go down via RP.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    ask him if hes ever played medic before, check his notes. if hes new or something, teach him medic. if his notes are bad and show a tendancy to grief, apply a grief ban. assume player is new to medic, and talk with him about the medic wiki and OD chart.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORG message pops out at the end of round, if it was recent like, round JUST ended, let it slide but if this is 5 minutes after the standdown message, EORG ban.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    IC-issue, maybe help out and ping a MP about it if the victim is unable to get comms. (like comms are stolen.) let the MPs sort it out. if it leads to improper escalation of the marine going out of his way to disrupt the round, talk to him about his behavior.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Improper escalation, notify the shooter its punching_>knives-> then guns. if victim is dead, aheal.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    check logs to determine the leader, ask them why they are mutinying. if its more than 5, and a legitimate grieve let it continue, if its something like "CPT STOLE MY HAT" let that marine know its a insufficent reason and ask them to end the mutiny and call off their men peacefully.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Racism is to not be tolerated. ask the player to stop. if he keeps on, ban for racist comments. i dont care if its funny, its still wrong.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    apply a ban to that players account, aheal all the dead marines, talk to staff about perhaps applying a perma ban as it could be server raiding.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    suciding a larva is a 3 hour ban, and could be escalation to a Jban from xeno.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    inform them we have RP standards and they need to not use net-speak. inform them they are basically slave minded to the queen and must obey her.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    tell the player who ahelped, that a dropship and "metal bird" are the same thing, and that player may jsut be new and not knkow what xenos call it. seems like a silly ahelp, the person calling it a dropship is just calling it what it is.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    check for special events, if non, It is meta and remind marines they are unaware of this information IC. tell that command member that they unaware of the xenos and warn them against metaing, add a note of the warning incase it happens again, if they meta like this alot, apply ban.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    if proper escalation is followd, and no one is ahelping it and everyone seems to be enjoying the RP, just observe.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    remind them they can file a staff report if they feel i acted inappropriately, otherwise just ignore it.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    (is there a way to confirm they went SSD?)
    if a xeno sees a SSD guy, that guy is usually dragged off to never be seen again, it seems oddly suspect to me, and i would want to investigate this. if hes alive and on the ship ask him to just go to surgery.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    ask that staff memeber about it, and give them correct information, and talk to them. PMing the player would just undermine the fellow staff member. have the fellow staff member notify the player of correct information.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    stay out of it, if its too disruptive notify a staff manager.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    to help people learn the game, on discord and in game people are acting like new players are the bane of existence, and being quite rude to newbies. i do what i can to help them learn the game, and go out of my way to teach new players. i want to be a mod to help people learn to enjoy CM.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Legitimately caring to help others succeed.

Anything else you
    I know my note history is pretty bad, i made a lot of mistakes but ive been really striving to get my shit together and help new players, and keep the round good.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers are generally decent, however i'd like to correct you on these.

1:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

2:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

3:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

4:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Nothing horrible, most of these can be ironed out during your trial period, anyways.

EDIT: I cannot support this app based on your notes, however. I'd suggest appealing some of your jobbans, first.
    Last edited by Dubszor; 03-24-2019 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Saw the notes

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest issue by a large margin is your very poor note history. You've gotten a lot of notes in a fairly short period, and have multiple jobbans. I can't support this on those grounds alone. -1
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Ceyella, thank you for your interest.

I can't support this application, your bans and warnings for rulebreaks are way too recent. I'm not sure I trust you to follow the rules as a player right now. I'd suggest playing for a while then applying again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today you've got a warning that you're pretty close to a ban due to another incident. This is a really bad timing to apply for staff. -1

EDIT: I just noticed it wasn't a warning, but a 24h ban.
    Last edited by ExGame; 03-25-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on your note history I cannot support you joining as a moderator at this time. Moderators are held to a higher standard, so if you are denied I hope you can try again in the future after keeping your nose clean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also seem to have several job bans that will need to be appealed, though at the current time lifting them would be unlikely and require a month or so without other breaks in the rules.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ceyella,
    While I am not particularly surprised by this application and I do believe you are trying to improve, I do not feel this is a good time for you to apply to join the team. If you can show your dedication by appealing all your job bans and go a month or two with no additional notes, I am sure we will be able to support your application. I wish you best of luck in the future.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To put it all neatly. Your answers go from poor/bad to good/great, a few major red flags on how you determine punishments and how hard they are.
    And then your note history and job bans. I cannot actively approve of this application with how recent the notes are and having any active job bans. Fix these 2 things and no repeats for a month or two and show good will and then apply again. I'd be quite likely to approve then.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its basically been said by others, Note history that in all honesty seems to be deteriorating more than anything, a number of job bans and our recent incident leads me to believe that you're not ready for the mantle of staff (though until that point id actually been expecting/hoping for this app). Im gonna emulate what Daturix said, work on getting those bans lifted and having a couple of months with no negative notes and im sure you could earn back the lost faith, You're a good player and decent member of the community who helps new players out etc and if we didnt have the problem of your note history and bans this woulda been an smooth +1.

That being said though -1 sorry friendo work on whats been said and try again in the future
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.