User Tag List

Thread: mynameajeff - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mynameajeff - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    mynameajeff
    Character Name?
    Mogu Stump
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Marked as [Adminbot]
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Until appealed.
    What other servers do you play on?
    Beestation, Civilization 13, Bad Deathclaw.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Yes,
    Yogstation, (For IC in OOC and OOC in IC behavior aswell as being problematic in ahelps),
    Paradise, (Self antagging, to put it bluntly, I was an assistant and I robusted security and stole an antagonist objective, the HoS multiphaser and insulted staff in ahelps.)
    Reason for Ban
    Banned from Corporate Liaison - Constant soft self-antagging and problems with following the rules. Attempted to yet again steal ID's as the Liason, this time from the XO, to give himself all-access. Appeal on the forums, when you have gotten your act together. by Adminbot (Friendly Robot) on Tue, November 27th of 2018
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    During this time-span I was a very awful player to the people around me, trying to take out anger I had in real life on innocent people instead of actually dealing with the problems and the causes in real life, I used space station 13 as a place to cope with it. This is why I have been banned from other servers.I realize now that it was plain stupid to deal with it this way as I had other ways of helping assuage my hatred such as actually trying to have fun rather than poking people until they burst or got fed up with me and got rid of me. I was told in the note to get my act together, and I believe I have. I have a bit of playtime in February and what I perceive to be a plentiful supply of time in March but this is to be fact checked, I also understand now that it is fine to disagree with a rule but not to deliberately or through ignorance break it. You don't have to be liked by people but you don't want to come off as an asshole to everyone you meet, that's like going into someone's house and criticizing them for their lifestyle because it doesn't conform to YOUR ideals. It's their dominion, they should be able to govern as they please, especially because it doesn't negatively effect actual happenings outside of there.

I believe that I have gone ample time without the role and I believe that I would be able to play it again and play the role properly, although I noticed that on the wiki, and from some old posts by Apophis in the archive that some of my notes for "Combat Liaisoning" are what I believe to be unjust. I never deployed with a gun, or tried to be a marine, I always did it to seize role-play opportunity or to get assets from the colony (Specifically seeds to grow in my garden ship-side). The wiki states that "The difference between a good Liaison and a regular Liaison is that a regular Liaison will go for a gun straight away while the good one will roleplay any situation out. Outside of visits to the colony which you may make at any time for any reason, it is best to stay away from extra gear and weaponry."

Outside of visits to the colony which you may make at any time for any reason.
    This implies that I am allowed to do this, but suicide rushing into the aliens is not a good idea by any standard as it will most-likely result in death, and that qualifies as "wasting a role" which I admit is something I probably did by carrying out my actions. I will request further clarification for this excerpt from the wiki. I must also acknowledge the fact that staff members at times may waiver or bend the rules because its about the intention, not the rule as written. I must also refrain from being aggressive in tickets and always state the whole truth, instead of it partially.

My behavior was perceived as unacceptable by the authority on the server, it doesn't mean it IS but, for the sake of respect of their rules I must follow and carry out that behavior somewhere where it is acceptable, like on a lower role-play server so I do not disrupt the flow of their rounds and their role-play.

I understand that this appeal may be denied for a number of reasons, and please direct criticism at my statements for the next time I appeal if ever, in the event that this is denied, specifically what I should change or improve on, such as playtime, role-playing standard or something unstated that I missed.
    My role-play at this time was also very low tier, being superficial at worst. I wish to show that I have improved in that time and try to create a story with the benevolent figures in the Company, through the fax machine and the crew of the ship. I understand not every round is going to be an apex for high role-play, but I will attempt to follow the rules even when angry with the outcome of the round, because ultimately in space station 13, there will be things you will not be able to control, sometimes you just die or something happens to you and you fail to do what YOU wanted. That doesn't mean give up, nor does it mean try harder, or something more like that "The institutions of this server are bullshit!" where you whine because you didn't get what you want. Don't be selfish, think of the other players, if it's something bad that effects the entire player-base like some unbalanced change, maybe you should petition for it to be changed, but beyond that you shouldn't go on a crusade against a player or staff member because you disagree with their policy. Try to negotiate or convince them that it was wrong outside of the current situation as poking someone who may already be angry won't end up well. Try poking a bear with a stick when it's near, my point exactly.

In conclusion, servers have their own purposes and there will be other servers you can play on to have funny shenanigans and others which want a more serious approach to encourage fun, it may not be fun for you but that doesn't mean you have to ruin their fun, nor does it mean you have to outdo them either. My behavior on this server was bad, and I mean bad. You had every reason to deny me then, maybe now, but in time I hope I can regain the trust of this community, staff team, and encourage and play out some really entertaining role-play. But I need your help to do that, and if it by the will of the staff team that this is denied, I will wait it out like any other player, I wont go off and spout obscenities, being stubborn, and not noticing the error in YOUR ways. Not theirs, as it is theirs, and if they have people who support them they should be able to do what their player-base think is best. My behavior to other people was wrong, and so was I, my shenanigans involving self-antagging won't be a problem as there are alternative roles to be antagonistic as, such as Predator which although is white-listed, doesn't seem to hard to achieve, survivors can also be hostile to the marines, and with ample role-play beyond just "I kill marines because I want to", such as being opposed to Weyland-Yutani as a survivor and believing the marines were sent to kill and silence you for what you discovered. If I want to be antagonist as Corporate-Liaison I can wait for the admins to run events where I am chosen so they can confirm that I can act like this without it being in direct violation of the rules, being a hard-ass and breaking some minor crimes isn't antagonistic, because not all people in real life break laws "just to be bad". When you have no authority it doesn't matter if you're a hard-ass, people don't have to listen to you, keep it in the confines of that character though, and try other characters. Nobody likes the same gimmick over and over.

You, and the other servers I have been banned from did not deserve to be punished for actions in my life that caused anger which I took on you to act like I'm a bad-ass, especially with All-access, you don't have real authority if you have all access and it just made me look stupid, and it got me arrested. You shouldn't act like an antagonist as CL, you can be a good guy, hard-ass, or a nuisance. Don't directly hinder the marines like I did, stealing the aCO's ID card which prevented them from playing out the round, which probably resulted in the aliens winning.

I am sorry for any in-convenience, disruption, or anything I have done to displease you which violated your standards, rules and regulations, staff or player. This is my fault and I wish to, in time, mend the broken bonds of trust with the players, staff team and other groups within the server.

I apologize for not having any evidence, or screenshots, but I am sure the logs on the server show my behavior as of late and playtime, which I hope are in my favor.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Game time within last 30 days
    March: 114.57 hours
    Feb: 1.10 hours
    Jan: 32.21 hours

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mynameajeff

I�ve been assigned to your appeal. You have some good time and your appeal shows excellent effort. I am discussing this with my fellow admins and we are leaning towards yes.

However I was given an anonymous complaint about some of your RP the other day as a CL survivor. I ended up pulling some logs and I didn�t see anything rule breaking, but their concern was they believed your actions were almost self-antagonist

I want to make sure if we do grant this unban you do understand that we won�t tolerate ANY type of self-antag behavior as a CL?

I await your response.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is completely understandable, may you specify my actions as CL survivor so I may avoid those behaviors as survivor and other roles? I don't remember doing anything to hamper the progress of marines as a Salesman or Corporate Liaison, perhaps it was the time I was speaking to the Corporate Liaison aboard the Almayer and they needed me to steal something, I wouldn't have actually done it because their English was pretty shaky and they took a LONG time to actually write faxes. In the event of this appeal being accepted, I fully understand that if any of my behavior from my person(s) mimics the behavior of times past, which caused the jobban in the first place, will cause me to suffer the same punishment or worse, and that wouldn't help with trust as I would possibly have to appeal again (if I was up to it), have multiple people vouch, and I'm eager to play this role again.

I just remembered what you meant, I got onto the Almayer and this MP just gave me all access, I played along, and they said they wanted twenty dollars so I obliged, and there were other CL survivors and just the regular CL, so I was acting the tough guy to them and saying that I was better than them because I had access. I try to shift my gimmicks of character, and being a hard-ass that time was just apart of it. If I am notified, and it is confirmed that this behavior is not acceptable as Corporate Liaison, and survivors I will cease, and carry that role-play to another server while trying to maintain activity for acceptable role-play on here.

I don't blame you for distrusting me, but I want to stay unbanned and I don't plan on intentionally breaking the rules, I just need some clarification on things I should avoid to make sure that I can play without disrupting people's fun, and to gain reputation as a reputable liaison so I can participate in events to help create a story among the participants, the Almayer, and the server if need be.

I understand that my characters experiences should be based on the personality I gave them, and their actions in the round should reflect this, and I have come up with a potential solution to facilitate this. I could avoid all characters that could be perceived as self antagonist, and keep them in my role-play on other servers (where they allow it).

In any case, it's up to you and your fellow admins to decide if I am ready to be unbanned. It is your call if you believe for something to be in violation of the rules, or toeing the line. I will attempt to adminhelp any gimmicks or personalities that can be perceived as antagonistic, and see if they're fine with the staff team before continuing, or if it is more in-character I will fax The Company for further orders, such as if escalation, like a break in on my office was to take place. I'm not a soldier, and resorting to the pistol as Corporate Liaison is something I see to be very unreliable as the CL is not skilled in using firearms or pistols, and the recoil on it usually ends up making it inaccurate as all hell.

If you have any suggestions or criticisms, please direct them at me for my solutions stated in this response, but I understand that self-antagonist behavior after my history of notes will result in a jobban, and in addition possibly a ban from the server. This would be justified if I had just got unbanned from the role of CL for the same behavior (and even if I didn't get unbanned, it still makes me look very untrustworthy). I am sorry if this drags on I just wanted to explain in detail what I will and wont do, and what I need to know to perceive a direction of what's allowed and what isn't. But in any case, to the best of my ability I will avoid antagonistic behavior if I am not an antagonist, there are dedicated roles to antagonists, such as Predators, which I could apply for, or simply just wait for an event, such as CLF or UPP boarding near the end of the round. These roles could help establish a stronger barrier of what's acceptable and what isn't as non-antagonist roles, which the CL is (a non-antagonist role) until contacted by a staff member and given a mission that is antagonistic.
    This is what I believe constitutes as an event and it potentially could give me a pass to break the rules, with permission of the Company (A staff member), via ahelp or the fax machine.

In conclusion, I want clarification on what is and isn't acceptable as CL and what should be avoided and done as other roles, or avoided on the server completely. There are already some common sense clarifications in the rules, but in any case I suppose I should adminhelp. I completely understand the implications of the unban, and if I potentially am missing a logistic, I will attempt to get clarification from a staff member, if they don't answer, don't take the chance. I will to the best of my ability, avoid any conflict that could be perceived as antagonistic by on-looking players, or the players within the argument or conflict. You're justified if I revert to my old behavior as CL, because it shows no signs of improvement and makes you feel that you've made a mistake, or possibly that I'm completely ignorant of the rules and the players wishes around me, which doesn't help me at all. I fully understand that you will not tolerate any self-antagonist behavior as the Corporate Liaison of the USS Almayer, and I can see the reasons why, and I believe you would be justified to jobban me and outright ban me from the server.

Once again, it is your choice to believe if I'm genuine, and transparent in this appeal, or if I will go back to my disruptive old behavior of self-antagging. I will certainly be disappointed if this appeal is denied, but it won't be the end of the world. If I stay calm, and remain transparent with the staff team, next time I will have a higher chance of being unbanned from the role. Anyway, I hope this doesn't drag on too much for you. I usually get really into my writing and I want a place to output it, like in faxes (which is one of the reasons I want this role so much).

P.S.
    If I was wrong about the situation I provided here please notify me immediately.
    Last edited by mynameajeff; 03-28-2019 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Adding a post script to notify the reader about possible flaws in my recollection, and that they should notify me. Fixed typo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll get another chance, just remember unless you get a fax or an admin runs a mini-event, no self-antag behavior as CL.

Welcome back Liason

Resolved