User Tag List

Thread: Swagbag - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swagbag - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Swagbag
    Character Name?
    Samantha 'Riggs' Rigga and Denholm 'Spastic' Earl
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Possibly Solarmare
    Total Ban Duration
    Indefinite
    Remaining Duration
    N/A
    What other servers do you play on?
    Baystation
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    N/A
    Reason for Ban
    N/A
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I OBed 23 marines and Moore said I killed them, at the time I was black out drunk in real life and I don't know the reason I did it, however it was entirely my fault and not the alcohol. I've been sober for close to a year off alcohol and this won't ever happen again. I know I have a duration of notes but for the most part I've been on my best behavior and have received close to (five?) notes since september(?)

I've had very few notes relating to squad leader and I hope this is a good show of responsibility on my part of taking this game seriously. I will limit any other characters that show LRP and delete them, such as Werner today and will not do this on command.

I'll accept any punishment if I do any soft grief or out right grief again, up to permaban with no appeal.
    Last edited by Swagbag; 03-26-2019 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to add if I get any extra notes as command I'll be happy with getting any time of ban
    I've had very few notes or incidents other than shooting one marine as squad leader in my years of playing, on top of being the alcohol I was also prescribed ambien, once again this is my fault and won't happen again. I hope my responsbility of playing squad leader shows how serious I will take command roles in the future.
    -Swagbag
    Last edited by Swagbag; 03-26-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

So we need to know which jobs you wish to appeal the ban for, we won't consider a blanket Command Unban more than likely.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Executive Officer and Staff Officer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why isn't a blanket command ban unlikely? Could I still apply for commander, synth and predator if I stayed on good behavior for a few months?

EDIT:

In my time of playing CM, since we had Sulaco V1, Xur, much older players, and laser turrets back in the old days, I was a good player, something changed in 2016 after I started doing drugs. Is this a reason for being a border line soft-griefing shitler? No. But it is something to consider. I accept the fact that you all will probably look at my appeal and say no, but I promise I will stay on my best behavior as a command role, any other role. I've stopped doing most drugs and I've improved since the beginning of this year and I hope you will consider this fact, as well as the fact that I take squad leader very very seriously and competently on any characters and especially Samantha 'Riggs' Rigga, nor am I a light roleplayer (I've played Aurora station and Baystation which, I admit when I did roleplay, I did it good, and I played Half Life 2 Clockwork roleplay before I started playing CM and SS13 on command like roles) There's no reason I should have done all of this and I accept that partly, but part of me wants to go back and never have done this. I could have been a good player and from now I will be.

but for the most part. . I've played on, Baystation, Aurora Station, Paradise Station (which I forgot to add to the ban appeal) and played these very seriously role-play wise until I did more drugs(Adderall, Xanax, Phenibut, mostly alcohol, and cough medicine) and got noted for shitty behavior on these drug binges. Sure, I have 30 + notes but a minority of them are on accident or a majority under the influence of drugs. The second note this year a semi-accident for shooting myself BEFORE the round ended, before that I haven't had another other notes other than Zach Werner, which I will admit was a low roleplay character which has been deleted today as I played it to avoid doing anything stupid if that makes any sense, which it doesn't now that I think about it, I will take command very seriously from now on, WILL NOT OB marines and will not liberally use them either. There's a reason I very rarely use CAS or OB's as squad leader anymore as I fear making a mistake as I have had in the past and this will apply in the future even if I unbanned from command. I'm hoping there's a day where I can get blanket unbanned from command and make a guide, and lead command very seriously and competently and become a respected figure once in for all. Not a shitler who deserves to be perma banned by now. I hope you consider the choice for this seriously and I do understand if you don't want to unban me.

Thanks

-swagbag

EDIT: Adding a second part soon.
    Last edited by Swagbag; 03-27-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be handling this appeal, expect a decision soon whilst we process this information.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please give me a day to process all the notes and explain my reasoning between all of them on my part.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Power gaming, killing monkeys. First offence, warning. | Tue, May 31st of 2016
    This is around the time I started doing drugs. I had no reason to do this other than wanting to kill a monkey, at this time I had no idea this was powergaming. First mistake.

Lethals as MP after round start, "Forgot" to put it back after attempting the firing range, which he does not have access to. | Wed, June 8th of 2016 Don�t remember this but it happened.

Took PO's ID to send the pod in emergency, didn't put it back. Later used it to use the Comms Console in the bridge. Warned. | Mon, February 13th of 2017 I did this I think because I was in patient?

Carried a Pulse Rifle to, "Look cool." as MP. | Wed, March 29th of 2017
    Exactly what it said, no other reason other than ignorance.
    Powergaming, using a defib as a engineer. Warned. | Mon, April 10th of 2017
    All on my fault.
    Banned |Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: EORG | Tue, April 25th of 2017
    N/A
    Banned |Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: Suicided as an RO to avoid brigtime after firing 'warning shots' at marines. Also claimed aliens were boarding when he had no information. | Fri, April 28th of 2017
    N/A
    Banned |Duration: 14400 minutes|Reason: Writing, "A decently drawn sketch of the MP's ramming the CL's butthole with stunbatons which is rather lewd." on a piece of paper and leaving it on the floor. Being sent to the perma-ban request section. | Sun, May 28th of 2017
    This is by far one of the most horrible things I�ve done, it was under the influence of alcohol and I believe adderall.
    Warned for building metal barricades as a standard marine. | Thu, July 6th of 2017
    N/A
    Warned for metagaming and ID theft - Took a dead smartgunner's ID as a spec, and used his smartgun. Linked the rules. | Mon, July 10th of 2017
    N/A
    Banned |Duration: 1440 minutes|Reason: Griefer - Followed the MPs back to the brig and attacked them with the power-loader to "free his boss" | Wed, July 19th of 2017
    This was by far a stupid decision I regret to this day, I do not know the reasoning behind this other than wanting a little action and wanting to beat Mps
    Banned from Requisitions Officer, Cargo Technician - ^ | Wed, July 19th of 2017
    N/A
    Warned about suicide. Shot themselves with an M4A3 as an SO, they were stressed-out and being chased by MP's. I heavily stressed the importance of this, and that if he does something again he is almost certainly not going to get off with just a warning. | Thu, August 10th of 2017
    No reason to put my stress in real life into CM, but my reasoning behind this was if I remember correctly both being stressed in real life and seeing marines getting slaughtered as staff officer due to my incompetence.
    Banned |Duration: 1440 minutes|Reason: Was constructing metal barricades as an MP and also wearing donor gear. Has previous note on building metal barricades as a non-engineer and an extensive note history. Advised by a head staffmember to apply this ban after-the-fact. | Fri, August 11th of 2017
    Did not know at the time donor gear was against the rules to wear.
    Warned for killing a stok planetside and for being a general nuisance while playing CM Drunk. Asked to skip the booze next time. | Thu, September 14th of 2017
    N/A

Watch for subtle grief behavior | Thu, February 8th of 2018
    N/A
    Warned for Hivemind, Young Lurker (829) hisses, 'REEEEEEEEEEEEE.' | Tue, May 22nd of 2018
    N/A
    Warned for ignoring the CMP's orders. When they were confronted about it they d/c'd and were arrested. They came back and told us their side of the story. | Mon, June 18th of 2018
    Do not remember this, most likely under the influence of more drugs.
    As an MP, flashed a prisoner because they admitted to throwing away evidence (the flash), and to get them to shut up. I told them they shouldn't be abusive and use physical punishment on prisoners and they apologized. | Fri, July 6th of 2018
    N/A
    Given a hefty warning for racist comments that he stated were IC. Told to calm it down and lay off the racism. Player agreeed it was over the line and apologized. | Sun, July 8th of 2018
    N/A
    Banned |Duration: 720 minutes|Reason: EORG | Tue, July 17th of 2018

Pushed A Synth body underneath the dropship to gib it. Watch out for next infraction, not good note history. | Thu, July 19th of 2018
    Most likely under the influence of drugs, again, not an excuse but some thing to consider.

Banned |Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: LRP and attempted suicide, didn't respond to PMs when attempted to question them on their reasonings. Ran into research to get infected and burst after knowing they would die from doing so. Ignoring those telling them to stop and running into be infected and claiming they wanted an alien baby. "[15:37:31]SAY: Samantha Rigga/Swagbag : I'm donating my body to science" and "[15:40:01]SAY: Samantha Rigga/Swagbag : I want it to burst out my chest" | Sun, July 22nd of 2018
    Do not remember this, most likely under the influence of more drugs.
    Frontlined against a tank as a larva to 'cause FF' as he stated in dsay, later told me in PMs, that he only wanted to be somewhat near the front ot get into action quick. | Wed, August 15th of 2018

Banned from Commander, Executive Officer, Staff Officer, Pilot Officer, Tank Crewman, Military Police, Corporate Liaison, Chief Engineer, Chief Medical Officer, Chief MP - Went around to set off random OB and killed 15+ marines with one. ( http://www.cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=17937 ) | Tue, August 21st of 2018

Warned for metagaming. During a zombie event, C4'd the very first zombie corpse without knowing they could revive. | Wed, August 22nd of 2018

"about 3x a day i crash on dreammaker so if i randomly crash or my computer freezes during some ahelp or something please give me up to 10 mins to reconnect or fix my computer" Guy asked me to put this here just incase. | Fri, August 24th of 2018
    N/A
    Banned |Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: Powergaming (Shooting monkies and getting dam. vars. from them. Also encouraging others to do the same.) | Fri, August 24th of 2018

Banned |Duration: 2880 minutes|Reason: Gathered a mutiny and ahelped it properly. However, while he knew about the "5+ marines"," no perma killing", and "don't shoot innocent bystander" rules, he missed out on the "Give the CO a chance to stand down" rule. He was quite remorseful about it, apparently he was in a rush to get going before another marine potentially tipped off the CO. Given that I had warned the mutineers to re-read the mutiny rules beforehand, I believe this essentially amounts to griefing. | Tue, August 28th of 2018
    Pure ignorance on my part.

Banned |Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: Powergaming- Used a traintrolley to fight directly in combat, and was a little combative in PMs. Multiple cases of powergaming. Consider escalating bans more seriously in the future. | Sat, September 8th of 2018
    Did not know the reasoning behind why I did this other than knowing that runners and lurkers couldnt� pounce me while doing this, it didn�t cross my mind what I was doing was wrong when it should have.
    Banned |Duration: 120 minutes|Reason: Banned for two hours, requested it. | Wed, September 26th of 2018
    Under the influence of drugs (alcohol), asked to get banned to avoid making a mistake.

Banned |Duration: 90 minutes|Reason: Asked to be banned for an hour and a half, due to being intoxicated. | Fri, October 5th of 2018
    Under the influence of drugs (alcohol), asked to get banned to avoid making a mistake.
    Warned for improper escalation, shot a fellow marine as a 'warning shot', but had burst fire on by accident. | Tue, October 9th of 2018
    N/A
    Was ahelped about as a doctor. Fixed a marines arm then proceeded to cut off the other before moving the marine to the auto doc. Only noting because of extensive note history and the fact he was logged off when i tried to message, Keep an eye out for further "soft griefing" | Sat, November 3rd of 2018
    N/A
    Banned |Duration: 10080 minutes|Reason: You Requested this ban. Please message me on discord or just ya know appeal on the forums. | Fri, December 7th of 2018
    Needed a break from CM and to avoid doing any dumb shit.
    Warned for improper escalation, throwing a survival knife at a medic over a dispute. | Fri, December 28th of 2018
    N/A
    Requested that a note be added stating that their internet frequently disconnects, and can take several minutes to reconnect. Please take this into consideration. | Fri, January 18th of 2019
    N/A
    Warned for LRP racism, kept saying 'NIGGER' for no other reason than to say it. | Sun, January 20th of 2019
    On my character Zach Werner, which I have since deleted and have no intentions of EVER playing such LRP characters again.

Banned |Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: EORG | Thu, March 21st of 2019
    I accidentally shot myself with a shotgun buckshot pointblank right before the EORG message came across.

As you see, many of these mistakes are either half intentional, or half unintentional and out of pure ignorance. Ignorance is NOT an excuse, ever. I KNOW the rules now, and I promise I will be on my best behavior from now on. Drugs, for the third or fourth time are NEVER an excuse, nor is ignorance. I know I may seem like a liability but I guess that�s what happens when a player has 30 notes.

I just want to play a regular character that doesn't do any of these things anymore, and for the most I've had when playing Samantha 'Riggs' Rigga, I don't think I've had very many notes playing this character or will more than once if it all. I am dedicated to playing a command role and I feel this is the right time to appeal it, even if I had about two or three notes this year. I am willing to under go a probation like state for a few months with any notes resulting in any punishment before you decide either to unban me or not.
    Last edited by Swagbag; 03-28-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so after reviewing whats being said and taking everything into consideration I'm going to be removing your command ban HOWEVER I am leaving you as banned from XO which you'll have to appeal again at a later date (1 Month Min).

Resolved.