Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pedroca2lucas - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Pedroca2lucas

Player Name You Use Most?
    Tony 'Blank' Anders / Yuki

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Negative.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    The BE tool is something that for me works as a last resort tool, not to be used against mere problems, but the ones that would affect the enjoyment of the round.

For me, using the BE tool would only apply for major griefing problems, killing MPs or shooting everyone in sight, it wouldn't make sense RP wise for the Captain to not take an action against it.

The main point is the fact that you can be wrong while performing the BE, while the execution has a full procedure related to marine law, including charges and acumulated timer, the BE doesn't, it is something that, if I may say, just happens, not having any procedure or warning that's going to be executed, as well for the reason behind the execution.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    Since I feel that my character wouldn't fit for the role, I'm creating a new character to play Captain, Mel Kim, she'd have a cosy atituted when it comes to mistakes and helping people to improve.

For the engineering staff, she'd try talking to them, while trying to make them work and help, showing that their job is vital for the success of every operation.

For the Staff Officer, she'd teach them on how to do things correctly, correcting their mistakes while leaving them get used, interfering when necessary.

For the Executive Officer, she'd answer every question, making sure they learn eveything needed for their respective promotion, while trying to teach them how to act in certain scenarios.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of the Commanding Officer is to lead their platoon to victory while coordenating with the whole crew to provide the best support to every squad.

While helping his Officers to improve on their respective duties and to ensure that the Colony is safe.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    The role had some recent changes, because of that, I believe that there's nothing else to add.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I'd say on helping people improve their way of playing and knowledge about the game, while providing fun and enjoyment for everyone.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    Only a few lights inside the CIC were working, seating on the Captain's chair, she looked around and them closed her eyes, the Captain approached her silently while smiling and them said.

"Having fun, Commander Mel?", with an instant reaction she jumped out of the chair, letting her beret fall, she them smiled.

"H-Had to c-check the console, Captain. We deployed most of our men already, power is low and we're out of ammo for our cannon.", the Captain crouched to take the beret that were on the ground, while doing that, he said. "Indeed, we're in a difficult situation here, this UPP base is stronger than the others we fought."

While taking her beret from the hands of the Captain, she glanced on every squad console, their respective Officers already deployed, most of them were killed in action... except one, a recently promoted Lieutenant that she helped earlier, the Captain then said "It seems that he's doing quite a work down there, I thought he'd just cause us trouble, also, you helped him with something earlier, right?", she remained quiet, worried about their units planetside
    fighting without communications, once again, the Captain said while smiling

"Don't you worry, I'll be deploying to organise our troops, you're to remain shipside and lead the crew on board, if some-", she didn't let him finish it, staring at the Captain's ID, she read the name...

Henry Kim, her father, she then answered the question from early, "H-He forgot about the console buttons, how to use them, had to teach him quick". Her father smiled and said, "If I die down there, you're the one in charge, already got the letter to recommend your promotion, it's by my desk, inside my office. Make everything work up here, I'm heading down"
    she them said, "I can't, I don't even know how to lead and.. and.. to things properly", her father laughed and said, "You're a patient girl, Commander Mel, you'll learn quick everything that's needed, also, you already know most of it, think about what you said to me.", he walked away, grabbing his rifle and armor, leaving his shiny white beret behind.

Wearing her father's beret, she coordinated every department shipside, managing to keep supplies flowing and briefing the recently awoken marines.

--1 Hour later--

While seating on the Captain's chair, drinking coffee and waiting for any signal of communications, she heard a voice coming from her headset, the static didn't help but she managed to understand most of it.

"C-Commander, we're done here, communications is working properly, please, send the dropships.", while laughing she said, "Of course, Lieutenant"

After that small contact, she announced the victory via console, both dropships were sent planetside, troops recovered and the Lieutenant moved to the CIC to report.

"Where's the Captain?", she said.

"He didn't make it, I'm sorry.", answered the Lieutenant.

She then asked for some time, going inside her father's office, grabbing the recommendation letter and reading it, she noticed a small paper a side... "Take care of our ship", while taking a deep breath, tears started to fall down her face...

Minutes later, she announced the death of their Captain while ordering the departure from the Colony's orbit.

--2 Months Later--

The USS Almayer stopped by the USCM HQ for repairs and resuplying, walking around the lower deck in the HQ, she then noticed to amounts of troops ready to board the Almayer, from privates to Lieutenants, as soon as she saw that there weren't any new Captains, an announcement were made

"Commander Mel Kim, your presence is required at the Fleet Admiral's Office."

Everyone started looking at her, higher ranks were well-known inside the HQ, she then reached the Office, opening the door and presenting herself while saluting the Fleet Admiral,that said. "No need for that, I received your Father's letter, noticed that you kept his beret with you.. you may use it now, Captain Mel"

Almost losing her composure, she asked for permission to leave the office, as soon as she left, she smiled while staring to the beret in hands, her time had finally come.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your application is well done.

Though something is putting me off about voting on it right now; I don't know if it's because of the way you portrayed your character in your story, or something else.

How you set the scene for your story makes it seem like you're gonna play like a nervous girl who just became an officer. That might just be how you wanted to write the story though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your activity in game is fine from what I understand, and I've seen you play before. You have the synth whitelist which is also a good sign.

You clearly put in the effort for which I'm looking for in a CO application, You have my +1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Tyumi, he's one of our good Synth players, so I believe in him
    +1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know you played Tony 'Blank' Anders but I've seen you in the SO and XO role before. Not as much now but that is due to you playing a Synthetic which is okay for me. But if your commanding is anything like your Synthetic gameplay, I know you can hold RP to a very high standard. I'd hope you play a bit more SO and XO but that isn't really as important to me as I know what Tony is like and he plays a level headed and competent officer.

My only request is that you play with a bit more confidence and authority as a Commanding Officer. The story is nice and well written but you gotta be strong in your position. But I want to mention that the emotional touch you give in the story reminds me of myself and I can truly respect a Commanding Officer that cares for the men they leads.

So enjoy this +1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumdor View Post
    How you set the scene for your story makes it seem like you're gonna play like a nervous girl who just became an officer. That might just be how you wanted to write the story though.
    I tried to make her a bit hesitant when talking about becoming the Captain, since her father held that title, meaning that to take it, he'd need to die or to leave the corps or being her transference to another ship.

While reviewing the story I saw that it could lead to some misunderstandings, but my character won't be that nervous, also, as Bancrose asked, I'm going to make her act more confident as a Captain.
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    Your activity in game is fine from what I understand, and I've seen you play before. You have the synth whitelist which is also a good sign.

You clearly put in the effort for which I'm looking for in a CO application, You have my +1
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Like Tyumi, he's one of our good Synth players, so I believe in him
    +1
    Thank you!
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    I didn't know you played Tony 'Blank' Anders but I've seen you in the SO and XO role before. Not as much now but that is due to you playing a Synthetic which is okay for me. But if your commanding is anything like your Synthetic gameplay, I know you can hold RP to a very high standard. I'd hope you play a bit more SO and XO but that isn't really as important to me as I know what Tony is like and he plays a level headed and competent officer.

My only request is that you play with a bit more confidence and authority as a Commanding Officer. The story is nice and well written but you gotta be strong in your position. But I want to mention that the emotional touch you give in the story reminds me of myself and I can truly respect a Commanding Officer that cares for the men they leads.

So enjoy this +1.
    Yeah, since I got the synth list, I focused more on playing it, but I'm usually playing XO on lowpop.

Also, I'll make her more confident, tried to make her show it the best as possible, but since I was using the Father's death to make her receive the title and her ship, I thought that it would make no sense to have her acting really cold and not caring about her loss.

Thank you for your vote!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'd like your playstyle and the way you wrote that story. good work on the app!

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardo View Post
    i'd like your playstyle and the way you wrote that story. good work on the app!

+1
    Thank you!