User Tag List

Thread: The Cristobal Massacre: Part One

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Cristobal Massacre: Part One

The Cristobal Massacre

I write this twenty years later, on the outer rims colonies aboard the Almayer as a Squad Leader, at the time of Cristobal, I was but a measly engineer and what I had in store still haunts me to this day and for my role in it, I will be facing a tribunal after my deployment on the Almayer.

We were originally deployed to Cristobal to in 2169, to remove Hetos from power. You have to understand, Hetos was a modern warlord, he was a sociopathic precursor to the CLF and AmArc benefactors wanted him removed from power so we could secure the colonies assets and resources. Briefing was mostly hush hush, they didn�t tell us much other than that about Hetos. We were sent down to the local landing zone and quickly made work to removing the shield generators.

We swept across most of the colonies cities and did the same to any colonists, however we arrived to [REDACTED] closed incorporated city on January 29th and encountered �heavy� resistance from colonists, supposedly riots started from Hetos.
    January 26th 2169
    18:50

�...Samantha...�
    �Staff sergeant Elvanov? What�s up?�
    �You�re our second squad engineer and I have received orders for you to handle bacterial angents from command informed by AmARC this operation on [REDACTED], I do not know the reasoning behind this but they said it would come in use.�

I was tasked with carrying cavity fluid, namely formaldehyde and a special AmARC propriety mixture of hydrochloricacid and lye. Something, I knew, was going to happen after we deployed on Cristobal.

15:40
    �Boys...kids...girls, we�re dropping now, we�ll be landing in a field like area fifty clicks away from a landing zone with shield generators, from there on we will move to deactivate those shield generators, expect resistance and deal with any opposition accordingly, whatever it takes.�

We moved to [REDACTED] landing zone from sector FIVE-A. From there on I and a few other engineers disabled the shield generators so the rest of the battalion could land in the landing zone.
    We encountered a few colonists, shield operators at that, greasy overalls and no weapons, the squad leader walked up to them after a few short words and just...put bullets through their necks and head like it was nothing more than a simple walk through the park. From there on we secured the rest of the cities on the archipelago of continent [REDACTED].
    Last edited by Swagbag; 03-26-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expect typos

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cristobal Massacre: Part Two

His face was covered in blood, bits of brain and viscera covering his armor as well. We all looked in horror and the bastard had the courage to look back at us and give us a subtle grin, exclaiming �Command doesn�t care about any atrocities committed down here, nor does the corporate liaison of Weyland-Yutani and AmArc. You are all free to do what I have done, and more.�

This obviously shook the morale of certain troops, some on their first deployment, the more seasoned and dare I say fucked up veterans changed, something changed in their head that is. What we had in store showed their true personalities along with Staff Sergeant Elvanov�s. Eventually we were moved to sector [REDACTED] by the same dropship to regroup with other troops from [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] squads. These troops were in the same position as us, squad leaders having free reign over any crimes other than rape, sexual assault, and dismemberment. Whatever this was, AmArc and Weyland-Yutani wanted us to make a point to colonists, little did we know this would back fire in the future and cause the rise of the Colonial Liberation Front and mass court martials of squad leaders and engineers in the future.
    Last edited by Swagbag; 03-26-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Date: Unknown
    I asked myself, why did I participate in this? I knew what would come with the murdering of military age men, �suspected� to be insurgents, and partly did not know the rest. I didn�t expect the mass graves, the innocent women and children put into the graves to keep this operation from leaking, the covering of bodies with fuel, cavity fluid, hydrochloric acid, lye...but someone always survives, someone always gets word out, just like the survivor and author of Space Beast did. Word got out and colonists started forming the precursor to the Colonial Liberation Front a few years later.

Did I fear being court martialed for not participating? Or facing a tribunal in a kangaroo court after what I did? Maybe being executed for knowing what happened? Well, it should have happened sooner and it was the reason I volunteered for the outer rims aboard the Almayer, to delay my inevitable sentence as long as possible. What would a captain or CMP do after reading my tours of duty? Report me and immediately send me back to Earth or Mars for trial? That day hasn't come yet, but I fear it WILL soon.
    Last edited by Swagbag; 03-27-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    January 23rd 2169

I feel like the Gestapo. We�ve begun construction of mass graves, preparing the bacterial agents for the bodies. What now? Our recruits are beginning to show signs of PTSD and AmArc is promising benefits to certain people for there �work.� I�ve personally shot five colonists this month, two women, two children, and one actual man who managed to occur a double barrel shotgun and killed two marines.

I hear the voices of the people I killed in my head, "I have family," "My children." "Please...!" but I refuse to see any doctors about it. Hell, we have no doctors for mental health anyway, too many people are killing themselves now and AmArc and high command refuses to help. Is this a conspiracy to keep word from coming out? One man gunned down three other marines before turning the gun on himself and throwing himself in the grave.
    Last edited by Swagbag; 03-27-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)