Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Incompetent Queens

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incompetent Queens

To what degree is incompetence is allowed? - It's allowed up to the point you're either causing more harm in the round than not, or you're part of a command role. In the case of a mute SL, (check the rulings above about SLs) this is not allowed and mods should be taking as SL is a vital role in the round. If someone wants to not bother with RP, we got roles like PFC for that. In the case of a Doctor, a Mentor will help them out to the best of their abilites but unless the doctor is killing people with his operations, taking a long time to heal you up isn't something we punish for.

this is an official ruling from Emerald. Unless you don't include queen as "command role" then this should apply to queen as well. Queen straight ruins rounds with incompetence. So can we now report queens for being incompetent?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to do either one of 2 things :

_ Set a time lock on Roundstart Queen role

_ Turn the Xeno Queen pref to OFF (because it and survivor are on by default for some reason), and put some damn standards on queens. I'd rather get dunked by queen timer than having to deal with a shit queen

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What stops me going drone just to go queen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could give admins power as the Queen Mother to devolve queen to drone and instantly promote a drone that they agree on through Ahelp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had two rounds of new incompetent queens just like last week. Xenos carried the game and lost in almayer since we had no coordination. Didnt give any orders and xenos were all over the place and marines start gunning us one by one.

Not to say that im not a good queen myself since i rely in screech and having xenos clean up for me. But having a bald queen who doesnt know how to give early leaders, Pheros or healing is quite incompetent. I remember when i first played queen i didnt hesitate in asking questions on how it works but i got most of my experience in overwatching playing command roles. If queen gets a time whitelist it should be tied on SO, XO play count since its literally the same but with extra buttons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main problem is when someone who doesn't even really know how to play xeno tries to play queen. You learn a lot of the queen essentials just by playing as regular xenos and seeing what competent queens do every round.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a queen is incompetent to the point of being unable to respond to staff messages and doesn't know basic xeno functions, they'll be switched out.

Beyond that, we don't punish people for learning the role or being bad at a role.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just timelocking in general should stop this, at least for roundstart queens.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably would be a good idea for queen spawn to be set to NO in character creation, since having RNG decide to put you in a stressful role for your first game is not the best way to learn how to play.

Heck, I think when I started playing here, my first xeno round WAS AS A QUEEN. Or at least it was one of the first few times i tried xeno, anyways. thankfully I had some experience from vanilla (where xenos were more an event than a normal gameplay element) but still... A lot of pressure for a noob.

Same reason why traitor roles on most vanilla servers is set to off unless manually ticked on: Allows people to learn at their own pace before tackling more demanding and complicated roles that are easy to faff up.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how about no
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.