User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: Incompetent Queens

  1. #11
    Senior Member Steelpoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Queen, but your not robust enough of a Xeno by my standards so you are being Queen banned. Even if you were the only Drone.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

  2. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didnt read OP. Stupid idea. New players will play to learn and have fun. Deal with a shit round every now and then so one may enjoy theirs.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I was devolved in highpop as ancient lurker "to make room for boilers" even tho there were young lurkers around (this was with old timers), I ahelped it out of being stumped, wasn't mad but I was told there are absolutely no standards related to competence.

    I think there is no absolutely no drawback to putting timelock (hours/rounds played or something) on roundstart queen, they have around the same impact as commanders which is whitelisted.

  4. #14
    Senior Member MasterShakeEZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    Didnt read OP. Stupid idea. New players will play to learn and have fun. Deal with a shit round every now and then so one may enjoy theirs.
    It blows my mind that you are a moderator.

  5. #15
    Senior Member MasterShakeEZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    Sorry Queen, but your not robust enough of a Xeno by my standards so you are being Queen banned. Even if you were the only Drone.
    More like "Sorry queen you didn't know how to ovi for the first 15 minutes and ruined all chances that xenos had for the entire round so you should be punished for not taking 5 minutes to look at the wiki and learn the absolute basics of your role."

  6. #16
    Senior Member Steelpoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't ban Specialists who are so special in the head they prematurely fire off HEFA grenades near a crowd of Marines, or a Staff Officer who fires off a OB a bit too close to the Marine lines.

    Someone has to be Queen, and you have no guarantee of their competence. Sometimes you have to roll with the punches.

    At worst, if a Queen is failing to grasp basic concepts, I'd suggest ahelping to see if someone can try and mentor them a bit.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

  7. #17
    Senior Member MasterShakeEZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    We don't ban Specialists who are so special in the head they prematurely fire off HEFA grenades near a crowd of Marines, or a Staff Officer who fires off a OB a bit too close to the Marine lines.

    Someone has to be Queen, and you have no guarantee of their competence. Sometimes you have to roll with the punches.

    At worst, if a Queen is failing to grasp basic concepts, I'd suggest ahelping to see if someone can try and mentor them a bit.
    the entire reason I brought it up is because the ruling literally is talking about command staff being incompetent. So ya SOs can get in trouble for being incompetent. 1 marine friendly firing someone is no where near the level of a queen who literally commands an entire side and they have to listen to everything the queen says. When a queen completely ruins a round it ruins the round for 100+ players including marines because marines don't want a round that lasts 15 minutes after 25 minutes of briefing and preparation either. Its no fun for anyone.

    The idea that SO/XO are held to a higher standard than queen when they have no real power especially when a CO is around, compared to queen who is the ABSOLUTE power of xenos, makes no sense to me at all.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 03-28-2019 at 10:04 AM.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Steelpoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the entire Alien Hive is wiped out in sub 15 minutes I don't think the Queen bears the entire blame for that, outside of her giving the Hive suicide orders.

    Point to me in the rules where it states that you can be banned for incompetence. I see plenty of incompetent players who never get banned, because that would be a insane rule. Because as far as I am concerned, if a rule is not on the RULES page then how can it be considered a rule?

    Finally, to reiterate, just ask the admins/mods/mentors/whomst'ever to somewhat mentor the Queen if you feel they are not doing well. Kicking someone, force ghosting them, or banning them for being bad at a role is shit form, especially in a game where it is entirely possible for you to be forced into that role depending on the circumstances.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

  9. #19
    Senior Member MasterShakeEZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    If the entire Alien Hive is wiped out in sub 15 minutes I don't think the Queen bears the entire blame for that, outside of her giving the Hive suicide orders.

    Point to me in the rules where it states that you can be banned for incompetence. I see plenty of incompetent players who never get banned, because that would be a insane rule. Because as far as I am concerned, if a rule is not on the RULES page then how can it be considered a rule?

    Finally, to reiterate, just ask the admins/mods/mentors/whomst'ever to somewhat mentor the Queen if you feel they are not doing well. Kicking someone, force ghosting them, or banning them for being bad at a role is shit form, especially in a game where it is entirely possible for you to be forced into that role depending on the circumstances.
    No one said anything about banning but at the top of the page I quote the ruling. Here I will do it again for you.

    To what degree is incompetence is allowed? - It's allowed up to the point you're either causing more harm in the round than not, or you're part of a command role. In the case of a mute SL, (check the rulings above about SLs) this is not allowed and mods should be taking as SL is a vital role in the round. If someone wants to not bother with RP, we got roles like PFC for that. In the case of a Doctor, a Mentor will help them out to the best of their abilites but unless the doctor is killing people with his operations, taking a long time to heal you up isn't something we punish for.

    Last week I had a round where the queen didn't ovi for the first 15 minutes because they didn't know what they were doing. This means we had 0 eggs for infecting anything in the first 15 minutes. This means no evolution for the first 15 minutes. Marines were inside the caves in LV before we had a t3 because we were so behind on evolution. The marines didn't land early either they landed at 25 like usual. We had nothing to stop the marine push and they destroyed the hive in the first 10 minutes of fighting. Im sure other people have examples too.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Steelpoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the ruling is not on the rules page, I don't consider it a rule. That's my opinion but I consider it utterly unreasonable to cite this rule at someone when the rule is hidden on some forum page that is utterly inaccessible to an average player, nor do I think it is logical to expect people to recall several pages worth of specific rulings.

    On topic, if the Queen went a quarter of a hour without ovi then I'd like to ask what the game staff were doing. This seems more a problem that could've very easily been resolved with a mentor or akin who could've helped the Queen.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •