Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Incompetent Queens

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    If the ruling is not on the rules page, I don't consider it a rule. That's my opinion but I consider it utterly unreasonable to cite this rule at someone when the rule is hidden on some forum page that is utterly inaccessible to an average player, nor do I think it is logical to expect people to recall several pages worth of specific rulings.

On topic, if the Queen went a quarter of a hour without ovi then I'd like to ask what the game staff were doing. This seems more a problem that could've very easily been resolved with a mentor or akin who could've helped the Queen.
    //showthrea...on-Update-2019
    Im not the one that puts rulings on a forum post. Don't look at me. Its still a ruling.

Im sure the staff were trying to explain to the newbie queen how to do things and eventually succeeded otherwise the queen would have never ovied. Usually what happens is the staff tries to help them for 15 minutes but it don't work then they ask for someone to take over the queen but by this time shit has already gone down hill for 15 minutes while they go through this process.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 03-28-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My suggestions were both simple enough to do that won't impact anyone that truly wants to learn.

+ Either put a xeno time lock on Xeno Queen ROUNDSTART (nothing else, because if you don't have roundstart or yours die, nobody expects shit anymore)
    + TURN THE XENO QUEEN PREF TO OFF BY DEFAULT, and have some god damn standard for it at least in the same level as you would whoop SO for. You're in charge of 30+ players and THEY ARE FORCED TO FOLLOW YOUR EVERY ORDER, SUICIDAL OR NOT. This is even fucking worse than a Captain, and Captain takes Whitelist+command experience+SOME STANDARD SET ON IT TO NOT ABUSE THEIR POWER outside of RP shits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much that. A xeno queen has more power than the CO since no one can mutiny outside of you intentionally sabotaging the hive, and it has to be OBVIOUS you're trying to fuck up the round. The ssethtide has led to an absolute massive load of queens who don't know how to lock the DS despite it being the main end game of every single xeno round, ovi, use pheromones, just basic stuff that's not even related to orders. I'm not asking that they know the meta hive locations or the best organization for our T3/T2 line up, I'm just asking that they know the very BASICS of xenos. Roundstart queen is a good feature, but it needs some checks so someones first time on CM isn't as the queen. I've had so many queens in the past month that don't even know how to get to the LZ, and you can understand why this is frustrating many xeno players, right?

Edit: Since you shouldn't have to be learning the game WHILST you're commanding the entire hive. At least learn the map and area where you can go before trying to pick up a command position. You can't exactly plan coordinated attacks if you don't know how to get out of the caves.
    Last edited by Aracino; 03-28-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    It blows my mind that you are a moderator.
    Why do you think that queens who aren't good should be reported? A new player comes in and gets queen. They should get in trouble for learning by playing instead of sitting for an hour reading guides? No fuck that. We are a community around a game, games are for fun. Just because you aren't having a good round one round doesn't allow you to want to alienate other players and is extremely disgusting thinking and honestly you seem to have no respect or regard for other players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    Why do you think that queens who aren't good should be reported? A new player comes in and gets queen. They should get in trouble for learning by playing instead of sitting for an hour reading guides? No fuck that. We are a community around a game, games are for fun. Just because you aren't having a good round one round doesn't allow you to want to alienate other players and is extremely disgusting thinking and honestly you seem to have no respect or regard for other players.
    The issue here is that playing Queen with zero understanding or the intent to do badly impacts everyone, all the way from the xenos who have to deal with you not doing your job so they're crippled, to the marines who can then just roll you. This is why CO was whitelisted. I honestly can't tell if you're just pretending or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post
    The issue here is that playing Queen with zero understanding or the intent to do badly impacts everyone, all the way from the xenos who have to deal with you not doing your job so they're crippled, to the marines who can then just roll you. This is why CO was whitelisted. I honestly can't tell if you're just pretending or not.
    Now here's the good post. You clarify between outright malicious vs new. Being new is fine. Outright malicious is not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daturix you are making little to no sense. A person's first game on CM shouldn't be as XO or A SO, and it shouldn't be as Queen. You need to learn the maps, how each caste works, and how to play CM in general. We're getting so many queens who don't know even the basics of queening that you'd understand from playing a few games as normal xenos, that's the main problem.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Queen is essentially the voice of reason to the hive, being able to mitigate bad hive compositions and tactics by having relative ultimate authority over every lesser xeno. Granted being an autocrat is shitty and unpopular, but having the final say on what xenos evolve into and what engagements they choose is an important function in keeping a round going. For good decisions to be made, then, experience and understanding of how xenos and maps work is a must.

It took me about two months of consistent playing before I was comfortable playing Queen, and even then I blew it mid-round by accidentally toggling stalking mode and getting gunned down alone.

No one is going to get it right the first time, particularly so if they are unfamiliar with Xeno mechanics AND the map. I'm not for whitelisting the role, obviously, but timelocking roles like on other servers should mitigate baldie queens somewhat.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to affirm to prevent new players from playing queen and being bad. Beat way to learn is jump in face first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind bad queens, I mind retarded queens that don't even know SS13 combat or how to talk/ovi in the first place. My suggestions don't stop new players from going in the queen role and learning, they just prevent the absolute "this is my first alien game" retards who ruin the round for aliens just because they can, with no punishment, standard or even a way to prevent them beforehand.

XENO ARE FORCED TO OBEY THE QUEEN BY OOC STANDARD, but the moment we suggest any of that sweet OOC juice on the queen role, people throw out retarded arguments

SL have a requirement put on them, forcing them to obey Command as long as they're being reasonable, or they get banned. SO and XO all get punished if they OB a marine force and lose the round for marines, and CO has a fucking whitelist put on the role.

Can we at least put something on the Queen role, or the round start queen RNG roll, so that we can prevent the retarded fucks from rolling queen and ruining the round for xeno ?
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 03-29-2019 at 12:37 PM.