User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Incompetent Queens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been brought up so many times and we all know that the correct answer to the problem is timelocking roundstart queens to at least 3 rounds played. The arguments against it are always super weak and basically just go "Nah will never happen". *golfclap

I have had an equal number of horrible Xeno rounds due to bad leadership as I had as a Marine. The only difference is that a completely bald queen just fucks everyone over, Marines and Xenos alike. I have seen Queens die by 12:35 because they charged into a group of marines and didn't know they had a screech. Things like that are simply unacceptable. I understand that anyone should be allowed to evolve into a queen and thats perfectly reasonable. But I don't understand why roundstart queen can't be timelocked for at least 3 rounds played. You should at least realize that the Queen has a damn screech.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a super easy fix that they've refused to do for a while so don't count on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can play XO on your first ever game, but you can't fuck over the round. Marines will unga, Req will do its thing, POs will fly, medbay fixes everyone when marines unga too hard and so on.

Queen? Don't ovi for a while, the hive is set behind in a time-critical issue.
    Don't issue orders? Good xenos can work around that if they have sufficient confidence.
    No leaders or pheromones? A hard blow but not quite game-ending.

Now, for comparison purposes, imagine if there was no CO and only XO.
    XO would control Req for the attachments: If your XO didn't give you attachments, you wouldn't get any except those your role can get at start. (Pheromones)
    He could select to provide medbay with four autodocs, and toggle them on and off as necessary. (Recovery)
    He could select squad leaders who permanently broadcast Orders. (Again pheromones)
    He would be the only one able to make announcements.

Now imagine marines having all of that as standard.
    Then imagine what would happen if the Req part was removed.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, it's really weird. I understand where you're coming from - People shouldn't be discouraged from learning, nor could (or should) the Queen ever be a whitelisted role. Likewise, banning them for being new? No, and that's ridiculously toxic. Joining as a midround queen, not knowing what you're doing, is absolutely fine too. The ball's set in motion, you can save the xenos or die trying, and get some learning in too!

But like. Dat, you've been ignoring the points people have put forward here. Roundstart Queens that don't understand how to play get their hive steamrolled.
    It's not fun for the Queen, because they get yelled at OOC and IC, and it more than likely scares them off from the server. (Before you cherrypick that, yes, it's toxic as hell that it happens, but it does.)
    It's not fun for the xenos, because they have to deal with the Most Important xeno not even knowing how to speak in the hivemind chat, and therefore limiting their co-ordination to something like a fat slug - and that's in the best case scenario.
    It's not fun for predators, because they've had about 30 minutes of time to poke around at the factions before the game ends.
    It's not fun for the marines, because they just get a buzzkill 50 minute round, and a fun map rotation gets wasted. All that time waiting for req, waiting for briefing, waiting for the ship to drop, for 20 minutes of a stomp fest. Wew.

And yet, there's a really simple fix for this! Really simple!

OUSypJ7.png

And having it ticked off by default. Yeah, players new to xeno will still join as a roundstart Queen sometimes like this, and that's an issue you don't seem like you or the team want to admit is an issue yet, but this is a good compromise. The character setup has been fucked for a long time, and why the hell is Queen automatically a yes by default for new players?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no! We will never restrict new players with OOC rules because they need to have fun too!

And what about the older players? Oh they should put up with being told to do stupid things because the new players are playing the boring as hell command roles!

Ignorance is not an excuse for OOC rules but it's totally fine for the the CE/CMO/Cargo to be ignorant on how to do their jobs from doing surgery, fixing APCs, to even just taking out magazines out of magazine boxes instead of playing a more expendable role to learn such things or just reading the wiki even!
    Last edited by Ttly; 04-13-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, some people completely fail to realize difference between getting queen roundstart at first play and getting queen after playing drone first for at least 40-60 minutes. (Doubt Queen can die before that time).

Amusing.
    Last edited by jeser; 04-16-2019 at 03:38 PM. Reason: rephrasing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the very least, Queen needs to be off by default and have a 2h playtime lock for roundstart Queen. Again, like stated in this thread multiple times, nobody expects anything from drone evolving to Queen, so it need not be locked.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that our position on this is quite clear and has been for forever.

How to become senior dev.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awan View Post
    I think that our position on this is quite clear and has been for forever.
    ya your position is soft griefing is allowed, we are asking you to change it not debate how stupid we think it is

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    ya your position is soft griefing is allowed, we are asking you to change it not debate how stupid we think it is
    I read this three times. But still cannot figure out what you are trying to say here.

Do you mean you are discussing here how stupid is?
    Or are you asking us to change it?

I have not heard anything new in this discussion in a long time.

How to become senior dev.