Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an improvement, thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit, finally, thank you.

theDonkified, as well as other devs involved with this fix - Thank you for making this change, and listening to the community. It's nice to know that even if a Queen is new now, they'd have chosen their position by choice.

For future reference, awan and Daturix, please actually read the posts next time instead of skimming over and saying yeah, yeah, seen it, been there. You obviously didn't read them. You wrote the majority of posts off as 'teehee queen whitelist that's not gonna happen', and as a result, this one thing that's been a problem since before the ssethtide was ignored willfully until theDonkified and Matt fixed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will take some time to see how this change affects things but I suspect it will be for the better and no one will ever look back.

I'm just surprised that after many threads complaining about this, multiple gitlab issues, and hours of salt it just suddenly got changed like that but man I'm glad to hear it. A lot of people were suggesting a whitelist, soft whitelist/brownlist or a timelock (and i still personally think a timelock is a good idea), which might be too extreme but the main thing is people saw an issues and there was a very mild response to that which was never really considered but should of been the first suggestion.

There is something nice to be said for a new player that joins CM and sees lots of possibilities and roles for them to try out, even if really you just want them to pick PFC first regardless of all else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queen being set to off was definitely a good addition. I don�t play xeno much but I know how to play it at least. That said...
    I have a predator and CO whitelist and personally still have found queen to be the most intense, difficult role in combat and slightly less so out of combat mainly due to all the buttons. Outside of that, it�s still mildly difficult at first.

For a new ssethtide type new player, I�d say it�s a role impossible to just �pickup� without any prior experience as a xeno or as a player in CM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post

For a new ssethtide type new player, I�d say it�s a role impossible to just �pickup� without any prior experience as a xeno or as a player in CM.
    Oh yeah, queen is hard to pickup, but I think the worst thing is that it simply isn't too fun, at least for me. There's too much pressure to perform and do well I feel.