Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

KittyHawkpilot019 - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Kittyhawkpilot019

Player Name You Use Most?
    Erich Bishop

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    As a serious IC punishment derived from situations where someone is directly harming others, or the mission itself, it is a punishment which should be carried out only when it is not able to have been carried out by the MP's. It may also be considered in OOC ways as you are taking someone out of the round permanently.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    Rodger Thomson, my newer character, a 'Troopie' from Rhodesian roots.

Insubordination

Since Engineering staff are commonly low ranking staff, the insubordination would not mean as much to me as if it were an officer, a first offense is small compared to a second offense post warning. That being said, first offense; warning, second offense; punishment. Simple enough, however if the suspect is able to prove the insubordination helped save others lives, or the missions, it may be pardon'd

Staff officer incompetent

It can be an OOC issue when players are bald, and I would ask a fellow staff member to help them if required.

If it were an IC issue and the person war playing an incompetent character, I would teach them what they needed to know best I could if time werent an issue.

What is the last question?

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    Short answer: Give orders, take blame.
    longer answer: the role of the commander will sway how the round goes, having control over the marines actions,

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Post CO rework, in my opinion it is fine, however it could be nice if standard issue hats such as, USCM Caps, berets or boonies had cameras on them, it is 2186 afterall.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    Possible 'new' situations that the marines may find new and refreshing, but not only fun to them, but me. Something to remember, as I have been playing more and more command staff roles and been trying to give more opportunities of role-play with other roles.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    Rodger Thomson graduated from Salisbury Station, then enlisted in the USCM-Light-Infantry for the south-eastern outer-rim, the week after he graduated. He first served during several counter insurgency warfare events, controlling a small regiment from his ROTC position, learning how small insurgent groups fight with low supply. Thomson was later assigned an nCO position in the Second Command, with the attached USCM Medical Corps aboard the USS Vega, seeing small combat with better armament and surplus, becoming a commissioned officer. Later, upon emergency, he was transferred to Captain the USS Almayer, war had broken out. Locked onto the coordinates of a distress signal, the dark ship stabilized orbit over an area, LV-624.

He wears a blue patch with a yellow tiger with a banner below it, "PRO REGE, PRO PATRIA, PRO LEGE"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I give my opinion on your application, I want to know how you as a player have changed since being denied on your synthetic application.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumdor View Post
    Before I give my opinion on your application, I want to know how you as a player have changed since being denied on your synthetic application.
    While its only been a month, but I've gotten feedback, and i've stopped the LRP shenanigans and I believe I am improving IC and OOC wise, as I've made a new character and I am finding what suits me best in what roles to act as.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only seen you play a handful of times, though I have no opinion on what I saw, so I'm going to wait and see what other people say.

Edit: My opinion on your application is that it's average, not horrible but also not great. For now, I'm neutral and will wait and see what others think.
    Last edited by Lumdor; 12-30-2018 at 06:51 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen you play SL/SO/XO, and in my honest opinion all I've ever seen you do as a PFC is still run around with no armor and still do meme stuff. You're a great mentor, don't get me wrong, but I don't think as the way you play your character you have proven you're ready for a whitelist yet.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your behavior and demeanor has changed in the last months with notable improvements. Thats good, but I don't know how you react or respond while under a stressful role like XO or SO where you actively take control of the Operation.

I'm going to stay neutral until I can better gauge you in those roles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was really enthusiastic about your synth app when you posted it, because at the time I saw your competence as a player of the game. You've even showed people in game how to play, which is why you're a solid mentor.

After your app was denied, I asked you on the CM discord if you were discouraged at all by this because I still had and continue to have high expectations of you, and you said to me "its an app, its meant to be either denied or accepted."
    Do you still think of apps this way?
    How come you'd like to be a Captain?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolubleWhenWet View Post
    I was really enthusiastic about your synth app when you posted it, because at the time I saw your competence as a player of the game. You've even showed people in game how to play, which is why you're a solid mentor.

After your app was denied, I asked you on the CM discord if you were discouraged at all by this because I still had and continue to have high expectations of you, and you said to me "its an app, its meant to be either denied or accepted."
    Do you still think of apps this way?
    How come you'd like to be a Captain?
    It was something I said at the time, because it was a day? after it got denied, and I had been discouraged, at the time.
    Apps give players a larger piece of the game to play, and enjoy.
    I've made the captain app, mostly because in a few previous rounds I've been trying to make rounds fun for others, not just me, and as captain they are able to do that more. Aswell as I have been playing more CIC staff and improving role-play for myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going for neutral, I'll check your gamestyle.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your application is alright. While not shining, it certainly doesnt fail.

While i know erich can RP i cant say ive seen thompson. But..... im going to go out on a limb here.

+1
    I think you can do it based on what ive seen in game, i hope you prove me right.