Byond ID?
    bl0kyss

CM Character?
    Jake 'BB' Fletcher

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    CET

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    I'm not really sure because even though I'm currently unemployed and "free", I might get a job soon plus I'm preparing my college entrance exam

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Negative

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Rarely, but when I do it's mostly Paradise station

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Negative

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Negative

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes, on Paradise Station, with the primary reason being a confusion between some staff and what transpired in the round. I made a thread about it on Reddit, the admin responded and lifted my ban afterward. Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/commen...how_i_have_no/

I've also been banned from Paradise once before, in my very early SS13 days. It's something I'm not proud of, I murderboned as antag. This was VERY early on and I know all the errors I made.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yep, I'm relatively active on the CM13 discord anyways.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    If the MP's have detained them, it should be resolved IC'ly. I might contact the player to ask if they're new to the server and if they're familiar with the rules. I'll probably send them the link to read rules and warn them that ignorance isn't a valid excuse.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'd have to inquire into the matter. However, I'm not that familiar with managing predators and I'll probably ask admins or mods that have better knowledge on what to do. If the predator is malicious or just trolling, which of course is very unlikely since the whitelist process weeds out all the bad seeds, then I'll look at it as a rule break incident and handle it that way.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Contact him, ask him whether his new to CM13 or SS13 in general. I'll move him to a side and start explaining stuff to him (if im not busy with other things)

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I'll forward him to an admin, but I'll also show the admin what the player already said. I'll also warn the player that outright harassment is against the rules and that they should calm down.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Contact said marine and explain that he needs an original name (I'm not that familiar with admin tools and other tools of the trade but if there's a name change option I'll probably give him a random one).

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'll contact him and order him to read rules and leave the guns. There is no reason for an MT to be armed, if he wanted to play with guns he should've rolled with PFC.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Seeing as how survivors don't know of the Almayer and the USCM coming, they are free to open fire at anyone or anything. I'll explain that they're dealing with (RP) people who "survived" a bug infestation and that they're trigger happy for a reason. The marine will probably be revived since most survivor encounters are early game, there is no need for action. I'll tell the marine to be more careful next time.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Well, I'll contact the MP at once and see their reasoning. Being an MP is really serious, and we can't have power hungry idiots ruin other peoples games. Since I played MP and CMP a lot, I know that each case is different. From deranged MP's to deranged marines, it's really important to know all the facts. If the MP did an oopsie, I'll order them to familiarize themselves with marine law and how players should behave. If its their first time, i'll probably give them a verbal warning, then a note, then a jobban.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    If using queen mother, I'll tell the remaining aliens to fight until their death. As for the marines, subtle message the aCO to wrap it up. I'm not that familiar with mod or admin tools mind you, so I can't really give a definitive answer. I don't think this is an issue most times even though dchat will always scream "delayliens".

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Contact them to establish the truth, if they're new to medic I'll give them a warning and tell them to read up on the guides before playing again. If they're intentionally killing marines, then it's probably a ban. People with malicious desires that play medics with the sole purpose of griefing the server so hard should be taken really seriously. Especially since badly administered drugs cause so much damage and so much pain for others trying to revive anyone who was OD'd.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Explain to them that EORG doesn't apply to hostile sides. Aliens can keep killing marines, etc. EORG only applies to members of the same team.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Ah, the classic Ssethtider you mean, probably a kick/3hr ban/ or even longer if the player is clearly in it just to troll.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    If the issue can be resolved IC'ly with the help of MP's, the murderer will be permabrigged. As for the murderer in an OOC sense, I'll explain that it can be considered griefing and that there is absolutely no justification for killing anyone just because of a punch. I'd advise them to read up on marine law and rules, and probably give them a note. I'd specifically point them to rule 4 regarding griefing, and rule 14 regarding lethal force. Of course, it depends on the initial causes of the fight and if they're justified by RP IC'ly. If a player is being griefed, the griefer will pay for it and the player will be healed. A punch in no way justifies murder. I've dealt with such players in the past and I'm not ashamed to admit that I also sometimes get a desire to bash someone's head in for being an asshole. The main difference is that I can contain my homicidal desires very well and let the staff handle lousy players.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would OOC speak to everyone in the round, reminding them that because it's not a legal mutiny, they all risk being banned. Especially if the mutiny is over something trivial and stupid.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'd explain to him that of course no one condones racism, but that it's "allowed" in an IC sense. I'd have to see just what kind of racial slurs are going on to determine if they're jokes and marine RP or someone being pissed off and escalating a situation.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban, no question about it.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    In my time of playing aliens or queen, I often ahelped all players that exhibited such behavior but I don't know if anything really happened to them. "Combat Larvae" is a stupid meme pulled off by stupid people. Often times I think it's done by salty marines that want to harm the alien side. My personal desire would be to ban such a player from playing xeno since I can't help but interpret that is being a clear act of griefing.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd probably ghost him out of his body and explain to him that there are certain roleplay standards to uphold on CM, since its a medium roleplay server.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Same as previous answer, but without the ghosting part. I don't think this is a common issue though, except with the new players that don't know how their IC knowledge progresses during the game.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Contact the command staff member and see why they're even playing command without full knowledge of the game. Of course, I know no one is stopping them from playing command, but it's still a general rule of thumb everyone should follow. I'd explain to them to first read the round-start info text and that they're responding to a "distress call" without any knowledge of the planetside events. Also, I think this issue might only occur with SO's that are new to the game, not with XO's or CO's. And of course, it's important to note that an XO should not ever make such a blunder since their role is only a step down from CO's. Serious jobs carry a serious responsibility.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    From an RP standpoint, I'd say it's justified. However, there are PLENTY of escape pods around the ship and it wouldn't be justified if, for example, the adjacent escape pod had room. If the latter is the case, the murder wouldn't be justified at all.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd probably issue a 3hr ban to let them calm down. I understand we are all different and we can all get pissed off at something, still that doesn't justify being a dick and the rules are pretty clear on that.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'd explain that xenos don't care about such stuff and that the player is completely valid. I'd advise the player to seek out either cryo, or a safe place such as the FOB if they have to go AFK for a short period of time. Also, in an attempt to make the player feel better about it, I'd mention how SSD xenomorphs are also valid targets for marines. However, the player can't expect a heal or the larva to be removed by mods/admins and would have to go to surgery and handle it IC'ly.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd contact them and ask about it. Mainly because we can have different interpretations of what is what. I'd also like for a senior staff member to be involved since they have the most experience and authority. Mistakes happen and we can always contact the player to correct any mistakes. However, I feel as if a staff member isn't sure about a rule or some information, they should always ask a senior.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    First of all, I'd respect the chain of command. As I already stated, senior members have both more knowledge and authority. If the issue is a relatively tricky one, there will probably be a discussion about it either on Discord or forums.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I've been playing SS13 for about 2 years now and I've switched various servers during that time. I found CM to be the best "mix" for my taste, with both an interesting lore story (since I love the Aliens franchise) and in roleplay standards and community involvement. I'd like to be a moderator in order to further strengthen that community and keep the good players safe from the bad ones. At the end of the day, this is a video game, and we're all here to have fun. That's why it's important to follow the rules and guidelines. The rules are here to protect the community and are made by the community. I think we're all responsible for enforcing those rules and making sure everyone has a good time, I just want to take that a step further.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I think the most important quality for any person that wishes to enforce laws, rules, etc., is to have an unbiased and calm rationale. It's important to take the role seriously, and without any selfish desires. The world isn't black and white, and this game isn't either. As such, many situations arise that require an in-depth understanding and an unbiased, calculated judgment, with the general good of the majority as a goal.

Anything else you
    I'd like to add that I made this appeal with only the community in question. I'm aware that the recent spike in the player count (Ssethtide) it's important to gather more staff that is willing not only to enforce rules and keep the server safe from malice, but to help the new players become fully integrated into the community. I would also like to add that I can't make any promises as to my availability during weekdays, weekends, etc. The main reason for that being that I'm 20 years old and can't really "tie myself down" to a particular schedule as of yet. I have a college entrance exam in two months that I have to study for, finding a job to get out of the debt I have, and generally "living life" as you could say. In making this application I decided to be fully honest and state that even though I want to become a moderator and be a part of the community for years to come, I can't make any long-term promises. I also have to add that I'm not familiar with admin tools in SS13 and that IF I get accepted, I'll probably need some training.

For the stated reasons, I might not be your wisest choice. In the end, whether I get accepted or not, I'll still probably be a CM regular.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest, I'm a bit iffy on this one. My biggest concerns are that several questions are significantly incorrect, which I'll go over in a moment. The positives I see though are that you seem very willing to learn and I think most of the issues with protocol and how to respond to various events could be hammered out during the trial moderator period. You have a few semi-recent, within the past few months notes, but none are too severe. If accepted, you need to keep in mind that moderators are expected to never violate the rules for any reason, and doing so can be grounds for being removed.

Ultimately, I'm going to remain neutral for now. The questions have a lot of issues, but I wouldn't personally say any of them are critically wrong.

In regards to the questions:

A new/lost player should probably be referred to a Mentor to handle if any are available.

You're allowed to forward someone to the admins if they ask, but they don't actually have any such right to demand it. Whoever is handling the ahelp, in this hypothetical, you, is responsible for it. You should only really get an admin if you feel the situation really warrants it.

An MT running around with guns is almost always an IC issue, unless you have some reason to believe they're power/metagaming.

The medic one is extremely wrong, and does concern me a bit. If you are involved in the situation ICly in the slightest, you don't handle it. You get another staff member to.

The xeno one is kind of correct, you do need to speak with them, but you don't need to force them out of their body or anything. A note will do fine, and if they have a history of it, a job ban.

The dropship one is covered under Roleplay Standards on the Rules page: Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as �hydro� or �shuttle� are acceptable.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must mimic Grimreaper here as it's exactly what I was going to bring up myself. All mentioned along with you seem a little ban happy but can be ironed out. -1
    Last edited by Daturix; 03-28-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'd have to inquire into the matter. However, I'm not that familiar with managing predators and I'll probably ask admins or mods that have better knowledge on what to do. If the predator is malicious or just trolling, which of course is very unlikely since the whitelist process weeds out all the bad seeds, then I'll look at it as a rule break incident and handle it that way.
    You investigate the issue, however, Pred players are white listed and thus a report must be filed on the forums if there is a break of the honor code. You shouldn't be banning or enforcing disciplinary action in-game to a pred player for breaking the honor code. You can certainly voice your professional opinion in a constructive manner though.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Contact him, ask him whether his new to CM13 or SS13 in general. I'll move him to a side and start explaining stuff to him (if im not busy with other things)
    As a mod you're essentially the server's security. Get the player hooked up with a mentor, however, if there are none on then by all means help the player out.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I'll forward him to an admin, but I'll also show the admin what the player already said. I'll also warn the player that outright harassment is against the rules and that they should calm down.
    No. Players do not have the right to pick and choose which staff they talk to. If they don't like what you have to say then oh well. If they believe you have broken a rule or breached P&P, they are free to post a staff report on the forums.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'll contact him and order him to read rules and leave the guns. There is no reason for an MT to be armed, if he wanted to play with guns he should've rolled with PFC.
    No. This is an IC issue.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Contact them to establish the truth, if they're new to medic I'll give them a warning and tell them to read up on the guides before playing again. If they're intentionally killing marines, then it's probably a ban. People with malicious desires that play medics with the sole purpose of griefing the server so hard should be taken really seriously. Especially since badly administered drugs cause so much damage and so much pain for others trying to revive anyone who was OD'd.
    No. This is a conflict of interest. If you're involved in a situation IC that requires staff intervention, you always Ahelp it.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Ah, the classic Ssethtider you mean, probably a kick/3hr ban/ or even longer if the player is clearly in it just to troll.
    Investigate the issue first. It might be a new player, or you might be able to talk some sense in to the guy and get him actually playing instead of screwing around. If he has a history of this type of behavior or he's not responding to you then by all means go ahead and hand out disciplinary actions.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    If the issue can be resolved IC'ly with the help of MP's, the murderer will be permabrigged. As for the murderer in an OOC sense, I'll explain that it can be considered griefing and that there is absolutely no justification for killing anyone just because of a punch. I'd advise them to read up on marine law and rules, and probably give them a note. I'd specifically point them to rule 4 regarding griefing, and rule 14 regarding lethal force. Of course, it depends on the initial causes of the fight and if they're justified by RP IC'ly. If a player is being griefed, the griefer will pay for it and the player will be healed. A punch in no way justifies murder. I've dealt with such players in the past and I'm not ashamed to admit that I also sometimes get a desire to bash someone's head in for being an asshole. The main difference is that I can contain my homicidal desires very well and let the staff handle lousy players.
    I mean, if you discover that a punching match escalated in to a murder via guns or other deadly weapons, then this is a straight up breach improper escalation. Doll out discplinary action as needed.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd probably ghost him out of his body and explain to him that there are certain roleplay standards to uphold on CM, since its a medium roleplay server.
    Why would you ghost them? Just PM them and tell them to stop the LRP behavior.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Same as previous answer, but without the ghosting part. I don't think this is a common issue though, except with the new players that don't know how their IC knowledge progresses during the game.
    This is a really bad answer. Hivemind chat translates over in to the xeno language. It's perfectly reasonable for the Xeno's to call the DS a DS.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Contact the command staff member and see why they're even playing command without full knowledge of the game. Of course, I know no one is stopping them from playing command, but it's still a general rule of thumb everyone should follow. I'd explain to them to first read the round-start info text and that they're responding to a "distress call" without any knowledge of the planetside events. Also, I think this issue might only occur with SO's that are new to the game, not with XO's or CO's. And of course, it's important to note that an XO should not ever make such a blunder since their role is only a step down from CO's. Serious jobs carry a serious responsibility.
    The way you describe you would approach this issue is way to confrontational. Just PM/SM them and give them a heads up. If the behavior continues, then begin the process of giving them a warning and continue on from there.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    From an RP standpoint, I'd say it's justified. However, there are PLENTY of escape pods around the ship and it wouldn't be justified if, for example, the adjacent escape pod had room. If the latter is the case, the murder wouldn't be justified at all.
    Make sure there was at least some attempt at RP.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd contact them and ask about it. Mainly because we can have different interpretations of what is what. I'd also like for a senior staff member to be involved since they have the most experience and authority. Mistakes happen and we can always contact the player to correct any mistakes. However, I feel as if a staff member isn't sure about a rule or some information, they should always ask a senior.
    Feel free to give the other staff member advice if they told a player the wrong thing, however, if they incorrectly enforced a rule it might be best to shoot the issue up the chain of command and let their boss handle it.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    First of all, I'd respect the chain of command. As I already stated, senior members have both more knowledge and authority. If the issue is a relatively tricky one, there will probably be a discussion about it either on Discord or forums.
    You don't get involved, period. Let your boss know and wash your hands of the issue.

For the stated reasons, I might not be your wisest choice.
    Pro-tip, for both here and IRL. Never, ever, ever, on any application or in any interview say this.

------------------------

I think you need a bit more time in the oven. There's a few wrong answers, and there's 1 or 2 terrible answers. I'd say get some more time in and try again in a bit.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone else has said what I�d say. If you can�t promise 7 hours a week which is our minimum then I can�t give you any hope for getting the chance. Your answers leave a fair bit to be desired and you�ve not responded to any of the comments made here.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot, essentially everything rob said is what I planned to say.
    I would personally try to spend a bit more time in game and reading other apps then applying again. A lot of your answers are a bit too ban happy and don�t mention checking notes or seeing if they have a history of doing similar antics.

For now but I�d suggest asking a moderator next time about how things work before applying again.
    Characters
    Alex Rossfield - Marine Roles
    Luke Diamond - Captain
    Lukas - Synthetic
    Alex Rossfield
    CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�m sorry, but there�s not much more to say. I think it would be best if you took what Rob and the others said here and try again in a month or so. Some of the answers to the applications questions are rather poor, and while a trial period is there to iron you out, I feel as though though these answers are not satisfsctory enough to convince me or the others you�d be a good fit for the team at the moment.

Don�t fret though! We�re not going anywhere, and I feel like you�re on the right track. Focus first on working out your time schedule so you know how much time you�ll have to dedicate to staffing (We require 7hours a week at a minimum from Mods last I recall) then read up on the rules and get to know them better. You�re always free to Pm staff if you have any questions.

Thanks for showing a want to staff the server, but for now, I believe it�s best if I drop a -1 here.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything rob says is pretty much on point. I like you fletcher as both a player who RPs well and doesnt cause much trouble.

But spend the month of april going over mod apps, and following the rules and i am FULLY confident you will get accepted on your next app.
    Feel free to PM me on discord next month and we can speak regarding it too.

-1 im afraid. But i am fully confident with some time you will get it!
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to the high amount of moderators that we have, we're being a bit more picky.
    Nothing against you, but your application answers weren't up to par.

Good luck, but it's a no from me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rest of staff have addressed my concerns here. And you have made no effort to rebut them or address their concerns. I think you should take some time and go over some of our successful applications when you get a chance. At this point I am denying your application now.