Byond ID?
    Lokideslimee

CM Character?
    James Foster

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    ACDT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    At the least about 20, at the most 30. With other activities on varying weeks.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Very rarely.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    //showthrea...=8261#post8261
    Made this while I was bored, not really trying and I admit it was very rather crap (Of course I'm trying in this application).

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Repeated question.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    If it's a job ban on CT then yes, because I was kinda dumb when I first played. Else no.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Not that I am aware of

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Ask him if it was an accident. Also check if this is a rather common thing with this particular person, if so, I'd tell them what they did wrong and ban them.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    As predators go through an application and not just any fool (I know this from experience) can become one, I'd lightly investigate this checking the logs being about it and perhaps asking the predator about it if things look fishy.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    This is usually a thing for mentors to do. I'd see if I can get a mentor to help him, otherwise I'd give him a very small guide on how to get started and send him the wiki link.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    If said player is being quite rude I'd ignore them and tell them that if they think I am handling it wrong, please file a report against me.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Check how long he's been playing and if he's been here long, remind him of Rule #12 and tell him that I am changing his name for the round, as I don't recall being able to change name mid round. If he is new, I would tell them about Rule #12 rather than a reminder and do the same.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Watch the MT lightly if he has no history of grief, if he does I'd watch him a bit more heavily for anything against the rules, otherwise it's an IC issue with MPs having to deal with it.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    As marines have just landed, the survivors can totally be hostile to them, tell the marine of this. Although always keep check the survivor isn't acting like Italy WW2 and doesn't change sides.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would check that he simply did what he claims he did, asking the MP and checking logs about it. If he did what he simply did I'd inform the MP he did the sentence wrong and ask him to change it.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    As I am not sure Moderators can fax marines, I'm saying this sceptically. If I can fax marines, I'd fax someone with some reason for engaging them, such as the CL saying that we are providing extra WY assets to help and the search for the last of them should begin as they are arriving. The WY assets may or may not actually arrive. If this doesn't work or if I feel like spicing it up, I can also order the Xenos to attack through Queen Mother orders.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I am currently IC and cannot deal with it very well. I'd first inform said medic of his problem, I'd then inform other moderators of the problem and let them deal with it. As being in the round I can't effectively deal with this.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    As they are hostile factions, tell them that you are enemies to them and that they can kill each other in most scenarios.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Check the marines history, if he has no history of this give him a very stern warning or ban him (Depending on the severity). Otherwise tell him and ban him.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    A fist fight shouldn't become murder, it either ends in manslaughter, or a background check for both marines. With the punch being an IC issue anyway, and the murder being against the rules, I'd link the murderer to the rules and remind him not to do it.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Tell them through the OOC channel the a leader needs to be elected, a good reason and it needs a reasonable amount of mutineers (I believe 5 is the minimum).

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'd tell the offended player this is an IC issue, and the player should ask them to stop. If they escalate it too much give each player a warning.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Instant ban him for about a week, aheal all those involved and see if I can get a perma ban.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'd ask him why he did it, if it's a stupid reason a small temporary ban or a xeno ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Ask him to stop and inform him to not insult the queen, as that's not how a hive-mind works. If he has a history of this, xeno ban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    While they aren't calling it something primitive like a bird, I don't find anything wrong with this, as plenty of players new to xenos but not to marines would call it this out of habit.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd warn the Command staff, and check if they do this every/most round(s), if so give a more stern warning. Tell people through OOC to ignore what he says and perhaps medical can RP it as a mental issue, although that has non of my intervention.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Do checks such as looking in logs and the such to see if it was a proper RP or just someone who wanted to kill another marine.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Ask him politely to stop ranting and make a staff report. If he continues a good old mute works.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell him about how SSD can happen at horrible times and inform him that there ain't nothing I can do.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Attempt to inform them that they have got it wrong and did it incorrectly. If he continues get someone with higher power in the situation.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    As this is above me, I'd simply ask them to keep it polite, otherwise informing a higher power about it.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I'd like to become a moderator for two reasons: 1. Because you had great advertising, seriously, big message in OOC that's pink catches my attention and 2. Because I'd like to help the community and keep everything fun, rather than people being annoying and outright dicks to other people for no good reason.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I'd say it's keeping unbiased, you don't want to pick a side without seeing the proper evidence.

Anything else you
    I love CM, a bit addicted and loose my time to it (As an example, it's currently 12:30 AM and I just finished a game). I mostly play command nowadays, as SO, getting my command skills better to one day play XO, then CO. I do love to play a bit too much and get very tired from it. Speaking of which, I am going to sleep now. I'll come back here sometimes tomorrow (for me).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever get your jobban removed or appealed, because it's still active on your notes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am favorable towards a plus, your answers are all well with minor inaccuracies. Answered a question in the perfect way that almost no one else does, will remain neutral until your jobban response as that is a big issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I never really wanted to play as CT anyway, so I didn't really bother.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not written, but common practice is anyone with a jobban is usually disqualified from joining the moderator team.
    Not my decision, that's up to Grimcad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh that's alright then, I guess I'll try again after getting the ban appealed.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you have no notes except that single jobban, and it was almost an entire year ago, I personally don't feel it factors heavily into this application. The answers are solid, with my only concern being the medic one. You can't deal with it because it's against protocol, not because you're currently playing. All Staff are forbidden from handling ahelps related to them. I am in full support of this application, despite the jobban.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur with Reaper however I would prefer the successful appeal of your jobban first.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers, nothing I feel can�t be fixed with a trial period. You put effort into this app and it clearly shows. On top of this, while I haven�t interacted with you too often from what I can recall, you seem to be a good person IC and out with nothing major against you...However, your only note is a note regarding a Jobban.

A jobbans a jobban. We�ve had a few staff appeal jobbans after they had become staff, however those instances normally occur because the Head honchos didn�t realize they had a jobban in the first place or what have you. While it�s not the biggest of deals, given the Jban�s from a year ago and you have no notes since, i�d like to see the Jban appealed first before you join staff, mostly due to it being an old practice that probably still carries over, though that�s up to Grim.

That said though, if Grim is A-ok with you having the Jban given how old it is, I think you�d be worth giving a Trial. Just make sure to get the Jban appealed after your trial as soon as possible.

+1

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give my provisional support for this one since you are in the process of trying to get your jobban appealed.
    Grimcad has the final say.