User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to XUR?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to XUR?

I remember Xur faintly, mostly because of drugs in 2016. He was the baddest Delta mother fucker there was, but I ask myself, why would such a respected and legendary player like him leave without a trace?

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. computer broke
    2. all his hype men left
    3. disinterest

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    1. computer broke
    2. all his hype men left.
    3. disinterest
    what do you mean hypemen
    thanks

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    what do you mean hypemen
    thanks
    he had people who really tried to sell this 'legendary robust player' persona of his, and it worked to a certain extent. anyone who spouted this nonsense constantly, 24/7 is now gone -

don't get me wrong, he was a pretty decent player, above average, but there were many many many more better players, its just that he had his own group of hype men to convince everyone he was much better than he really was.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he had people who really tried to sell this 'legendary robust player' persona of his, and it worked to a certain extent. anyone who spouted this nonsense constantly, 24/7 is now gone -

don't get me wrong, he was a pretty decent player, above average, but there were many many many more better players, its just that he had his own group of hype men to convince everyone he was much better than he really was.
    So I was led to believe this cult of personality huh? He just reeked of something different however and I couldn't put my finger on it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to ask, what did most players and you even think of him?

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    I have to ask, what did most players and you even think of him?
    I can't speak for most players.

Personally, I thought he was an alright person when he wasn't trying to rep himself. He was an absolutely awful SL though. Refused to work with anyone, pretty much just went SL to be a PFC++, got jobbanned several times, tried to mutiny over petty shit, consistently got arrested as SL for petty shit.

If he wasn't such a train wreck to watch in game, and interact with, he'd be a much better person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I recall correctly, Xur used to be quite the badass in his day.. But according to what I heard when I used to be a mod for a brief stint, a part of that was due to him apparently having a metagroup and possibly metacomming?

I'm not sure if that was all true and all, but considering his behavior, it COULD have been a possibility. People like Xur were the sort of folk that would go out of their way to win by any means, even if it meant min-maxing and powergaming and even exploiting things.

I never felt he was a bad SL, though, but maybe that was more to me being less experienced when he was around. Xur was the reason I even took up leadership roles to begin with, because I wanted to be just like him, minus the powergaming. You know, be the leader men look up to?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I killed him just like I kill all the most robust players now. He was noticeable but he wasnt legendary.

Edit: To clarify, I think Avalanche is alot better than Xur ever was and Avalanche isnt some unstopable legendary killing machine like people made Xur out to be. ALL SLs are overrated and none of them really do shit, its their squad that works as a team and does crazy stuff.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 03-30-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the real question is what happened to Boris Kamerer the most op marine ever, he was the definition of power gaming