User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to XUR?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimo View Post
    the real question is what happened to Boris Kamerer the most op marine ever, he was the definition of power gaming
    He is around, in Delta but he�s a legal player now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimo View Post
    the real question is what happened to Boris Kamerer the most op marine ever, he was the definition of power gaming
    Wasn't he the guy who got mad every round on d-chat and kept talking about DMCA (now TerraGov)? He's probably playing there now, cuz I'm pretty sure he was banned from here for powergame or something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renomaki View Post
    If I recall correctly, Xur used to be quite the badass in his day.. But according to what I heard when I used to be a mod for a brief stint, a part of that was due to him apparently having a metagroup and possibly metacomming?

I'm not sure if that was all true and all, but considering his behavior, it COULD have been a possibility. People like Xur were the sort of folk that would go out of their way to win by any means, even if it meant min-maxing and powergaming and even exploiting things.

I never felt he was a bad SL, though, but maybe that was more to me being less experienced when he was around. Xur was the reason I even took up leadership roles to begin with, because I wanted to be just like him, minus the powergaming. You know, be the leader men look up to?
    I always had a theory Xur metacommed...I just remember seeing him with such stride and intention when I was nothing but a bald marine in alpha. He's the reason I took leadership too as Rigga. What's min-maxing by the way?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell me more about Boris Kamerer, the name rings a bell of my drug addled brain from 2015 - 2017

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he was the type of guy to get infected on purpose to chase xenos with buckshot during hugger combat days

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He vanished mostly after he was job banned from SL. To be honest, he had a cult of personality who basically powegamed everything the could to win.

Half the older nerfs is due to him and his sycophants.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    ALL SLs are overrated and none of them really do shit, its their squad that works as a team and does crazy stuff.

speaks the truth

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    He vanished mostly after he was job banned from SL. To be honest, he had a cult of personality who basically powegamed everything the could to win.

Half the older nerfs is due to him and his sycophants.
    Why do people try so hard for a 2D spessmen game? I don't get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    What's min-maxing by the way?
    Min-maxing is normally a D&D thing, but considering how this game is a more active version of D&D IN SPACE, I suppose min-maxing is possible in this game.

Min-Maxing, simply put, is going out of your way to make yourself as powerful in a certain field(s), which often results in having a character that is really powerful in one or two fields, but really poor in a most other fields. AKA why they are called min-maxers.

While it is probably harder to properly min-max in 2Dspessman simulator (moreso on current generation CM13), I suppose there are examples of min-maxing you can find if you look hard enough. For instance, double buckshot shotgun armorless marines could be considered a form of min-maxing as they sacrifice a great deal of protection and accuracy in the hopes of dealing a double buckshot to the face and insta-killing whoever they come across.

Not that I ever seen Xur do this, but considering what CM was like when he was around, I can imagine people found ways to min-max their builds to give themselves the greatest killing potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    Tell me more about Boris Kamerer, the name rings a bell of my drug addled brain from 2015 - 2017
    The man found all the Old Ways to powergame as marine. When the powergaming reached Honk Honk Honk levels, admins had to nerf a lot of shit (both marine and default items) to stop Boris. But when they found out that he always found the way to get a new powergamey exploit they decided to ban him