C.R.Y.P.T.E.K - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    DommyGaming

Marine Name
    Paul Starr

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Michael

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes, I have read them about 20 times now.

Synthetic Character Story
    Thank you to all of the people who have answered my questions and helped with my app especially Vampmare, 4000daniel1 (Who helped out a lot, can't thank him enough)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    I intend to play Michael as a optimistic religious synth, reassuring the marines when the situation requires it while making remarks to religion. "Do not worry marine, God is watching over you" etc. He will reference biblical quotes as well to boost the marines morale if the situation requires/allows it.

I would mainly play as MT, Medic/Doctor both ship side and planet side as i can do both but can do other roles requested.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    Medical - I know how to do all of the surgeries by heart and know which chems to apply and what they do and know how to fight ODs with different chems.

Chemistry - This is probably one of my weakest points, however I do know the general chems you need to make such as Dex+, ImiAlky and others... (I have been playing more researcher to practice making chems.)

Engineering - I know how to fix the fusion reactors, set up the dropships, load the OB, set up the FoB and how to repair APCs and other engineering duties.

Research - I enjoy research a lot as it allows many role playing opportunities however I don't see my synth here often unless the captain orders me to help out there with a Xenomorph in containment in which I would say I could handle it role playing wise.

Command - I know how to use the Overwatch console and have played SO a fair bit in the past and played only some recently.

Security - I know marine law and arresting procedures and understand that as a synth i can only conduct a arrest when the CO or the commanding staff, at the time, gives me permission and to process them, however for processing to occur they must state me the perpetrator's exact charges and sentence length. ( A MP should still take priority for processing however. )

Requisition - I know how to give out gear to the marines, work the ASRS system, load and launch the supply drop and other duties.

Why should we whitelist you?
    I believe that the Quirk would be amazing to try out and role play with as it creates many more role playing opportunities and I always wanted to play as synth since I always see some department understaffed and to be able to help them out would be amazing and not just sticking to one department.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    No

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I'm a bit curious, did you cut anything from your story?

Anyway, let's have some fun.

1 - Why do you want to become a synth?

2 - What motivated you to make this app?

3 - When it's okay to engage a threat? Are you allowed to chase it?

4 - You're at the FOB, there's a dead marine, the braindead indicator is currently flashing, a medic that's currently crit with multiple fractures and a LT with a ruptured lung and almost crit. Also, the evac has been called, what would you do?

5 - You're a synthetic survivor that has decided to stay neutral and fix the colony, the map is LV, survivors have managed to get inside the secure dome and fortify it, leaving a broken wall, knowing that, xenos are now trying to manipulate you by saying that the survivors might have damaged something else inside the dome and that you're needed to fix it by opening it up. What would you do?
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    �Apologies Lieutenant but i'm working as fast as I can.� replied Michael in a calm manner. �Questions will only delay me.�

Why did he say questions will only delay him? Can't he work and talk at the same time?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your curiosity, I did cut some parts of the stories. I did this because; to be honest, i'm not that great at writing stories. I also heard that its better to summarize or pull excerpts from the story.
    (The bits that are mainly missing is the synth asking for permission from the CMO and CE for the required items and the dropship landing.)

1 - I generally like the concept of the synthetics both mechanically and from a roleplay point of view. It not only allows more roleplay scenarios, but it also allows each department to get the help they need as synthetics are not restricted in the skill system for the support jobs like the other roles. Another reason is because I believe I would enjoy playing as a synth and they always intrigued me with their little unique quirks.

2 - The thing that motivated me is probably the fact that I wanted to apply many times before but I always held myself back as I was not ready for it. Another reason would be that I can help any department that requires it if I am to be accepted. Bonus : Synths always seemed awesome to me from when I first watched the alien movies which was ages back.. Especially the Bishop and the Knife trick scene from Aliens.

'You Always Know A Working Joe.'

3 - If you are under attack you are allowed to fight back (self preservation) but you must ensure the threat either disengages or is subdued or in the case of saving a USCM personnel but self preservation comes first so no suicidal missions to save a marine. Chasing the threat would break the Overarching rule 6 and it would be classed as being a combat synth therefore I would not do such thing.

4 - For the dead marine, I would assess the damage done(If over 400 or 300, I would not bother as the time given is too short), then using the specific kit, I would tend to their wounds. If it was below 200, I would begin defibing the marine. If it was successful I would provide the pills for the specific damage. If it wasn't so successful, I would continue to defib unless it was over 300 or 400 or if there was no time left.. I would then proceed to the LT. Providing them with Dex+ and give inaprovaline to stabilize them and place them into a stasis bag. If there was no stasis bag around I would provide peridaxon and put them on a roller bed to be taken away.
    Then I would finally proceed to the medic, tending to their wounds with the kits and pills. I would use Bicaridine and Tramadol as fractures are mainly from brute damage. Then I would splint the medics fractured areas before proceeding to evacuate the wounded onto the dropship.

(If there wasn't a lot of time for healing due to evac, the dead marine would have been left for either another medic to treat them. Or just completely left if the damage was beyond fixing by one person. This is because it is better to treat the wounded then waste time on a marine who is near permadeath in a dire situation where time is priceless.)

5 - I would refuse to help the Xenos as that would be assisting the Xenos to harm the humans. Even if they were to threaten me I would still not assist. I would however wait for the Survivors to be either saved or kidnapped by the xenos before attempting any repairs to the secured dome while in the mean time I would continue to repair the colony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    �Apologies Lieutenant but i'm working as fast as I can.� replied Michael in a calm manner. �Questions will only delay me.�

Why did he say questions will only delay him? Can't he work and talk at the same time?

The reason he stated this was because a natural human response would be to face the person you are speaking to therefore it would delay him working on the console if he wanted to mimic a human, which he tries most of the time , while he could be spending more time on the console due to the fact that the lieutenant was already annoyed about the console malfunctioning so finishing the console quicker would boost the lieutenants mood and less talk would cause less annoyance.

He can also work and talk at the same time if needed.

I hope this satisfies you Jakk.

TBH Jakk, out of all the questions I was expecting, never thought about this one.. Good one

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so I helped you a bit with this app and while I know your grammar is not perfect I find it good enough since we have let in people with worse.

Other than that I think the story is alright, does a ok job of showing the quirk, which I think is a rather unique and interesting one aswell. I remember seeing you ingame a few times and your answers to the questions asked look good to me. I think you deserve a shot at this.

+1
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4000daniel1 View Post
    Alright so I helped you a bit with this app and while I know your grammar is not perfect I find it good enough since we have let in people with worse.

Other than that I think the story is alright, does a ok job of showing the quirk, which I think is a rather unique and interesting one aswell. I remember seeing you ingame a few times and your answers to the questions asked look good to me. I think you deserve a shot at this.

+1
    Thanks for everything.

Appreciate it a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, your answers are okay, I've seen you around and your playtime is okay as well. Anyway, I'll give you my +1 already.
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    Okay, your answers are okay, I've seen you around and your playtime is okay as well. Anyway, I'll give you my +1 already.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I delayed my response a bit, to see what others had to say first and the time has come.

I've seen you in game play doctor and MT, so you have that covered.

The story works, its fine. I will repeat that you have to be careful not to make the quirk a gimmick, but I think you got that, so all clear. Your "Why should we whitelist you" was rushed a bit. I liked your answer to Pedroca a lot more.

In the end, I think it comes down to a +1.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem