User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to counter one hand shotgun meme?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    Drones can be stunned by a Buckshot.
    "Drone T2's". Hivelord and Carrier can't be stunned. I'm not sure about Burrower, but I think he can't be too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy enough. Neuro his ass or run around him till he fired and miss then attack while massive recoil screenshake fucks him over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    "Drone T2's". Hivelord and Carrier can't be stunned. I'm not sure about Burrower, but I think he can't be too.
    Burrower can be stunned by Cuckshot, and Hivelord and Carrier fall flat to 1 Cuckshot PB (vanilla) into 1 bayo stab, regardless of the lack of stun.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pounce, slash, step one tile away, slash, walk away.

Pounce, slash, step one tile away, slash, walk away.

You're never a brawler, why try to act like one? Attrition is your best weapon.

If you're a defender, don't try to 1v1.

Drone, don't try it.

Sentinel castes, just neuro spam and wait for RNG to give you one hit.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any caste that isn't runner, lurker, sentinel, or spitter can't realiably 1v1 any marine with buckshot because they're either too slow or lack a reliable stun. The fact of the matter is that buckshot becomes nigh-useless at a four-tile distance or greater, so as long as you can bait a shot as one of the aforementioned castes you can close in and get in a slash or two no problem.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if they have a mag harness just get the fuck out unless they are totally isolated. otherwise knock them down and drag them away until you can find some crevice to corner them in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    Make them empty their shotgun staying out of range of the buckshot. Until you hear that sweet Click them kill �em
    as a combat medic that uses the recoil and gyro every ops, thats the best, you can try to pounce and go away or go by running and praying for him to be unrobust and miss, but thats really risk, i'm very unrobust in combat, but i'm not going to miss you if you try to run by or stay a long time to close, the most times i died was when "the runner gang, got to me and i was extracting a mate so i couldn't run as fast, and hiting 2 of them still gave ebough time to the 3rd to pounce on me and when i got up they were up to. so... basically waste their shots from afar, use ranged xenos, and mostly and the best too walk with a group (if threre are 3 runners its hard as fuck to get out alive, if you are far from any squadmate, plus they aren't much to worry about, other players will do more damage and faster, and AS FAR AS I KNOW "not sure" most people that uses this combo aren't going for kills, even tho there are some that go) but treat them as a weaker shotgun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh and ye.. if you are a drone... don't try... i'm unrobust but i've never got killed or really hurt by a drone, plus most of my kills was of drones that tried to get the soldier i was carring away to revive it (don't get me wrong attacking a combat medic carrying a marine is the best time to hit him, but if he have a shotty with good attachies, and is half ok he can crit a drone with close to no effort ) "and defenders are fucking terrifing if not alone" they are something alone, but i mean... 1v1 not the best odds compared to a ravager 1v1 with the guy, i think you got what i tried to say

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It goes without saying but as noted above, if you are not a direct combat caste, do not waste your life in fighting CQC with a shotgun user. This isn't Corp Merc where you get a free respawn the nanosecond you die.

Just a few days ago a Drone, Hivelord and a Runner tried to perform a flank block on a Marine push, and set up walls to try and block the advance. I was able to run at them, with a two handed shotgun, and kill all three of em single handedly due to the combination of the fact they are not combat castes (and the Runner made a oof) and the close quarters of the fight.

Another point, don't fight a shotgunner in a tight corridor. In a open field you have room to move around, if your running down a one tile corridor you can't dodge the attack.

As a Xenomorph, you (often) should have the luxury of picking where to conduct your fight, make the environment work to you.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just keep in mind the m37 is not automatic even with macros, and a lot of newer marines just load 8 shots. I see no reason why a defender or runner can't take on a shotty user, playing smart and pulling back after good hits. Spit castes fuck up shotty users, dying to one is entirely your mistake if you do. Not talking shit, I've done it before, but it's true and you just need to take it as a lesson when it happens. Positioning is everything as spit castes, and a good intro to it. You can really fuck up marines as a sent, you are just squishy, as it should be
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine