User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to counter one hand shotgun meme?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    Just keep in mind the m37 is not automatic even with macros, and a lot of newer marines just load 8 shots. I see no reason why a defender or runner can't take on a shotty user, playing smart and pulling back after good hits. Spit castes fuck up shotty users, dying to one is entirely your mistake if you do. Not talking shit, I've done it before, but it's true and you just need to take it as a lesson when it happens. Positioning is everything as spit castes, and a good intro to it. You can really fuck up marines as a sent, you are just squishy, as it should be
    only the best runner players can take on shotguns. I consider myself good at runner and I wont fight a shotgunner 1on1. Your pounce stuns for like .5 seconds they will pop up and instakill you if you arent already 2+ tiles away. Its pretty much impossible to do more than 1 slash/tackle before they get up and tackle RNG is fucking garbage on runners so good luck getting the tackle off. You will die as a runner if you arent sailor dave level.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    only the best runner players can take on shotguns. I consider myself good at runner and I wont fight a shotgunner 1on1. Your pounce stuns for like .5 seconds they will pop up and instakill you if you arent already 2+ tiles away. Its pretty much impossible to do more than 1 slash/tackle before they get up and tackle RNG is fucking garbage on runners so good luck getting the tackle off. You will die as a runner if you arent sailor dave level.
    Fair enough, I'm overly aggressive when I play runner but I also die a lot so true
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a runner, it's pretty easy to gauge how bad a shotgunner is, though.

Generally, newbie shotgunners will fire too early or well beyond their effective range. They're safer to engage, but anybody can get a lucky shot, so beware.

Good shotgunners won't blindly fire at you and make measured shots and try to dodge you and move sideways much more. Don't bother 1v1 on them.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingIdiot View Post
    Any caste that isn't runner, lurker, sentinel, or spitter can't realiably 1v1 any marine with buckshot
    Let me fix this list for you: Any caste that isn't a lurker, sentinel, spitter, praetorian, crusher, ravager, warrior, queen can't reliably 1vs1 buckshot. The castes you shouldn't try to 1vs1 a buckshot marine with are runners, drones, burrowers, hivelords, boilers, defenders, and carriers. Of those, the runner, drone, carrier, boiler, and defender can still have a fighting chance - but at a disadvantage.

Here's the real problem I see with people complaining about buckshot:
    You all massively overcommit on an attack, overstay your welcome, and get so focused on a kill that it costs you.

Stop acting like 1 pounce should be 1 kill. If all you do is savagely wound someone, that's more than good enough - you do not need to kill marines to be effective. Stop treating every pounce/attack as a do-or-die and start harassing like a proper xeno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandos33 View Post
    oh and ye.. if you are a drone... don't try... i'm unrobust but i've never got killed or really hurt by a drone
    Good drone players will use tackle and drag. It's not a great matchup to fight a buckshot marine 1vs1 as a drone, but it is absolutely possible, and I've personally seen good drone players kill/capture good shotgun players before. It shouldn't be done, but if you're in the nest and someone gets free with a shotgun in their hands, it's still very much a winnable fight for the drone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've started to assume that every marine I approach as a xeno is capable of buckshotting me. I've been playing a lot of marine rounds with the underbarrel shotgun and I catch so many T1s and T2s by surprise thinking I don't have buckshot capabilities when I do.

After playing a few more lurk and warrior rounds I've come to the conclusion that any caste without nuero just isn't as effective anymore with so much buckshot going around.
    Last edited by kroack; 04-17-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kroack View Post
    I've started to assume that every marine I approach as a xeno is capable of buckshotting me. I've been playing a lot of marine rounds with the underbarrel shotgun and I catch so many T1s and T2s by surprise thinking I don't have buckshot capabilities when I do.

After playing a few more lurk and warrior rounds I've come to the conclusion that any caste without nuero just isn't as effective anymore with so much buckshot going around.
    It's more that neuro (and warrior grab, also to a lesser degree lurker pounce) are faceroll no-effort required tier for killing marines, so of course anything that takes a bit of skill seems difficult and ineffective by comparison.