Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Marines you looked up to as a newbie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spetr View Post
    Looking up to RAT
    I look up to RAT, and then look down to the ground, and then think "Hmm, maybe I shouldn't chase that burrower around the corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kyomi Sin'vah and Alice Reis inspired me to play medic.
    Lisa Taylor and John Murry were both robustos who I looked upon
    Dolthgar Folk teached me a lot of shit about combat and macros.
    Last edited by Bibiex; 07-31-2019 at 01:23 AM.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, when I started playing CM other marines were mostly dismissive or rude and most of the finer gimmicks I had to learn on the fly on my own.

However, when I started playing non-combat roles, things got a lot more interesting and fun. Oleg Akimov is great at playing the part of a marine who has no respect for the law and has convinced me that playing MP can, indeed, be fun.

Requisitions and engineering roles can be very confusing for newbies and Samantha Lang helped me out here a lot when I was in a pinch, even when I was playing some other unrelated roles, a real MVP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie SL Wamakahana Windhealer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played for three years and I haven't looked up to anybody but Kesserline. Bill Carson has however been a great example of what not to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three marines inspired me the most and really perked my interests with CM. I can safely say that if it wasn't for these three then chances are I wouldn't still be playing.

Lydia Tournier - Taught me everything about medical and introduced me to squad RP. Started the Charlie breakfast and loved to create banter with Delta squad. I'd always hop on when I saw them playing and honestly probably made Elena Mei, Elena Mei. Super awesome player and honestly it's a shame that so many players aren't ever going to meet her.

Echo - I can't remember his full name but he played Delta SL a lot. I loved the way he led marines, and the relationships he held with everyone. I always thought it was fun when he was playing SL in my games, even if he wasn't my SL.

Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller - I hated him sooooo much when I first started playing but thats what made games so much fun for me. Commander Heinz when I started out created some of the craziest rounds I have ever played.
    Elena 'Tofu' Mei
    "The best medic USCM has to offer."

Spoiler Spoiler:

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A person that I have and always will look up to is Bill Carson. I mean. That guy is the best. He always uses great strategies. If I ever try to CO whitelist, Bill is the man I would talk to. He is an all around great dude. I respect and admire Bill. Also Patton Moore. I have had some pretty crazy rounds with him. Bill as well. One time Patton used command announcements to fake a UPP invasion to get the marines riled up. It worked... lots of people were BE'd... lots...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imma say it, fucking Eric Bishop, I miss him so damn much dammit and unironically Chance Warden and Jackson Dee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone that is competent.
    Bravo mains and mostly delta mains.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bois Omar Whiteman and Alfonso Garbonso were inspirations even though I predate some of them. It was around the time they rose up I started survivor maining hard and I still try to take notes of Omar's strategies for each map.