User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Marines you looked up to as a newbie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only person I ever kinda looked up to was an old medic main, named Johnathan "Hex". Great RPer and all around good battle buddy.
    So rare to find a person that will watch your back, and rescue you before everyone runs off. Never knew his forum name tho.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided to relook at this thread, thinking of the amazing memories over the many years.

Remembering the early, early days of CM, where you would feel the adrenaline pumping through you and your newly met buddies held off against the odds, knowing that 90% of the men you were with were not going to survive.

The memories of dropping to the colony, having your squad leader walk around the corner and be instantly decapitated by a ravager bursting around the corner, being caught in an ambush while you were laughing and joking mere moments earlier.

Building bonds with your squad, taking that "new marine" under your wing, showing them the ropes, keeping them alive, making them feel part of something and then watching them go from the "green rookie" to leading their own squad in a matter of months.

I miss a lot of the older people I played with, and I think that is something a sentiment a lot of the older players hold, remembering the days were you bonded as one big team, knowing the names of most your squad off by heart, giving each other nicknames, and knowing when you heard them all sound off on the radio, that that round was going to be a good one.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Miranda was a fresh rookie, she wanted to proove herself by killing bugs.
    Rigga was the first one i ever looked up too.
    Pierce jackson and Annie Harrison also.

thre are a lots of names i considere good friends and love, but those are the murheens who inspired me the most at Killing bugs Unga Style!
    -Mira
    Mira.jpg
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 06-25-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    read through this thread again and now im missin da old charlie homies ((

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me it was Bill Torres, Masamune and Cha.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember anyone. unfortunately.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no one to look up to. I was risen in mud. I had to make a name for myself. I mained XO when I didn't even know that overwatch existed. I kept banging my head against a wall until one day it all made since. That's the same way I learned /tg/ atmos.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember their name, but one guy used to go out every round he was on with just machetes. And I had seen him survive to round end. I still wish i could be that robust.