User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dabamman - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would you do if this application got denied?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabamman View Post
    So in an essence, he would be deep, not overly descriptive, that is just how he processes it, not how he would speak it. Like it says in the application the best RP, in my opinion, is RP that creates a connection with you and the other person, anyone can RP as an MP arresting someone or an MT fixing things, but Zachariah would look and express the deeper meaning behind these things rather than chalk it up to its plain self. I see this happening a lot on the server and it is a slippery slope to LRP is how I view it personally.

If I were busy doing something that is an emergency or takes precedence I would not sit their chitchatting like a high school girl talking gossip; since constructing defenses and setting a solid foothold in and around the LZ or designated area is of prime importance. If I was being bothered by a Marine, the mission comes first, plain and simple. I would inform him I'm very busy, but still do my best to type in between the set-up times or make very little small talk until the job is complete, and after the FOB is complete, if I have time, I might strike up a little talk; hopefully the talk will stick with him.

Again, hopefully in no uncertain terms, I want my synth to have a genuine conversation with the other characters on the server, I want to learn about these people and memorize how they act or how to better strike up a conversation with them. I want him to bond with them; most synths are kicked around sometimes and I want to prevent that by connecting with them.

I have been getting new to MP lately as I didn't want to play it previously( AT ALL ), it's just not the type of thing I like, and when I did try it out, I figured out fast it isn't what I want to play or RP as. For the Mutiny Situation, if I am a synthetic I wouldn't care for picking either side instead treating the wounded personnel would be my prime focus, and working through those casualties; I also wouldn't put my self in a spot to be attacked, really trying to save USCM lives, but not at the cost of my own welfare. Around Mutinies, there are typically law breaches on most sides, and as such is would fall to whom has broken the most, but I wouldn't actively create bias around who was being medically treated and I wouldn't work against or for any one side. Basically, I would do my best to stay out of harm's way and treat the wounded personnel. I may perhaps attempt to diffuse the situation, trying to reason with both sides that the mission at hand is declining rather quickly and as such could lead to us all dying if we don't stop the inward fighting, but it would be a shot to the stars.
    Alright, decent answers. I am going to remain true neutral, however, since this app doesnt cause me to have strong feelings either way. It is very mediocre, not to say that it is a bad thing.

If this gets denied, my personal suggestion is to garner more reputation as a person who can get shit done first, and to concentrate on creating a story which is goes over your synths personality and quirks, in a timely manner.

9 pages for a synth app is way too long.
    Try to cut and edit parts which shows your synths attributes, and try to mainstream it more.

All in all, good luck mate.
    Last edited by Dorkkeli; 04-11-2019 at 11:37 PM.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    What would you do if this application got denied?
    I would take all of the feedback that is commented on this Application and apply it to my resubmission; I do not plan to give up on being a synthetic character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Alright, decent answers. I am going to remain true neutral, however, since this app doesnt cause me to have strong feelings either way. It is very mediocre, not to say that it is a bad thing.

If this gets denied, my personal suggestion is to garner more reputation as a person who can get shit done first, and to concentrate on creating a story which is goes over your synths personality and quirks, in a timely manner.

9 pages for a synth app is way too long.
    Try to cut and edit psrts which shows your synths attributes, and try to mainstream it more.

All in all, good luck mate.
    The story is quite long, but the entire theme of the story is the Synthetic, it is literally him, and as such the length grew as I wanted to expand him more. I thank you again for your feedback and respect your decision.
    Last edited by Dabamman; 04-11-2019 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I dragged out this app, dreading to read a 9 page story and it honestly felt like I was back in school analyzing poetry instead of reading a story. Some people like this style of writing and I am by no means one, and I don't think a synthetic app fits this type of writing. More dialogue would have showed what your quirk was, but from what I gather you don't really have one, which is not that much of a problem. Other than that you portrayed a synthetic alright.

I've seen you ingame as a MP and your RP is fine. "For APCs I'm still learning the APCs" This line has me a bit worried.

Could you list up all the things an engineer should be capable of doing ingame? Like fixing power and so on? Do you know them all?

I'll remain neutral based on competence.

EDIT: Changed to a small +1.
    Last edited by Vampmare; 04-15-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    So I dragged out this app, dreading to read a 9 page story and it honestly felt like I was back in school analyzing poetry instead of reading a story. Some people like this style of writing and I am by no means one, and I don't think a synthetic app fits this type of writing. More dialogue would have showed what your quirk was, but from what I gather you don't really have one, which is not that much of a problem. Other than that you portrayed a synthetic alright.

I've seen you ingame as a MP and your RP is fine. "For APCs I'm still learning the APCs" This line has me a bit worried.

Could you list up all the things an engineer should be capable of doing ingame? Like fixing power and so on? Do you know them all?

I'll remain neutral based on competence.
    First, thanks for your feedback. As for the APC line, I have actually now learned how to make and repair one.

An Engineer should be able to create and repair everything onboard the Alamayer; they should also be assisting the POs or RO if necessary with moving heavy ordinance using powerloaders; reloading and repairing the dropship when needed. If you are deployed or a squad engineer you are usually tasked with setting up a mini-fob to secure footholds, in addition to setting up the main FOB if the assigned squad is lacking assistance or brain-power. Tcomms repair is also on the table and is a requisite. Engineers should also be proficient in hacking APCs, doors, and vendors. Rarely have I seen an engineer repair a synthetic, but it ain't out of the ballpark. Also at round start, as an MT, they would need to repair the generators, and usually take out the used power cells and replace them, then setting us SMESs and checking for any broken or powered down APCs; loading of the orbital cannon and its munitions is also a must.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for how long this application is staying up, we're rather split in the council at the moment over this application.

Why'd you choose the name Zachariah?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Sorry for how long this application is staying up, we're rather split in the council at the moment over this application.

Why'd you choose the name Zachariah?
    Take your time, I'm in no rush; the reasoning behind my name has no reason, it's just a name I thought of. I don't know what names are taken and was hoping that a unique one like this wouldn't be; if Zach isn't taken I'd be fine shortening it. If Christopher is free I'd be happy to choose that over any others. The character is how I play not the name I go by.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your answer was perfect, so that's good.

I'm not a fan of the name Zachariah as its a bit of a pain for me to write, but its a minor thing.

After having read all this feedback, how would your quirk work in actual gameplay, if you have one? Try to put it down short and concise.

I'm changing my vote to a small positive.
    Last edited by Vampmare; 04-15-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    Your answer was perfect, so that's good.

I'm not a fan of the name Zachariah as its a bit of a pain for me to write, but its a minor thing.

After having read all this feedback, how would your quirk work in actual gameplay, if you have one? Try to put it down short and concise.

I'm changing my vote to a small positive.
    Thanks for the small change I hope that I can keep it at that! In an actual round, my quirk would only shine when I have time, kind of like when Brad has time to shuffle through the CiC and give out coffee. It would be the small things I said, for example, If I were constructing the FOB I'd make the comment that this great line of walls is there to secure our success and future and that its metal walls serve a deeper meaning of protection. Or something inspirational, like, no matter how meaningless you feel your task is, without amazing Marines like you all we would surely lose this colony. The quirk would really shine in deep conversations with researchers, survivors, and or others who want to talk about deep philosophical meanings.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1.

I'm willing to take a shot on you.
    Synthetic Senator