Your Byond ID?
    kazuko_myu

Your Character Name?
    Harry McLagan

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    SolidFury7

Accused Character Name
    William Jester

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Around 10-11am

What rule(s) were broken:
    MPs not folling ML

Description of the incident:
    So in a round earlier I was playing as the CMO. Everthing started quite OK at first glance. I was preparing medbay, got everything set up for wounded, and organised my staff so everyone had something to do. Due to an April Folks joke made by the admins, my character was turned into a furry, and while I found a good laughter out of that at first, eventually, a particular doctor of mine began to take the piss out of me for it by constantly nudging my patience and softly disrespecting my authority via IC means. I told the doctor multiple times to cut the shit, and warned him that, if he would not heed my warning, I'd have him removed from his post.

What has that to do with the complaint? Well, here's the cue. As injured started to flood into the medbay, I had my hands full on preventing people from dying. Hostiles sneaked onto the ship, and the MPs, under the lead of Solidfury7 (William Jester) in said round, were marching about trying to find the hostile. A few of his MPs were killed in the attempt to terminate the hostile, and were dragged to medbay. As I was busy tending to injured, the CMP suddenly found it within his proclaimed right to order me as the Department Head around in my own medbay, teling me that I should go and find his MP to patch them up. I told him I don't have time, and while I misunderstood his request for me to check the crew monitor, I hesitated and looked at it a little later. So I told him the location of his MP, though as more injured swapped in, I told him in Medical channel that I had no time and had more pressing matters to attend to. He instantly called me out for Neglect of Duty, and flashed me while I was patching up one of his MPs that were brought in, and then arrested me later on for said charge. After I was released, the doctor I mentioned above kept annoying me, pushed me about in medbay until I eventually used a single anesthetic injector on him to have him stop bothering me. While I understand later on being arrested for this which is completly fine as it accounts for assault, I was given ANOTHER charge of Neglect of Duty while I was busy doing surgery and tending to wounded once more.

After my first release from the brig, I told the MPs that they should please take my doctor out of medbay and terminate this ID, as I could no longer stand his insolence. The CMP then replied with "You do not have that authority", even though I have the full right to dismiss personnel at my discretion as per SOP, which the CMP outright seemed to have denied and dismissed as fact. I was then later on executed for apparently two counts of Neglect of Duty, Assault and Contraband, even though I'm pretty sure anesthetics don't count as contraband as they are medical items Doctors can use whenever.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Sadly not, I think someone can pull the logs from that.

How you would punish the accused:
    Have a talk with them about Marine Law, and eventually have the person responsible for Marine Law revise it as it still seems a little unclear to some when WHICH Command Staff holds WHAT authority over civilians, especially department heads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs for this momentarily.
    This might be a long one, so just sit tight.

Edit: This is a big one. Soon.tm
    Last edited by Anoonki; 04-01-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently writing from a mobile so I'll try condense this as best as I can.

You were detained for NoD, as my (surprisingly robust) military police team was silently being murdered by a singular lifeform on the ship, which later went on to kill further marines, destroy power and nearly every light on the ship. The reasoning was, that you failed to respond to an emergency request during a red alert scenario to track a dead MP (who had been silent from comm checks) for sometime. You claimed you were too busy, until this point medical had been very quiet.

The captain oversaw your appeal (so he could be impartial as I ordered your arrest) and he concluded that the sentencing was legal, and it would have taken roughly 10 seconds maximum to find the location. I even guided you to the office over comms as you appeared to be unfamiliar with my request.

The second time you were arrested was because the Captain noticed you were causing issues with my department, screaming down the comms at the Captain asking why he hadn't BE'd the MPs (which were all old returning MP mains who are extremely competent) and other various insults in a back and forth.

During the meeting with the Captain, I mentioned you seemed to have an issue with myself and my department. The captain agreed and said he wanted you removed from your post.

Prior to this, I was investigating your misuse of anesthetics on the other doctor because you were basically admitting it on your own comms while arguing with your other doctor, who you wished to demote.

Due to the investigation and your assault on the doctor and how you wished to demote them, you were no longer seen as an authority in your department (as your demotion was basically just about to be pushed through)

As I was going to suggest a demotion to the captain. He exclaimed he wished to have you placed in Isolation or executed.

What followed was myself guiding the captain through possible charges I could assign due to my own investigation and the Captain selecting a fitting punishment with my guidance (not uncommon. As it can be confusing even for Captains.)

So, your charges in total for the round

2x NoD
    1x Assault
    1x Contraband

Misuse of chemicals could be assigned to multiple other charges, however contraband is the most fitting. It is a controlled chemical which you chose to misuse, this is a debilitating chemical, which is specifically mentioned in the charge.

I was pretty neutral when acting in an official capacity beyond my character being furious that you were too "busy" to check a gps monitor a few feet away from you to save my dying men.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    I'm currently writing from a mobile so I'll try condense this as best as I can.

You were detained for NoD, as my (surprisingly robust) military police team was silently being murdered by a singular lifeform on the ship, which later went on to kill further marines, destroy power and nearly every light on the ship. The reasoning was, that you failed to respond to an emergency request during a red alert scenario to track a dead MP (who had been silent from comm checks) for sometime. You claimed you were too busy, until this point medical had been very quiet.

The captain oversaw your appeal (so he could be impartial as I ordered your arrest) and he concluded that the sentencing was legal, and it would have taken roughly 10 seconds maximum to find the location. I even guided you to the office over comms as you appeared to be unfamiliar with my request.

The second time you were arrested was because the Captain noticed you were causing issues with my department, screaming down the comms at the Captain asking why he hadn't BE'd the MPs (which were all old returning MP mains who are extremely competent) and other various insults in a back and forth.

During the meeting with the Captain, I mentioned you seemed to have an issue with myself and my department. The captain agreed and said he wanted you removed from your post.

Prior to this, I was investigating your misuse of anesthetics on the other doctor because you were basically admitting it on your own comms while arguing with your other doctor, who you wished to demote.

Due to the investigation and your assault on the doctor and how you wished to demote them, you were no longer seen as an authority in your department (as your demotion was basically just about to be pushed through)

As I was going to suggest a demotion to the captain. He exclaimed he wished to have you placed in Isolation or executed.

What followed was myself guiding the captain through possible charges I could assign due to my own investigation and the Captain selecting a fitting punishment with my guidance (not uncommon. As it can be confusing even for Captains.)

So, your charges in total for the round

2x NoD
    1x Assault
    1x Contraband

Misuse of chemicals could be assigned to multiple other charges, however contraband is the most fitting. It is a controlled chemical which you chose to misuse, this is a debilitating chemical, which is specifically mentioned in the charge.

I was pretty neutral when acting in an official capacity beyond my character being furious that you were too "busy" to check a gps monitor a few feet away from you to save my dying men.
    Yeah, as I was speaking to Sir Lordington about this already, I don't have to listen to your request or order to attend an emergency when I'm dealing with my own. As the CMO, I hold the responsibility for my own department, and as you weren't the acting Commander (which in that case was the CO) I don't have to follow by that. And that is exactly why you were detaining me in the first place; because I simply didn't go out of my way to help one of your MPs while medbay was flooded with injured from the planet.

That is no neglect of duty on my part when medbay is understaffed with only 2-3 people with surgery competence in total, one of them being me, the other being a complete newbie who has never done this before. I was flagging you about SOP countless times, and you even tried to undermine my authority by simply saying that I hold no permission to demote medical personnel at my discretion, which, as per SOP, I clearly can, and only the Acting Commander can countermand. And yeah, even if it took 10 seconds, those were 10 seconds I simply couldn't spare as I was busy reviving people in need of defibrilation or tending to other people with severe injuries. You don't have the right to detain a department head only because he didn't follow your request. Code Red or not, doesn't matter. Did I also mention that you flash-stunned me while I was tending to a patient?

The second time, I was screaming down the microphone, just voicing my characters anger, shouldn't be a problem, and definitely not a reason for arrest. I later on had pretty reasonable issues with the MPs, I'd just like to point out how one of your men discharged a shotgun right before me, a Researcher and two other Marines. Luckily he didn't hit anything.

As for the demotion: I was making the request for the Doctor to be removed long before I was taken into custody a second time. I called for you guys in the radio and also mentioned to you on multiple occassions later on. You either didn't hear it, or ignored it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazuku_myo View Post
    Yeah, as I was speaking to Sir Lordington about this already, I don't have to listen to your request or order to attend an emergency when I'm dealing with my own. As the CMO, I hold the responsibility for my own department, and as you weren't the acting Commander (which in that case was the CO) I don't have to follow by that. And that is exactly why you were detaining me in the first place; because I simply didn't go out of my way to help one of your MPs while medbay was flooded with injured from the planet.

That is no neglect of duty on my part when medbay is understaffed with only 2-3 people with surgery competence in total, one of them being me, the other being a complete newbie who has never done this before. I was flagging you about SOP countless times, and you even tried to undermine my authority by simply saying that I hold no permission to demote medical personnel at my discretion, which, as per SOP, I clearly can, and only the Acting Commander can countermand. And yeah, even if it took 10 seconds, those were 10 seconds I simply couldn't spare as I was busy reviving people in need of defibrilation or tending to other people with severe injuries. You don't have the right to detain a department head only because he didn't follow your request. Code Red or not, doesn't matter. Did I also mention that you flash-stunned me while I was tending to a patient?

The second time, I was screaming down the microphone, just voicing my characters anger, shouldn't be a problem, and definitely not a reason for arrest. I later on had pretty reasonable issues with the MPs, I'd just like to point out how one of your men discharged a shotgun right before me, a Researcher and two other Marines. Luckily he didn't hit anything.

As for the demotion: I was making the request for the Doctor to be removed long before I was taken into custody a second time. I called for you guys in the radio and also mentioned to you on multiple occassions later on. You either didn't hear it, or ignored it.
    You may argue that you have the right to refuse the request but your actions were found to be neglect of duty as medical bay had barely anyone in. Three doctors and an auto doc. When I came in after not getting a response, you have two doctors examining a singular patient in an otherwise deserted medical bay. You could argue that your actions were not considered NoD but myself and the Captain agreed it was, and the captain was a third party in this. The arbiter of neutrality.

If you think the reason I arrested you the second time. I advise you reread the posts and/or wait for the logs. You drugged a doctor, your screaming later on only attracted this attention of the Captain. Regarding the MP shooting near you, you do realise he was shooting at the "thing" aka the shapeshifting alien dog which just jumped on me and attacked me.

Tldr

You were detained by me for failing to perform a basic request while medical bay was quiet, this charge was agreed with by captain and the appeal was denied.

The second charge was because you drugged another doctor for annoying you and you tried to demote them because they annoyed you. That's a misuse of power, chems and assault. The captain agreed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may argue that you have the right to refuse the request but your actions were found to be neglect of duty as medical bay had barely anyone in. Three doctors and an auto doc. When I came in after not getting a response, you have two doctors examining a singular patient in an otherwise deserted medical bay. You could argue that your actions were not considered NoD but myself and the Captain agreed it was, and the captain was a third party in this. The arbiter of neutrality.

If you think the reason I arrested you the second time. I advise you reread the posts and/or wait for the logs. You drugged a doctor, your screaming later on only attracted this attention of the Captain. Regarding the MP shooting near you, you do realise he was shooting at the "thing" aka the shapeshifting alien dog which just jumped on me and attacked me.

Tldr

You were detained by me for failing to perform a basic request while medical bay was quiet, this charge was agreed with by captain and the appeal was denied.

The second charge was because you drugged another doctor for annoying you and you tried to demote them because they annoyed you. That's a misuse of power, chems and assault. The captain agreed.
    It's not up to an argument, I can refuse your order as the Captain never directly made use of his authority and commanded me to listen to his CMP. Perhaps when you were around, but before that, we had a good bunch of people that were treated inside medbay. You just probably didn't see them cause you were too busy wandering about and then coming into medical when your MP was delivered. A second after that we had people brought up via Alamo as well. And since when is it legal practice to charge me with something that otherwise can't be pinned on me? My duty wasn't neglected, the Captain would have to order me directly for that, and since that didn't happen, and especially happened around my back without me being notified whatsoever, it can't be against Marine Law.

As I already mentioned in my initial report, I don't mind being arrested for Assault, I already admitted that it's completely fine I was brigged for that. And what do you mean by "drugged another doctor"? I only ever used an anesthetic injector once the entire round on somebody, and that was before I was brigged a second time. And it can't be misuse of power if somebody annoyed me. If you were a Department Head in real life and one of your subordinates would walk up to you and constantly bark degrading comments and picks on you in a mildly offensive way, you'd dismiss them eventually as well, and so I did.

Once again, I don't understand how it's an allowed legal practice to shadily agree to something without informing someone about it. My appeal was never directly heard by the Captain, before I even stood a chance to utter my defense he already swaggered off to somewhere else. And you still don't hold the right to arrest me, especially a Department Head, for not following by your orders. I don't HAVE TO FOLLOW your order unless YOU are the Acting Commander.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazuku_myo View Post
    It's not up to an argument, I can refuse your order as the Captain never directly made use of his authority and commanded me to listen to his CMP. Perhaps when you were around, but before that, we had a good bunch of people that were treated inside medbay. You just probably didn't see them cause you were too busy wandering about and then coming into medical when your MP was delivered. A second after that we had people brought up via Alamo as well. And since when is it legal practice to charge me with something that otherwise can't be pinned on me? My duty wasn't neglected, the Captain would have to order me directly for that, and since that didn't happen, and especially happened around my back without me being notified whatsoever, it can't be against Marine Law.

As I already mentioned in my initial report, I don't mind being arrested for Assault, I already admitted that it's completely fine I was brigged for that. And what do you mean by "drugged another doctor"? I only ever used an anesthetic injector once the entire round on somebody, and that was before I was brigged a second time. And it can't be misuse of power if somebody annoyed me. If you were a Department Head in real life and one of your subordinates would walk up to you and constantly bark degrading comments and picks on you in a mildly offensive way, you'd dismiss them eventually as well, and so I did.

Once again, I don't understand how it's an allowed legal practice to shadily agree to something without informing someone about it. My appeal was never directly heard by the Captain, before I even stood a chance to utter my defense he already swaggered off to somewhere else. And you still don't hold the right to arrest me, especially a Department Head, for not following by your orders. I don't HAVE TO FOLLOW your order unless YOU are the Acting Commander.
    The issue isn't that you are guilty for insubordination. The issue is you were found guilty of neglect of duty. Your actions were found by myself and the Captain to be one is disregard for life. You have a duty of care to a patients, this is no different from a doctor who refused to do surgery, a doctor who refuses to defib people or the likes.

In this case And you basically refused to take 10 seconds max to check a console to locate a dead MP.

If an admin wishes to include defib logs or surgery logs at the time of the request so we can clarify what the CMO was doing at the time, I'd be grateful.

The captain specifically highlighted this refusal to do a basic task, to save an MP, is why the appeal was denied.

I can't understand how you're saying that the fact that you drugged someone against their will and then when they testified against you multiple times publicly you attempted to remove them from by your department for "annoying" you.

That's an abuse of power.

And yes you drugged another doctor with anesthetic, I don't know why you're being so evasive now about it, we established you did.

The captain and I, both senior officers came to an agreement that your actions were unfitting and a danger to the operation ultimately. (hell, you were even harbouring then shape-shifting dog)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue isn't that you are guilty for insubordination. The issue is you were found guilty of neglect of duty. Your actions were found by myself and the Captain to be one is disregard for life. You have a duty of care to a patients, this is no different from a doctor who refused to do surgery, a doctor who refuses to defib people or the likes.

In this case And you basically refused to take 10 seconds max to check a console to locate a dead MP.

If an admin wishes to include defib logs or surgery logs at the time of the request so we can clarify what the CMO was doing at the time, I'd be grateful.

The captain specifically highlighted this refusal to do a basic task, to save an MP, is why the appeal was denied.

I can't understand how you're saying that the fact that you drugged someone against their will and then when they testified against you multiple times publicly you attempted to remove them from by your department for "annoying" you.

That's an abuse of power.

And yes you drugged another doctor with anesthetic, I don't know why you're being so evasive now about it, we established you did.

The captain and I, both senior officers came to an agreement that your actions were unfitting and a danger to the operation ultimately. (hell, you were even harbouring then shape-shifting dog)
    I guess you misunderstood something there. It wasn't only that I had no time for a 10 second checkup, I was simply not paying attention a great bunch to the chat as it happened, and the way you worded your sentence made me believe that you were going to check the crew monitor yourself. Only after I figured out what you wanted from me I went on and took a look at the monitor. I even told you where he was, but then I went back to tend the MP laying on the floor.

And even if the Captain highlighted it as you said, he should at least feel in the need to have a talk with me before sending his CMP for an arrest call. As far as I'm aware, an SO mentioned I'd have to listen to anyone who gives me orders during Code Red, which isn't right. And while my duty is to care for injured and save lives, I was downright not going to venture myself into an unknown, dangerous situation when it's the MPs job to clear the threat and then potentionally bring the injured/dead over to the bay. It was Code Red after all.

And again, it's not about me drugging them or the testimony. The admins can gladly pull you the logs of my Doctor annoying me on various occassions even before I injected him, and afterwards. That is enough grounds for me to remove him if I see fit.

And no, I haven't. I don't recall injecting two people with anesthetics. The only thing I did before the anesthetic incident was telling my Chemist to fix a few pills with Tramadol and Space Drugs which, ICly, were to act as anti depressants for the fact that people were turned into furries to cope with their anxiety (since some RP'd that) and I distributed a few pills to like 2-3 Doctors. They were never forced, they had a choice, some took them, the people you talk about didn't.

And no, I wasn't harboring an anomaly. I honestly don't understand where you pull those claims from. The dog walked into the medbay on multiple occassions and all I did was speak to him. When he walked off, I just went to do different things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs finally.

Dillon bugs McLagan about being a catbeast.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Dillon continues bothering McLagan.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

More of the above
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm ommiting any further exchanges like these. But they happen before, during, and after McLagan's stay in the brig later.

Alien is confirmed on the ship.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

They proceed to Arm up in Medical, and Harry welds vent scrubbers.

First MP to die encounters the alien.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Promptly dies to the alien

CMP orders medical to find Ferrin
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP addresses Harry specifically.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP first detains Harry.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Aftermath of the above encounter, CMP reports the situation to his MP, CMO informs the MPs that another MP has fallen, then addresses the CMP.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Shortly after the previous exchange. Donald Weinstein is the CO.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP orders the arrest of the CMO for NoD
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP informs the CMO of the above, turns into an argument trying to win over the Commander, ends in the CMO's surrender(Though he gets stunbatonned anyhow.)and arrest.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Now in the brig. Cryo contact reported, CMP responds.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Continuing in the brig, CMP has now resumed the hunt for the xeno. Commander's returned to the CIC.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

After the above exchange. McLagan still in the brig, arguing his sentence with the CMP.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ferrin's revived. More bickering.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Omitting further bickering, but everyone probably gets it. Dillon bothers Harry about being a "furry" during his stay in the brig. Harry is eventually released from the brig. Dillon continues to pester Harry A LOT.
    I actually couldn't find the logs for the fight between Harry and the Doctor, though everybody seemed to agree that it happened.

Harry orders Dillon to hand over his ID for termination. Dillon ignores this and carries on.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Harry confronts Dillon again. Nothing seems to come of this either. Harry calls the CMP, CMP brushes this off.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Then nothing happens for a while. Harry restarts his game a few times in between. Upon reconnecting and being dragged around, Harry demands Dillon's ID again. Jules is a generally uninvolved doctor.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The round goes on, an MP shoots Mister Wiggles(?), CMO gets mad about this, CMP and CMO argued about it. Not super relevant.

CMP is summoned by the Commander.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP arrives in CIC, having fought the Mister Wiggles(?) between being summoned and arriving at the CIC.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP passes this on to the MP department.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP investigates personally, finds Knapp.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Following that, Harry's arrest.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP and Commander discuss Harry's execution.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP, Commander, and CMO are now all in the brig (Somewhere in the middle of the last conversation.)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CO leaves.

Now it's just the CMP and Harry left at the cells.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Execution Prep
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Pre-Execution
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The ACTUAL Execution
    Spoiler Spoiler:

As a few final notes. Mister Wiggles was probably a variable edited April fools' mob.
    And there might be a couple things I missed, people that could've been involved that I missed, but this is something I've been putting together for just about the whole day.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that pretty much sums up everything along with what I said. I'll have an admin handle the rest.

Mind you my intention for this report is not to get any punishment out of SolidFury for this, this is merely for the fact that some clarification is shed on the issue and that perhaps some more clearer light is brought onto Marine Law because apparently there is still quite some conflicting specifics.