User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marine Squad Update: What each squad is known as, as of April 2nd

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a previous charlie main it hurts to say that the grapes have certainly lost their charm, atleast in my opinion. What used to be the "snowflakey" RP squad that focused on teamwork, socializing, SL's that actually led the squad and making some friends along the way has now become in my opinion the most generic and generalist squad. Mainly this is due to alot of the mains either retiring or moving to delta/command roles, charlie needs some dedicated SL's and players to whip some culture back into it.

Bravo squad is still the Fobbits and are the /comfiest/ squad imo, Bravo is my favorite to SL or play in if I want a nice, less action intensive round where I can actually take the time to talk to people and shoot the shit while we set up barricades and prepare for that inevitable tide of wounded from delta's failed ungarush.

Alpha is what its always been, so basically charlie. Alpha can be fun to play in if you like taking new players under your wing, showing them the ropes and impressing them with your robust unga abilities (dying in a hectic way).

Delta squad are still the savage blue madman, and have the most noticeable skill disparity between their mains and their boots. Leading delta is less like leading a squad and more like directing a wave, a mistake that I see from many aspiring SSGT's who try to lead delta like they would lead any other squad. Earning the respect (being a metafriend) with a few delta mains also helps in this regard.

It's pretty cool that squads have these player driven themes assigned to them, and I think CO's should stick to giving each squad their usual role. Those being Bravo on fob, charlie/delta on scout and alpha on backup/power. Many players choose their squad based on these expected mission experiences, and it results in a better experience for both the ungas and the command ungas who don't have to constantly yell at deltas for not building camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie feels the same as when I started the game, it's a nostalgic feel, where you can see the newer players that adapted well into the game and decided to roleplay have moved into, hope they stay. Though, it has been a bit quiet in comms lately. A lot of the players that mained Charlie just migrated to other squads as always, or outright left. But that's fine, I would never abandon my purple boys. Or...Girls too, god forgive I forget Wanda. Though, some of the snowflakeyness is a bit unsettling, like Charlotte being 17, it just irks me, yknow?

Alpha is still alpha, clumsy rough players, but they follow charge orders which is something I rarely see in other squads now. I notice these guys do anything you say, if there is any proper soldier for a good SL, it's an Alpha. Also, they've got the best medics, probably from the hardship of the squad.

Delta is still Delta, though with the new influx of players coming to Charlie, Delta is getting shade thrown at them, which is absolutely adorable, though at this point, I see a lot more Charlies outnumbering Delta, which at that point becomes a bullying situation. But as always Delta usually gets most of the Marines in their squad, as well as head favoritism(most of them play Delta to begin with), so it's more or less fair. Another thing I notice is that they won't even acknowledge you if you're not part of their clique, I never play in this squad, but when I ghost to look around, only the medics drag bodies for defibs, every other marine just doesn't give a rat's ass about other squads, hell, if there's a no name delta dead, they'll just ignore the body. There's something unsettling about seeing Delta players just walk over a line of dead marines to save their OOC friend. Just another reason I don't trust these guys.

I don't even look at Bravo, just FOBBITS that sit around and die post crashed ship.

Edit: forgot to add something I noticed from the previous post
    Last edited by Challade; 04-04-2019 at 04:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bravo gang 2.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding Charlie, I used to main Charlie back when. So many of the old school soldiers have left to other squads as many have said already, and I don�t feel like the RP was up to where it was. On the contrary to delta, which has the RP and the badassery. A no name delta and I can have a straight up conversation and I�ll have their back. I�ve been burned plenty by the other squads, but delta? Rarely fails me. Dunno why. It�s weird. Delta just feels home to me now, and I keep meeting new marines and backing them up/leading by example. However I do find it weird that marines won�t grab bodies (something I�ve sinned on too) and it�s a ruiner for the other marines. Maybe I�ll make a post about it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnolus View Post
    Regarding Charlie, I used to main Charlie back when. So many of the old school soldiers have left to other squads as many have said already, and I don�t feel like the RP was up to where it was. On the contrary to delta, which has the RP and the badassery. A no name delta and I can have a straight up conversation and I�ll have their back. I�ve been burned plenty by the other squads, but delta? Rarely fails me. Dunno why. It�s weird. Delta just feels home to me now, and I keep meeting new marines and backing them up/leading by example. However I do find it weird that marines won�t grab bodies (something I�ve sinned on too) and it�s a ruiner for the other marines. Maybe I�ll make a post about it.
    Delta force, ooorah
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tastes tend to change.

I played charlie 24/7 mostly because they were still a frontline squad without the madness delta contains. However charlie shifted to another type of squad, they lost their vanguard strain and also the regulars shifted for any reason.

Nowadays I found that most of the marines I know and trust to Vanguard the shit out of the round properly are in delta so I moved.

Once a sane man, the blue madness embraced me.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah yall wrong about Delta stepping over bodies. Ismael drug my dead body from the bar on solaris all the way back to lz1 looking for a medic and didnt quit dragging me around looking for a medic when the skull was flashing. He literally found a medic and got me revived with like 5 seconds left before I was permadead. Delta will charge to their death to fight when the queen screeches and half the marines are getting assblasted by 15 aliens. Its alpha that are fucking cowards and bravo that cant fight at all. Charlie are just a bunch of red shirts.

Edit: And im not a metabuddy with anyone, most of the marines hate me, and the Delta clique really doesnt like me.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 04-05-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to be part of charlie with my old char, but now I'm a Deltard.

Before I stopped playing I casually used my old char has charlie, stills pretty fun but delta have something that keeps me in.

Now I'm only Active On the Forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know some COs are actual geniuses and put Delta on FOB to incite anger and then expect them to abandon it to metarush?

Carson has admitted he did that before, it's an actual megamind move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asian_047 View Post
    You know some COs are actual geniuses and put Delta on FOB to incite anger and then expect them to abandon it to metarush?

Carson has admitted he did that before, it's an actual megamind move.
    That however is a CARSON move. People do what he says because otherwise at the end of the day they will be getting hung by Nina (AKA: SS CMP)