User Tag List

View Poll Results: Character description?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely necessary

21 35.00%
  • Don't need it

19 31.67%
  • Fuck you soy boy you've probably eaten more Charlie breakfasts than killed xenos

20 33.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on character descriptions

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6'1'' athletic build

You can confidently say that he has more adrenaline than blood in his bloodstream, you've also started to notice an aura of acridish and sourish odour all around him, could be gunpowder - but who the fuck knows, he doesn't seem to shower very often.
    There's a ''Welcome to the suck'' patch on his left shoulder and some kind of a note glued onto his ceramic coated M3 pattern chest plate that clearly says; ''Allergic to stasis bags, fuck right off''

Usually seen wearing his standard issue kevlar reinforced USCM Carmine Red headband, Matte Black Oakley M Frame 3.0 glasses with grey Prizm lenses and a dark red shemagh that seems to be soaked with dried blood and sweat.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://i.imgur.com/48zlK2Z.png
    if you arene't this guy you need to die

okay more serious reply: this ins't some shitty gmod server where everyone has the same sprite, you don't have to put a very descriptive description for your character, and certainly don't put shit like "he makes you feel sorry for him" and your character's history, since just by looking at a character you cannot tell their whole history, marines are not psychics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 04-07-2019 at 01:57 PM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Magnus Blade is a man who stands at 6'2. He has a very thin figure that would instantly tip you off about the hardships in his past, and how his mother would not be able to feed him which is littered with many different burn and cut scars, big and small. His skin is a cream-chocolate skin that shows of his scars in a darker hue with an intelligent and highly troubled appearance along with a pair of cybernetically augmented eyes that glow blue. He has a side shave that is a brilliant pink to show he is in touch with his feminine side and still manly. He was abandoned as a child and taken away by pirates from the age of six to work on a pirate ship where he learned his combat skills until USCM begged him to work with them to hunt down a largey on-the-run CLF agent he may know...

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can all pretend that those excessive descriptions about history of this character are simply a tattoo on their forehead. Problem solved.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You can all pretend that those excessive descriptions about history of this character are simply a tattoo on their forehead. Problem solved.
    Hehe, this made me chuckle picturing it thanks
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lipstick kiss on the side of my hat I got from a Valentine's day event that Bancrose did before he was staff back in 2018.

Basic height, age range, a tattoo and a detail about one eye bring lighter then the other.

Writing on the pauldren saying shit about space nam. "Not everyone who lost their lives in Space Nam died there. Not everyone who came home from Space nam ever left there.

Maybe a bit wordy and self jerking of to some of you whom just want to rooty tooty shooty benos and shit, but there's nothing but details you would be able to see visually. For real. What's the problem with adding details to the game via text when we can't add anything else people will actually read. Some people just like to shit on others because you feel like "snowflakes" are gonna damage the game through having a picture of their character in their bio? That's not ruining anything, that only adds to the game.

Yo but totally fuck the guy who adds his backstory through just telling it to you in his flavor. Mine is in the detail about the eye, tattoo, and the writing on the armor. It's a creative way to do things. Show don't tell ya know? That shit they teach you in 4th grade?
    Last edited by WinterClould; 04-11-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy writing flavor texts for my characters, 2-3 sentences. But that's mostly because I come from primarily roleplay servers like Bay and Aurora. It shouldn't be required, but it's nice to see them.

I think the best flavor texts are the ones that ate purely physical, maybe getting away with telling an accent, and don't try to force you to feel something about a character, i.e. "The sight of them makes you feel scared" or "They are inyimidating", and instead lets you draw your own conclusions about the character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know something? The vote results tells about our society

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    You know something? The vote results tells about our society
    Honestly, it's incredibly satisfying to see how even it's been. Nice to see that balance of players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just include an image link to your fursona character and mention the breast size and call it a day.