Johan Blaine
    Their BYOND Key
    GrimReaperx15
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    4/6/2019 2:50 am central
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of the rules
    Description of the incident
    Queen orders everyone to be a crusher or she will devolve to give crushers the priority evolution. I got a note for the exact same thing except I never devolved anyone and this queen did. I report it. Grimreaper says I lied about what the queen was doing and says nothing is going to happen but I still deserved it cause its different somehow. Its not. I make a hyperbolic comment about if this isnt ruled illegal then I will just go queen and devolve every t2 I dont want for the castes I want. Grimreaper gives me a note for this because apparently saying you will do something is as bad as doing it. Im angry at this point and tell grimreaper hes a terrible moderator and say fuck you to him. They ban me for 3 days for the way I PM. Thats fine I was hostile in the PMs theres no denying that. I am not ok with this uneven ruling and grimreaper targeting me. You can go look at the last report he didnt do his investigation properly and most of the note got removed. I am tired of grimreaper doing a shitty job. I am tired of having to make reports. I am tired of getting in trouble for getting angry because mods fuck with me. You are expected to be a model citizen when they are being unfair with you and if you dont you get bwoinked for it.
    Evidence
    Moderator PM from Grimreaperx15: I have added a note in regards to this comment specifically: [02:29:37]ADMIN: PM: MasterShakeEZ/(Young Crusher (296))->Grimreaperx15/(Ysabel Buttersworth): There is no difference between telling everyone to go a drone caste and devolving tons of people to make room for only 1 of a caste. I will literally be a queen and devolve every single person that isnt the t2 I want and when you tell me I cant I will throw this in your face.

Reason: PM: MasterShakeEZ/(Mature Crusher (296))->Grimreaperx15/(Ysabel Buttersworth): Well I dont like that you are a terrible moderator. Imagine giving someone a note for reporting someone else who is breaking the same rule you got a note for. Fuck you. | Make a staff report or bring it to their manager if you don't agree with a staff members judgements, if you just insult them you will be removed from the server as we're not here to directly take insults because you don't like a judgement..

there are more logs but these are the only ones I saved.
    How you would punish the accused
    Ill leave it up to you, I dont expect anyone to side with me anyways.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have very little to add to this report, the Queen's behavior in the round was investigated and found to be acceptable by the admin currently online. There is a significant difference between demanding everyone go one caste, and giving priority to a certain caste on how they can evolve. You were given a note to watch for the behavior as you claimed you would intentionally use the ruling in bad faith, effectively just to grief.

It is standard practice to gives notes for this type of behavior. If you threaten to grief the server, you're going to get a note for it.

I would like to point out that I did not apply the ban for your hostility in PMs, and that you banned by the admin who spoke to you about your behavior in PMs, not me.

Furthermore, I would like to remind you that I'm just doing my job like any other Staff member. I am not targeting you, or singling you out. The same rules apply to everyone, and are enforced on everyone.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no difference between what I did and what the queen this round did. I told everyone to be a drone caste. Obviously everyone who picked runner/defender/sentinel could not be devolved they could only be punished by not being allowed to evolve. I didnt punish anyone that way. I didnt devolve anyone. Everyone was able to be what they wanted. This queen however was actively devolving people to make room for warriors/crushers. She actively kept people from being what they wanted. Yet im the one thats in the wrong and shes not. That makes no sense.

Im sorry that you cant understand that my comment was showing the extreme to what can happen when you rule that this queen is able to devolve whoever she wants to have only 1 caste. I was trying to give you an example of why its no different than what I did. I know how yall work and any note on your record will be used against you for anything. Doesnt matter what it is or what it says or how it relates to anything. Once its on your record its just another mark that makes it to where no one will listen to what you say in the future. So ya getting that note is fucking stupid and made me angry.

Im not debating the ban. I was banned for "insulting staff" and I did insult you by saying you are a terrible moderator. I am mad because you are uneven in your ruling and give me a note for something stupid. I didnt get hostile until you gave me that note for no reason. I dont care if you are doing your job you are doing ti poorly and I keep ending up having to file reports against you otherwise I have notes that I didnt do anything to get on my record. Call it what you want but when its the same guy fucking me over every time it feels like targeting to me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Chat before ahelp
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp sent

Spoiler Spoiler:

Moderator - Senior Admin chat
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Investigation
    Spoiler Spoiler:

After investigation
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to touch on the ruling first and clarify a little bit about said ruling here as well.

Is it ok for a queen to nominate Specific xenos to go certain castes? It is. If you have a hive of say 35 xenos and only one is a drone, feel free to have your next few larva become drones.
    Is it ok for a queen to prevent certain xenos from evolving to certain castes? It is. In the same situation where you have 35 runners, its acceptable to say "Ok no more runners for a while."
    Then the question comes up can you make of hive of entirely one caste. No. And the answerer is no for a few reasons.
    1) Its not feasible. While I have no doubt that a hive of all drones would be interesting as all get out to watch for a while, I doubt very much that it would do well.
    2) Its silly. Just like we have revised our rules and now step in when a Captain attempts to do something silly and ban all of a type of weapon for marines, we step in and prevent the queen from doing the same thing for xenos.
    3) It can be a form of griefing using the queens authority. Now let me say first all do I think you were doing it grief in this instance? No I do not. But it has been done before where a queen who just "Quit" forces everyone to become drones to screw over the hive and force the side to loose.
    4) It takes away some big aspects of player agency. It can be easy to forget that the people playing xeno are in fact people. They all have their things they wish to do in a round and ways that they like to play. If you force all players to become a drone it makes those players who dislike how the drone plays have an unenjoyable round. Sometimes this one takes a hit. Sometimes you HAVE to have that person who really doesn't want to be a drone become a drone. But its a big difference between forcing the entire side do something that may be unenjoyable and one or two people having to do it.

Grimcad ruled it that you can be selective on what castes you want to fill voids and stuff. Having 8 crushers at the detriment to everything else is not in that spirit that he entails in this ruling.

also go look at the logs for sentinel/spitter 337 at the start of the round to see how much they liked an all crusher hive.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I'm going to touch on the ruling first and clarify a little bit about said ruling here as well.

I will go ahead and just dig a little more but here is the queen chat logs from the round in question along with de-evolves

Spoiler Spoiler:

The queen only de-evolved 2 players, one of which was a no key SSD.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesnt matter how many she devolved when she was going to devolve every time someone wanted to go crusher. Just because there wasnt opportunity to do it doesnt mean it wasnt going to happen. She demonstrated that she was willing to do it every time the opportunity did occur.

edit: [02:07:07]HIVEMIND: /(Queen) : All crushers. Some of you will inevitably not go crusher.
    [02:07:11]HIVEMIND: /(Queen) : So all of you go crusher.
    [02:07:40]HIVEMIND: /(Queen) : I'm not going to punish anyone for not going crusher.
    [02:07:44]HIVEMIND: /(Queen) : I'm just saying go crusher.

looks like an order to me

[02:17:11]ADMIN: /(Queen) has deevolved *no key*/(Young Spitter (337)). Reason: Defender evolution.

looks like a punishment for not going defender to me. What else could be a punishment?
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 04-06-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not ok with this uneven ruling and grimreaper targeting me. You can go look at the last report he didnt do his investigation properly and most of the note got removed. I am tired of grimreaper doing a shitty job. I am tired of having to make reports. I am tired of getting in trouble for getting angry because mods fuck with me.
    Your allegations Grimreaper is not doing his job.

I am unable to share it, but Grimreaper in the middle of the night when most of our American managers/head staff are sleeping sent a message asking for clarification on this issue for you.

He investigated it as showed in the logs, talked to a Senior Admin, and sent in a clarification request as well.

There's a major difference between ordering an entire hive to be a non-combat caste, then trying to regulate a hive into T3 combat caste of X.

You're sitting here slandering a guy who volunteers his time, who I think went beyond to find a right answer by referring to him as a "shitty mod"

Grimcad will make a final decision, but if you think there is something missing from all the logs I posted, feel free to tell me and ill update this report.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont care if you volunteer or not, if you arent applying the rules fairly then you shouldnt be doing it. He did not properly investigate my last note thats why most of it got removed. Theres no debating that whatsoever so I dont care what he did this time. Whoever he talked to got the ruling wrong too, grimreaper didnt even need a senior staff becaus ehes the one that put the note on my account last time so he already knows the ruling. Like I said I dont expect anyone to side with me because yall all run together and get each others backs even when you are wrong and its been proven many times over the last year with all the scandals that have happened. Even if Grimcad comes in here and says that that queen was against the rules im still taking a ban and note for insulting staff for something that should have never happened if grimreaper actually applied the rules fairly so either way I get fucked. So I really dont give a shit. I aint gonna back down when I know im getting fucked over by a bias staff member.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. So The Queen really didn't do anything wrong here. The difference between restricting T3 caste and forcing everyone into a non-combat T1 caste should be something I shouldn't even have to point out. Some players not like the idea of only have crushers for one round, but when you can pick any other T2 caste you want, it's pretty much a normal round. Every Xeno player knows there's no guarantee you're going to get T3 at any point and T2 is about the best you'll be able to secure for sure. While all one tier 3 is a meme to a degree, it's not telling everyone to go drone which is obviously stupid and going to fail.

So as for you getting noted/banned for, "ahelping someone breaking the rules." No, people ahelp rule breaks all the time and don't get banned, like probably 99.9% the time. You got banned cause you told a staff member to fuck themselves and threatened to grief just to spite them. We take this same stance if someone threatens to shoot up Marines so Xeno aren't exempt to treatening to grief the round with.

Moving on to the secret staff bais against you. Ya, no one here cares enough about you make it our goal to seek you out and ban you. Have you ever cosidered that maybe you're acting like a shitty person and as such, people don't give you any benfit-of-the-doub so you're treated like such? None of your other notes are even from Grimreaper outside the other one you had from him was updated via Grimcad.

Now will all of that said, your attitude is terrible. There is no bias, you're acting like a piece of shit to our staff and because of that you're not going to be given any slack on our end. Because all of your problems seem to be coming from Xeno, all of your notes are also Xeno related, you're just going to be banned from playing Xeno. Before you say, "I was banned for reporting staff," again, no, you're getting banned cause you're giving our staff no respect so you're not getting any extra chances after getting 8 Xeno related notes while still being toxic as hell. If you can turn your attitude around, you'll be free to make an appeal to get that ban lifted. The only thing causing problems here is you so if you fix your attitude I have no problem letting you play Xeno. You can quote me on that in your ban appeal to get it lifted, provided you actually can show us you've gotten better.

If you want to consult me about this, you're free to message me. Resolved.