User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am DONE with novice doctors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am DONE with novice doctors.

So there was that idiot ROUND where i finally rolled my first time as SG.
    My right arm got cut out, and to use the smartgun properly you gotta hold it with BOTH hands.
    What did i do?
    I evacced back to medbay.
    I remember clearly when i got there, it was around 12:32 station time.
    I got out of medbay around 13:02.
    Yes.
    Novice doctors made me lose the entire game because of a single arm. All i did during the idiotic 30 minutes was looking at my helpless character unconscious with idiot doctors who didn't even know how to change their (B)UCKING INTENT.
    Another round, i enter CMO. "I have to guide 'em" i thought out to myself. I go to the CiC, sneaked up on a SO locker and got that badass radio headset to talk with everyone, so to get xenoinfo that could pass down to medics and doctors, and also know how things were going to send a doctor down.
    By the time i got back to the medbay, someone died in a OR. He could be defibbed. I look around, no doctor inside. A doctor enters the OR and says in medical channel "Dead person in OR" and simply leaves.
    Minutes later a doctor comes in (holding a pillbottle) and notices the patient is dead, goes back to get a DEFIB.
    I sigh in pure anger. I defib it myself, because actually i read that one forum. THAT ONE EXTREMELY USEFUL FORUM THREAD THAT SAVED MANY LIVES. THAT NOVICES DIDN'T GAVE ANY OF THEIR ATTENTION TO, BECAUSE THE DOCTORS THAT DAY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO READ THE WIKI.

https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=10868 (That is the (B)UCKING link, give THAT LINK to ALL DOCTORS YOU SEE AROUND, BECAUSE I HAVEN'T EVER SEEN ANYMORE ANY VETERAN DOCTORS.)

Lately ALL the rounds got an MEHdbay, MEH medbay, idiotic medbay, because i've seen:
    1. MPs proposing to run the medbay themselves
    2. Marines having 7 - 8 fractures but refusing to go to medbay because they'd get all the round there
    3. Doctors randomly opening incisions, causing infections, and not even using the body scanner
    4. NOVICES THAT PLAYED DOCTOR ONE TIME AND NOW PLAYING CMO, AND CANNOT EVEN PROPERLY TYPE IN ENGLISH.
    Please pay attention to number 4. I'm a brazillian, i commit errors. Yes, i commit errors. I do commit errors. In english. But they.. Oh GOD.
    My 3 year old sister can pronounce numbers better than that.. CMO.
    Going back to that round, i saw that doctor randomly opening incisions, and the patient ONLY had NECROSIS at the CHEST. I took over the OR and did the surgery myself and the doctor INFECTED ALL THE PATIENT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T READ THAT SPACE CLEANER PART, RIGHT?
    All that had to be done was to:
    1. IMS at chest
    2. Scalpel
    3. Trauma kit
    4. Profit

He did me get in a infinite loop of:
    1. IMS at chest
    2. Apply spaceacilin because he took so much of the player's time he had infection all around and the necrosis was SEVERE
    3. Repeatedly scalpel + trauma kit at least 20 times, and applying spaceacilin because it'd cycle out of the body.
    I took over 11 minutes in that surgery, yes, that poor player had to endure 21 minutes in an OR because of baldness.
    As i got out TIRED, because the game was getting too realistic, surgeries getting at least 10 minutes because baldness would make everything worse.
    As soon as i got out of the OR, i saw a marine punching a doctor, one guy stating in LOOC that he only had a fracture and got out with his face fucked SOMEHOW. Medbay CRAWLING with DEAD CORPSES that made the CO say "DOCTORS WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?". All that made me stress out.
    I got in another surgery, 5 fracture patient. (Remember number 2). As i am in the OR, a marine appears in the OR and says "Help doc tried to fix me but screwed everything" and just FELL UNCONSCIOUS TO THE FLOOR. I ended my surgery and i stated out loudly in Command channel that i was literally giving up, the incompetence was WAY too much. I got in cryo and ghost, and i just observed the medbay. IN a few minutes medbay was CRAWLING with wounded, i counted over 17 wounded and 3 dead bodies, and a doctor who opened someone's skull and was just closing the incision and opening the incision repeatedly. ONLY ONE doctor was doing actual good job WHO is also a novice.

Susie was the novice who alone took care of 17 wounded. Yeah, she did it all alone. That was fucking awesome, she's a novice that actually read guides.

My point is that the novices aren't giving a shit about how to play the game.
    "Oh reyblood but you were a novice once!"
    My novice experience:
    "I sually play cleric in RPGs or something, so i'm going to play as doctor, gonna read the wiki firstu"
    *opens wiki*
    "yknowhat i givup"
    *weeks later*
    "I usually play cleric in RPGs or something, so i'm going to play as doctor, gonna read the wiki first"
    *Opens guide to surg, reads tools of the trade*
    "Looks good" *chooses doc*
    I stood mostly braindead in character, reading the wiki, and attending to some medflask requests (because i knew how to actually maneuver stuff ingame, just not how to do all the surgeries and how meds would work)
    And when i thought "I'm ready" i got moving, and nicely asked doctors to give me someone wounded, and the CMO said in medical channel "Let Dr. Dugmore handle that patient, he needs training"). I took my time ~10 minutes, body scanner, to OR, then make him go dormant, then the simple broken bone surgery (patient only had one broken bone).
    My first surgery literally took 5 minutes, and other five minutes checking if the patient was all right, after that, i got gradually better at surgery and at handling meds.
    I didn't got around ODsing people, or opening random incisions, OR LETTING PEOPLE DIE IN THE OR.

Another case too, i was playing as Alpha Spec, got crabbed, evacced and told the CMO "It felt hard to breath after i got crabbed". CMO didn't even acknowledge me, and instead of checking me, he got to a random marine in the place and started doing surgery in it, moments later i fainted and shaked, another doctor got me, made an entire cycle through medbay to get me to a body scanner, i woke and i stood at least 30 seconds in that body scanner, doctor typing signal on, and i hear "MPs to medbay" message, as i fainted again and bursted.
    You all know.
    You ALL know.
    Bursting people at medbay is the HIGHEST sign of INCOMPETENCE medbay can ever GIVE to the entire ROUND. If someone bursts at a place where he could be properly and emergency treated, it's not the place's fault, not his fault, not the alien's fault, not God's fault. It is only someone's fault. The doctors. And the CMO too.

My proposal is that DOCTOR role be restricted to at least 10 hours, so the person would have played at least the equivalent of 10 rounds (since each one lasts at least 1,5H) and that CMO be whitelisted too.

Frequently Asked Questions that didn't get really asked:

Why doctor should be restricted?
    1. Doctor role has many procedures
    2. Has many complex procedures
    3. Has grand need of RP knowledge (So you won't call the crabs xenomorphs like the CMO was doing, or chestbursters right away when you infact didn't even see one.)
    4. Most of times, even a veteran doctor, can take too long to make a surgery, and novices can't choose their fight.

Why CMO should be whitelisted?
    1. CMO is in charge of an entire medical-proficient people, and should act AS serious AS any command role (isn't happening, CMO couldn't type properly, couldn't make chems)
    2. CMO has master skill in medical, which is GREAT. Really great, few roles have master skill level in anything.
    3. CMO has a (B)ucking cool cap. Come on, this is the ultimate reason, and noone can disagree about that. His cap is just great, and this shouldn't be open to anyone that doesn't know what is the difference between medics and doctors.
    3. CMO can coordinate like a leader, and none does: Issuing orders like MOVE FAST so doctors can run faster to the alamo or normandy, to actually do jobs faster. No CMOs do it.
    4. CMO can make use of really useful systems, and most don't. Like using the SO's computers to coordinate a squad, and even better! Holocards! Holocards are the best thing in the world so people won't randomly burst. All he needs to do is tell field medics to use them, and place the black holocards in crabbed people.
    5. CMO is a GOD. Yes, he's the best commanding officer, when everyone burns their ass, they go crying and in their knees to the mighty unharmed God of Medical personnel.

All i want to make clear is that i feel EXTREMELY UNSATISFIED with this, for such a vital role and place be run over by incompetent people, which use ignorance as excuse to (B)UCK everyone's game, either KILLING them, or making them LOSE THE ENTIRE GAME UNCONSCIOUS.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did this thread get longer b4 u deleted it?
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol too bad they ruined medbay so nobody wants to play that stupid shitty grind fest

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except that medical has not been changed and made less grindy.

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    coolio

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    question is, who the hell would apply for CMO?
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superjo98 View Post
    question is, who the hell would apply for CMO?
    Nice question. But that way we would be sure that people who play as CMO don't be incompetent.
    But yeah, maybe not being so extreme, 50H gameplay at least would be good?
    Did you consider his cap though?

Also, i'd gladly apply for CMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remade this thread two times, and i'm pretty sure it's shorter than the other two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    did this thread get longer b4 u deleted it?
    Nope, it infact got even shorter, i had made a perfect list on why doctors and CMO should be restricted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me, smh