User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijent Dam; Logistics Nightmare

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that Trijent has no linear structure. It's SUPER dynamic and I like that. (Although I'm definitely feeling a meta coming along.)

Problem is that FOB supplies are too expensive, which means that Trijent probably heavily favors benos.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All those vehicles lying around and I can't drive even one? Imagine how cool it would be to roam benos with crane, or truck.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceluke View Post
    snip
    A lot of these problems are things I'm hoping will be cleared up with the next part of the CAS rework, which I've been working on a number of theoretical tactics for based off what Neth's revealed. If a proof-of-concept round pans out well and nothing gets nerfed, I feel the tactics and strategies I'm working on would probably be the only "doctrine" that works on Trijent as it is. Without going into details, at least one squad would have to rely on light armor and the FOBs would need to be almost completely ignored, which raises a question of if benos will be allowed to call down the transport dropship while the FOB equivalent is still standing and unbreached.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm personally going to reserve my major views on the map until I've played through it a little more, I think that judging it so swiftly is a sign of inflexibility and lack of creative thinking on the marines parts.

Some of the issues highlighted can be easily avoided with actual planning.

My biggest gripe with the other maps is that they are basically the same round every single fucking time. This map is a blank canvas to a certain extent where every commander can try something new, perhaps they will have CTs working on the ground filling sandbags. Then having a dedicated MG and sandbag crew with 4 MGs and a full squad to back them up. I want to see interesting shit, I don't want to see another map just turn in to another LV,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Map is way too big, and as with Ice, only a quarter of it is ever used because everything else is too out of the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Map is way too big, and as with Ice, only a quarter of it is ever used because everything else is too out of the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I played Trijent Damn a long time ago as a Captain. First off, the main issue I found with the map that nothing really can be done about movement and tactically. I tried setting up this great big plan, and it just gets destroyed seconds in because the marines are as slow as snails on this map while nothing holds back the Xenos, who move much more agile and can, for some reason, cross the River uneased.

Mobility is a great problem with this map, one that should be solved first and foremost. I like the map's big stature, which allows me to create nice plans that would work, but the reasons stated above should be solved first.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Lurker I felt like I had unlimited flanking options, the tall grass should be able to be destroyed. Maybe players need more time to learn the map but I've always been a fan of LV because of the straight forward battle lines, and I'm not sure Trident Dam was made with the same care to CM's gameplay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than looking at the map size as a problem that requires a rework, I prefer to look on it as a opportunity and think about what can be done to make it more fun to play on a map that size.

For me the answer lies in a dedicated way to move marines around beyond the LZs. Either some kind of APC battle taxi, people can load into and get carted around in. Or a module that lets marines rappel down to the map, maybe it has to lock onto a signal flare or tac binos and it requires a separate flight mode that doesn't allow for heavy CAS.

The best solution is what corp mercs does, though. Let the DS land anywhere on the map it has room to. I understand how hellish that would be to code though, but it can be done.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    Rather than looking at the map size as a problem that requires a rework, I prefer to look on it as a opportunity and think about what can be done to make it more fun to play on a map that size.

For me the answer lies in a dedicated way to move marines around beyond the LZs. Either some kind of APC battle taxi, people can load into and get carted around in. Or a module that lets marines rappel down to the map, maybe it has to lock onto a signal flare or tac binos and it requires a separate flight mode that doesn't allow for heavy CAS.

The best solution is what corp mercs does, though. Let the DS land anywhere on the map it has room to. I understand how hellish that would be to code though, but it can be done.
    Agreed. I've only played trident as xeno and it's too easy. This would help bring balance, just make it exclusive to trident
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine