User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trijent Dam; Logistics Nightmare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like a few people have said, using the TAC map with the sensor tower is a good way to fight xenos just hiding. However, I think that you should be able to make bridges rather than spending 1/4th of the round trying to find a path. It seems like a major oversight that bridge building, something which Rome was known for over 2000 years ago, wasn't added.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    desert dam was made with the assumption that a) APC would be added and b) the APC would magically fix all the logistics issues.

it was ambitious but i think its time to cut losses.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a lot more of a feasible map without the off weed mutator which was a pretty big game changer for Xeno playstyle.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aceluke View Post
    i was asked to post this here. I will go into more detail here compared to the discord.

Personally a few things to improve cm a hell of a lot for marines is if we had

Rapid deployment and pickup transit (imagine rappelling and pickup modes with a dropship).

The idea is rather simple. Make an item that deploys a 3x3 square that when a dropship goes on flyby or even a new select mode, lets you hover over the ground at the location to drop marines or pick up medevac stretchers all at once.
    The item can be a simple ladder stylized like a rope which can be made to only allow one marine down and up before it vanishes. This would make it a good way to move marines but not an overpowered item if need be.
    As always an item would be required to do this and it should be widely available for marines to get or very restricted, no idea how powerful this would be for marines in the long run.
    This new dropship utility would lead to 9 marines being able to go up or down rapidly along with supplies and ferrying a large amount of wounded. It could even be named something like the rapid deployment system. (rds)

One dropship and 2 gunships. One which lands at either lz and can be hijacked by the aliens, along with two gunships which can be used to run cas alongside medevac and fulton pickups. This would allow for 3 pilot officers to be able to be useful during a round with cas being more widely specialized versus it's current status

instead of 1, this can be widely used to ferry marines at least away from the battlefield for medevac stretchers along with pickup of fulton for defcon to be processed easier.

A faster way to move crates than the current system. Imagine trolleys or something similarly.
    Just needed in general to get crates across the map without it taking literally forever to do anything.

Req being much less tedious so marines can deploy faster. A fix like sls giving out attachments or changing how attachments work so that all the minor ones like rds/eb/suppressor/stocks are freely given.

If anything for highpop needs to be done, it's decrease how long it takes for req to get processed for handing out items. Either moving vedors or allowing simplier spawned attachments to be easier to get for the average marine.

If tactical maps could be used to actually view a marines camera and the map. Corp mercs map system is a good one to copy.

Late at night so i forgot what i was gonna say about this
    ooooooooooooh boy, two gunships, imagine both of them manned by decent cas pilots and the capability of doing 4 runs per take off!
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should only be votable if the server pop is suber high

tcomms should be equidistant between the lz's to make a base from either one viable, or the one farther from tcomms should be moved to land in another relevant area such as nearer to the river-unpoisoning-plant