User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: With the addition of mutators, any talk about adding Radioactive damage being added?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the addition of mutators, any talk about adding Radioactive damage being added?

It seems like a pretty reasonable use of a damage type already in the game. Tons of ways it could be used, from spitters spitting radioactive toxin to runners being able to secretly inject marines with a radioactive toxin to improve their hit-and-run ability. Just a thought.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoMarimo View Post
    It seems like a pretty reasonable use of a damage type already in the game. Tons of ways it could be used, from spitters spitting radioactive toxin to runners being able to secretly inject marines with a radioactive toxin to improve their hit-and-run ability. Just a thought.
    Wouldn't it be more fun if it wasnt just another way to kill marines?

Hell make it damage both sides and then have a game mode where random spots on the map are "no go" flipping up the play.

It would be interesting to see different paths have to be taken (like if hydro was radioactive sometimes so the "bridge" isnt the usual warzone it is as neither side can stay near it long).

Again feel free to call my idea dumb.. I am new here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No thanks. That means two more types of pills medics need to keep someone running if we bring back how we used to do it (russian red and dylovene. One is purged and not every medic carries dylovene). Not to mention, they're going to end up throwing up and having a ministun until they find an actual medic with these pills because radiation isn't something PFCs can easily treat because slow analyse speed + lethal OD from russian red is a bad combo. Tricord would treat the symptoms i.e toxins and ignore the actual cause which is the radiation which needs russian red and runs into the previous problem.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No that sounds cancer lol
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nerocavalier View Post
    No thanks. That means two more types of pills medics need to keep someone running if we bring back how we used to do it (russian red and dylovene. One is purged and not every medic carries dylovene). Not to mention, they're going to end up throwing up and having a ministun until they find an actual medic with these pills because radiation isn't something PFCs can easily treat because slow analyse speed + lethal OD from russian red is a bad combo. Tricord would treat the symptoms i.e toxins and ignore the actual cause which is the radiation which needs russian red and runs into the previous problem.
    Yup, nuff said. There are tons of other good mutators ideas out there
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt it'd really bring much fun into the mix since it really just sounds like a pain to manage. But I would support the idea if it turns everyone bald.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCorazon View Post
    I doubt it'd really bring much fun into the mix since it really just sounds like a pain to manage. But I would support the idea if it turns everyone bald.
    Hahaha we are all bald with the radiation change
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Wiki Maintainer Emeritus Sargeantmuffinman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds cancerous.
    George S.Patton once said: No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Good hunting.

Staff from 16 May 2016 to 10th September 2021.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just lik muffin hehehe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, do this for me. Add 10u of Chlorine+Phosphorous+Radium, and make+inject yourself a nice dose of Unstable Mutagen. Now, see if you can cure it without Russian Red or Arithrazine. One is rarely used and isn't found in the basic belt, so you'll have to spend points on it. One is bascially not obtainable unless you have a chemist.
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 04-10-2019 at 12:36 AM.