User Tag List

Thread: Gaper - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaper - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Gaper
    Character Name?
    Random
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    G05DEC18
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    IDK
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    IDK
    Reason for Ban
    Its look like a griefing
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    They are exist
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    So, about three months have passed, maybe even more, but the admin who banned me either by chance, or into a state of affect, everyone does not want to admit that he was wrong. Sad of course, especially considering that I am guilty, but far from enough to get a permanent ban. It is no secret to anyone that appeals are considered only on the basis of notes. Also, time, apparently, does not affect whether you have corrected or not. However, it�s so silly to get banned when you produce a return grief. Yes, he is more successful and armed. But once, in your own words, you can�t do that, which means that the one who griefed must have a permanent ban. This is if to be logical. But since the logs are not provided to me in principle, although this is the only way to prove that I am right, I will have to request logs again to understand the situation more objectively and without useless notes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also you still cannot follow basic instructions and post your previous unban appeals.

I've taken the liberty of doing it for you.

//showthrea...Permanent-Ban)

//showthrea...Permanent-Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what will you do with my ban after 2 weaks of discussion?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaper View Post
    So what will you do with my ban after 2 weaks of discussion?
    Eventually it will be assigned for discussion, permanent ban appeals are a low priority, if we have any questions we will update this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Gaper,

You've been banned 7 times from CM since you started playing. Which of these bans do you think are legitimate?

I find it very troubling you are incapable of telling us what other servers you play on... Doesn't seem hard to me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Previous bans are legitimate, yes. I already said that I play on the following servers: Deathclaw, Eris and Vore

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So why did you not fully complete your unban appeal application as well.
    I see you're banned from Bee Station and you didn't mention that in this appeal.

If you can't follow such simple instructions, why should we unban you.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry that you believe your permaban was a mistake, it seems like it's really holding you back from making a good effort in your permaban appeals.

Just so you know, permabans have to be approved by the host/manager/whoever before they're actually placed. The 10 day ban is placed under the assumption that the player will get a permaban, and to give time for whomever to actually put it into the system. While it's still possible that the host/manager made a mistake, it's certainly not as if a random mod made this happen by themselves.

As to the actual incident, I'll provide a few logs and hopefully they'll help you get a general idea of what happened. If you remember any particular nuance or extenuating circumstance that you believe I may have missed, please let me know.
    There were no shots before you started shooting, meaning that you couldn't have possibly been shooting at the real griefer who was shooting up the place. Yours were the only gunshots for that incident. Just to let you know.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    TLDR; You attacked the commander. Several players accused you of firing at them, and one specified that it was in the cryo area. You get confronted by some people, and three minutes later start shooting in medbay. You get flashed/detained/punched. The moderator contacted you, and you didn't reply or say anything. Given your note history, and that you didn't reply to them, they filed for a perma. I hope that clears things up for you.

But there some other things that seem to need clearing up as well. I'll just respond to your appeal here:
    1. The moderator did not ban you by chance. I don't know what you mean by "state of affect". The moderator was not wrong.
    2. It's good that you at least admit that you're guilty. I don't know why you think what you did was "far from enough to get a permanent ban". Your very first note was you attacking people and lying about it. Your next 4 notes are about griefing behavior ("Grief" doesn't just mean attacking people randomly, by the way). It was becoming increasingly clear that you didn't care about the bans we were placing, and you weren't changing your behavior.
    3. Appeals are not considered only on the basis of notes. Notes play a big role, because it lets us know a bit about the history of the player and whether they were a repeat offender or not, etc. Other factors include time, how the player responds to questions, general effort in creating the appeal and more.
    4. Time plays a role. People can definitely mature, or just change for the better over time. We know that, and we often give players the benefit of the doubt that they have changed. However, time passing alone is not grounds for an automatic unban. Does that make sense?
    5. "However, it�s so silly to get banned when you produce a return grief. Yes, he is more successful and armed. But once, in your own words, you can�t do that, which means that the one who griefed must have a permanent ban."
      I'm really not sure what you're saying here. If I had to guess, it sounds like you're suggesting that A)You didn't grief, you simply fired back at a griefer, B)The griefer was stronger so it was natural to fight back to survive, C)The staff team says you shouldn't fire back at griefers, D)People who are griefed and return fire receive permanent bans.
      • A) You did not fire at a griefer who was firing at people.
      • B) The nonexistent griefer was not more successful and armed.
      • C) That is correct, we discourage firing back at griefers because it makes it much more difficult for us to determine the guilty party, and worse it can escalate the situation into a massive mess (even pulling in innocent bystanders).
      • D) No, people who are griefed and return fire do not receive permanent bans. People who consistently grief the server and then grief it again may receive permanent bans. As you did, in this case.
    6. This is important. Notes are not useless. Most players don't get 5 griefing bans in 6 weeks. That's actually a ridiculously high number of bans/rate of getting bans, compared to most of our population. Heck, very few people will even get any kind of notes that fast. Yes, non-ban related notes exist. We mostly use them to keep track of which players we've warned about what. If we warn a player not to do an action, and they continue to do it, other staff who didn't see them do it the first time will want to know.

Your actions broke our rules, several times. You also continued to do those actions despite being banned several times. At some point, we stopped letting you back in to the server. Most players don't have this problem. It might help to take a few minutes and truly ponder about why we don't want to unban you (since you don't seem to believe your actions weren't permanent ban-worthy in the first place).

Also, it can be difficult to understand what you're saying some times, so please be patient with us if we don't quite understand what you're saying. I hope that I can help you understand why you were permabanned if you're still confused about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not even bothering to fill in the form correctly, not to mention your incessant claims that you were wrongfully banned despite the copious evidence showing you fully deserved it. Staff have gone out of their way to help you understand why this permaban was put in place and even done part of your job for you yet you persist in blaming them for your situation. Until you have a change of attitude, this ban will remain in place.

Denied.