User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10x24 ammo: AP vs Normal, The biggest lie given to Marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10x24 ammo: AP vs Normal, The biggest lie given to Marines.

I don't want to explain all the history that brought us to this point so I'll keep it simple and let you guys discuss it:

Supposedly, AP ammo deals less damage at the cost of better penetration.

Instead, normal rounds have more damage at the cost of less penetration.

We all know this is actually bullshit. Because AP is STILL actually better than normal rounds IN ALL ASPECTS. Unless the player behind the xeno is incredible stupid, cocky, or just fucks up you won't kill nothing with normal rounds, they'll just get shot as most as they can and then HEE HEE into the darkness again.

In fact, I've tested this myself playing as xeno (specifically as Lurker and Warrior) to see how much bullets I could eat before dropping. From all the rounds I've tried, only those who shot me with AP were the ones that actually made some damage to my health and most of the times, killed me. If you ask me, I feel it's kind of hypocrite to keep this as a 'well known secret' between the community and repeat what the changelog have stated (AP > Normal), because it's a lie. AP it's still better than normal round.

Should be better? Yes, in certain circunstances. Originally designed to deal with ARMORED enemies (All the T3's and some exceptions like the Defender) but instead now you have to use this 'circunstancial' ammo to deal with the entire xeno force. I'm open to debate because I've been testing this shit for weeks now.
    Last edited by Heckenshutze; 04-11-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you're missing is that the armor system is being reworked since making normal rounds have more damage than AP and viceversa (yes, this is how it is right now in the code since I'm the one that changed those values-- and it doesn't work) is not viable with the current one.

So, of course, while that's being done, rifle ammo will probably stay as it is.

If you actually think we have an agenda to keep this as a secret (???????????) go have a long look at what you're actually trying to say.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    What you're missing is that the armor system is being reworked since making normal rounds have more damage than AP and viceversa (yes, this is how it is right now in the code since I'm the one that changed those values-- and it doesn't work) is not viable with the current one.

So, of course, while that's being done, rifle ammo will probably stay as it is.

If you actually think we have an agenda to keep this as a secret (???????????) go have a long look at what you're actually trying to say.
    A well known secret is a '''''''''secret''''''''' (or a shady truth) that everyone knows but ignore. That means, it is no secret that AP is still better than normal rounds in all aspects but IT'S SUPPOSED to not be that way.

I'm just pointing it out since it's being talked a lot in the game, specifically in D chat, LOOC and OOC but never brought to the forums, so here it is.
    Last edited by Heckenshutze; 04-11-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    A well known secret is a 'secret' that everyone knows but ignore. That means, it is no secret that AP is still better than normal rounds in all aspects but IT'S SUPPOSED to not be that way.
    So what are you actually trying to say here?
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    So what are you actually trying to say here?
    Pointing it out, giving a room for players to discuss it, in a proper thread.

And for new players who are luckily enough to stumble here, to also know the deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is some big brain stuff my dude

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Placebos are strong.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever will be reworked, it will still work the same untill some beno castes will lose all of the armor in favour of more HP. Right now every beno have armor, every HvH enemy has armor etc. AP is limited just because of that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well considering xenos have STRONG and VERY STRONG warding the moment you drop, of course AP is the only thing that matters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    well considering xenos have STRONG and VERY STRONG warding the moment you drop, of course AP is the only thing that matters
    This.