User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 10x24 ammo: AP vs Normal, The biggest lie given to Marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    There's no changelog for changing the time from fast to regular attachment add speed for the muzzle attachment to a L42 (from what I can see) maybe a mistake which is of course a human quality, but I could find countless more if I looked hard enough. I don't feel like making a thread or making drama at the moment like I did with Spookydonut
    I feel the same way; there were a few times I saw things that made me go, "hey, that wasn't in any changelogs..."; the dev team may have a requirement to put everything into the changelog, but it really doesn't seem like that's happening. I'm absolutely positive there are stealth changes being made, but it's not easy to pin down what/when/where unless you make specific notes when you see it.

Take for example, xeno burrowed larva spawn rates. I don't think that's been mentioned anywhere in changelogs, but it's defnitely been getting adjusted every so often. Likewise xenos were absolutely murdering marines for a good 2 weeks straight, and then suddenly that stopped happening. What was changed? I don't know. It's not in the changelogs, but something defnitely changed.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So about all this regular vs AP debate...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    So about all this regular vs AP debate...
    Latest updates threw everything off the window and now I don't know what/who to trust.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    Latest updates threw everything off the window and now I don't know what/who to trust.
    I'll try to get other devs on the same page about us having to share how armor now works

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked the other day on Discord. Apparently, the consensus is that they're different but equal. AP is better against heavily armored, and regular is better against soft targets.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedominspace View Post
    I asked the other day on Discord. Apparently, the consensus is that they're different but equal. AP is better against heavily armored, and regular is better against soft targets.
    From experience, standard ammo does more damage to health, but much less to armor. AP does less damage to health (I'm not exactly sure how much less, just that it seems to do at least a little less) but melts armor. I think there was a time I was playing an Elder/Ancient Defender and lost something like a third of my armor to one AP pulse burst. The issue is, however, that AP is better against targets that still have a decent amount of armor left and it's impossible for Marines to determine that. This means it's generally better to always use AP whenever you see a target that might have high armor, like Crushers, Defenders, and the Queen.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    From experience, standard ammo does more damage to health, but much less to armor. AP does less damage to health (I'm not exactly sure how much less, just that it seems to do at least a little less) but melts armor. I think there was a time I was playing an Elder/Ancient Defender and lost something like a third of my armor to one AP pulse burst. The issue is, however, that AP is better against targets that still have a decent amount of armor left and it's impossible for Marines to determine that. This means it's generally better to always use AP whenever you see a target that might have high armor, like Crushers, Defenders, and the Queen.
    From what I've experienced, this seems right. These changes at least make standard ammo worth something, instead of just being secondary to AP. I like it this way, but I've seen some Xenos get salty about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we are to continue with the new xeno armour system, I feel there needs to be some form of visual representation of armour on xeno sprites for Marines to see.

As noted, its impossible to tell if a xeno has armour or not to begin with, let alone if a xeno has lost their armour or still has it. The current meta still favours AP ammo simply because you can assume xenos are going to have armour by default.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    If we are to continue with the new xeno armour system, I feel there needs to be some form of visual representation of armour on xeno sprites for Marines to see.

As noted, its impossible to tell if a xeno has armour or not to begin with, let alone if a xeno has lost their armour or still has it. The current meta still favours AP ammo simply because you can assume xenos are going to have armour by default.
    What would be fun, and it's been suggested before, would be changes in sprites to reflect damage to the Xenos. Blood, cracks in the carapace, missing limbs, that sort of thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post

I think it was said during the test by Neth that drone, runner, lurker, sentinel, boiler and ravager dont have armor and can never have it even with phermones, but they do have an evasion modifier instead, there are some other castes without it I think, if u rly need to know then test by playing xeno.