User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LV fog and the gaps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with the others, LV was better before the fog gaps were introduced and when the fog would drop at the exact same time every match.
    We did sometimes get some crazy Marine rushes that steamrolled the benos but that was ages ago. And now with xenos maturing faster I don't see how that would be nearly as much of a problem as it used to be.

Also, I highly doubt that the percentage is 2.7% for three fog gaps. Almost every round I have played on LV in the past three weeks has had three fog gaps, if anything that seems to have the highest chance of happening. Bridge is practically always open 95% of the time.

Hydro and Bridge take forever to capture when nightmare spawns vines. Marines will loose like 40% of their force right there sometimes before ever even reaching the bridge. Whats the strategy here? Just meta CAS/OB the entire thing 10 seconds after deployment? Because literally nothing else works.

Also, the refusal to go back or test something else seeing as how these changes made LV worse in most peoples minds seems strange. It brings back memories of Mutators. I don't understand why things can't just be reverted if they aren't clearly more fun.
    Is the point of adding something just to add something or to actually make the game better?

That said, LV and Solaris are the best maps we have. Ice, Prison, Trijent...these maps aren't nearly as good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV fog gaps are pretty unfun for marines because of the whole bodyblock and pushing around and only a few ungas can get a pewpew spot on the cade while others keep pushing you around and the engineers just want to kill themseves

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The grass is greener on the other side.

The LV Fog was always a bandaid fix for a map that was not well designed to handle the rush tactics of Marines and Xenos. There's no real flow to the map when the Fog was not a issue and I've always hated how stupid it is that literal fog is blocking Marines, Xenos, bullets and Tanks.

I think the current 'gap' mechanic is, fine. At the very least it gives both sides something to do, as best case both sides try to establish a beachhead on the other side. Just play a bit smarter when your a Marine on the bridge, you can usually time the Boiler strikes if they are firing consistently.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah the Fog gaps. Dear god do I hate them.

Pushing through them is a pain in the ass since there will always be 2-3 Boilers pinning it down while tank tries to push through while baldies don't understand me screaming ; GET OF OF THE TANKS WAY!
    It's even worse if the tank crew isn't that great since that means were going to have to sit and wait around.
    The worst part is if hydro has ten billion vines over it, xenos will basically push up to hydro road at the start since LITERALLY Nothing is gonna stop them from turning hydro into a basic deathtrap that will take like 7-10 mins to clear out.

Doesn't help that most of the time I feel the fog drops far too late when we do have gaps.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T w o p o i n t s e v e n

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt read everything cause im lazy but fog was put in to prevent rushes because xenos needed time to evolve. You cut evolution in half. Theres no reason for fog at all anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    two point seven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I didnt read everything cause im lazy but fog was put in to prevent rushes because xenos needed time to evolve. You cut evolution in half. Theres no reason for fog at all anymore.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Larva/monkey/survivor bursts, hive defences, extra eggs. Theee very good reasons to give xeno's time.

How to become senior dev.