Arcanist23 - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Arcanist23

Marine Name
    Kavalan 'Mars' Ward

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Thah-ta'stath

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    I had a three hour ban once because of EORG. That's about it.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    There are two types of Yautja. The ones who survive and the ones who don't. This has been known in their society as a ranking system that the species adhere to. Thah, however, experienced it's cruelty first hand.

Relevant to growing up, his first dangerous hunt has come on one, no different than any other, day. He was assigned a hunting party of 5 and had to hunt in the same area as them. He went by a different name back then. One that he detests to this day akin to an edgy teenager that wants to be different.

He was meant to eliminate his first xenomorph as the day of his in-blooding, but sadly for him, the stories of glory that he heard from his siblings couldn't comprehend the complicity of these horrendous monsters. He has met his target along with his allies, the leader that supervised them standing far back in order to make sure that they adhered to the code of honour.

Thah watched as his first made friend engaged in bloody combat. However, his sparring with the other tribesmen couldn't recreate the primal ferocity of the xeno before him. He was, without any dramatic comback, put to the ground in a pool of green blood. The others laughed as they took turns, trying to best the increasingly smarter beast in battle. One by one, they fell to the dirty, unorthodox tricks the monster used. It's tail, it's slithery body, they all allowed it to enter a strange territory of inexperience in the young bloods minds. Eventually, all four of them had been exhausted and injured beyond relief, and for their own good, gave up this code of honour. They all engaged the beast at once, being as succesful as they were when dueling it individually. The jet black animal had learned their individual patterns that they all sticked to and toyed with their teamwork like an elite hunter.

Time took it's toll and the lives of his former friends. Thah watched horrified as their leader remained motionless. He left them to die, but what was worst of all, he watched the last remaining survivor with a face full of disgust. That face was soon covered by the helmet the leader employed and he left the scene without looking back.

On his knees and with his former friends all hugged to his chest, he shrieked alone in the jungle. The society he lovingly embraced until now looked at him like he was... a mistake. Like he was never meant to be born. Like he was wrong, not them. The poor bastard had his mind and ideals broken by shame, but most of all, hatred.

The Yautja are known to be arrogant individuals most of the time, and some can claim to bellitle their own kin hence they are better, but Thah felt pity. He mixed hate and pity into one feeling, leading to a predator that was disgusted with the current code of honour and wishing to permanently change it.

With the spear he wielded melted in the cranium of the xeno he butchered in a fit of rage, he returned home burned by the acid he used to mark himself. He was now one of them. One with those disgusting savages he adored so blindly. But deep inside, he was different. Warmth on the outside, fiery on the inside, he now seeks to raise the ranks to the point where he can challenge the ancients themselves and change the rules of this painful society. Any predator that blindly keeps the code of honour in high regard in his presence will be nothing more than a caveman to him.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Well he would most likely be coopeative with his allies as long as they don't prove too primal for him. Primal meaning fights to the death. No matter if they win or not, he will never respect them again as they heed the rules of the society he despises. He won't interfere with their duels, but he can care less about their arrogance if they are outnumbered. He will save them against their will and revel in their hatred as a way of accepting their thanks. It is indifferent if said ally was winning the battle against the enemy or not.

No matter the species, if the said lone enemy is outnumbered or fighting an unfair fight, he will jump in to at least attempt to buy time for the endangered to flee. He won't just turn the tide of battle, but a sudden appearance in order to at least shock the enemy and flash his blades around would be in order to ward them off.

If he happens to be saved, due to backstory reasons, he will serve said saviour with his life.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is commisioned by a predator and a predator alone. He fights at melee and nothing else (same goes for the opponent) against the challenged and if it happens that the predator wins, he has complete control over their lives. He may spare their lives at the cost of something personal of theirs or just simply kill the defeated.

A hunt can extend over the melee rule and the 1v1. Javelins, spears and such are permitted to be thrown and healing outside of combat is as well. A hunt also allows the facing of different kinds of prey. Differentiating from worthy to unworthy and innocent.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Cooperative. I even seek to be their little partner if they accept it. Lone hunting will be an exception only if hatred is harbored against said predator because they are too close minded to working together and want "glory".

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I played an AVP game when i was younger and when i entered the role of the predator, i was baffled by how cool it felt to be this primal, tech advanced, brute that killed so savagely. I just happened to bump into colonial marines a few months ago and i was excited when i learned that i can also be a predator.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your ban is within 30 days, even though it's for EORG, our policy is very clear that you should be free of notes.

You are not eligible for predator at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. Thank thee.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna be honest. the story and your playstyle sounds interesting atleast your predator personality, sadly is pretty short from what I see, however I don't know how the council would react to a predator that dislikes the honor code.

I think you can extend the story and other stuff on your 2nd application due the "policy" of no notes (even if it was a simple EORG ban.)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied due to recent notes.