Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Countering Spitter

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Countering Spitter

I enjoy this game a lot so far, and I feel like I am learning a lot. But I need help on what I am finding to be the most frustrating part of the game, spitter spam.

What can you do against neurotoxin spam? Because right now it might as well be a one hit kill. They land it, your stunlocked until dead.

Does the gas mask stop it or something?

How do you counter it... because everything else I seem to get. But watching 1 spitter on his own, kill person after person after person without anyone getting a shot off. I don't understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't. There is zero counter to neurospam except hoping that the tiny RNG chance that it misses happens. It's a bad mechanic.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post
    You don't. There is zero counter to neurospam except hoping that the tiny RNG chance that it misses happens. It's a bad mechanic.
    If thats true then what I further don't understand is why I am RARELY captured during spitter spam. 99/100 times I've just been clawed to death.

That is also disappointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could bring the argument to "counter" "bullshit" with even more "bullshit". Riot shields marines can occassionally find on some maps have a straight up block chance for melee (and I do believe for ranged attacks aswell). Hold one in hand and use one of those stupid fortnite meme shotguns (recoil comp/gyro) or a armsling SMG and you have like... a 50% chance to block a spit that would have hit you. Otherwise.. just stay near other marines, outrange them, use those scope attachments. But that isnt possible most of the time and staying near other marines is pretty much another "bullshit" counter since they are really unrelieable, you might wind up with Rho Buster as another marine who proceeds to kill the spitter and the 2 ancient lurkers in invis stalking you. You might end up with your Average Joe that shoots back and tries getting you up in time. Or you wind up with Ball Dee, a baldie, who just watches the spitter approaching you, then reacts, shoots and OH THE HUMANITY ITS AN UNDERBARREL HEFA POINT BLANK AT THE SPITTER WHICH IS NOW ON TOP OF YOU. THE HORROR... yeah hm... not a good counter to spitters really. Smartgunners in the backline supressing them tends to work pretty well. But relies on... well a decent smartgunner.

What I tend to do when dealing with spitters and neurotox spam is move erraticly since they have a cooldown on their spit (unless its an elder praet or ancient spitter. Good luck then.). Never forward, always backwards and sidewards while shooting in their general direction. It works. But one lucky hit and you are in the stun cycle of bullshit.

However rumor has it on the street that theres a neurotoxin rework incoming. Hope it wasnt just some false rumor. Was earlier in Dchat and discord.
    Last edited by Epsilon HQ; 04-12-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no counter; just like tacklespam or pouncespam. It�s a matter of luck and the will of RNGJesus.

There are some ways of course to �prevent� this scenarios on yourself. Let�s look back to the old rule of robust fu in classic SS13: �what can�t be clicked, can�t be robusted�.

So, your best choice is to dodge; you could use a lot of tools to be harder to meme with neuro. Example: light armor and slug shotgun (because let�s be honest at this point everything but the shotgun is shit). Just look for a tactic that suits you. In my personal opinion, mobility is the key.
    Last edited by Heckenshutze; 04-12-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon HQ View Post
    Riot shields
    Riot shield blockchance was removed for ranged stuff if I recall, so no blocking spit. The only way to counter spitspam is to just not be where the spitters are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine the shield designed to protect the user from projectiles can no longer protect the use from projectiles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let spitter drag you, assuming it is alone... wait for the neuro to miss, press E and whip out that mighty mag harness shotgun and click them.
    beast

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooner the Neuro rework is implemented the better
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have three buddies, shake eachother when hit by neuro.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere