dont be alone is the #1 way to not get rekt by neuro spam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    dont be alone is the #1 way to not get rekt by neuro spam
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    Have three buddies, shake eachother when hit by neuro.
    It took 90% of the first page to get there, but here is the answer: teamwork.

When I play spitter/sent I look for people who are isolated and I meme them. When I encounter groups of marines I only spit to delay their advance and fall back. It is possible to run into a group of marines, stun 1 and then drag them off as an ancient spitter/sent (drag speed improves with maturity) but it only takes one marine with buckshot to ruin that plan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teamwork is nice and all but it doesn't work.

Why?

Xenomorphs are balanced around the SHITTIEST players; Marines are balanced around the BEST players. What do I mean by this?

I mean that even the WORST xeno player can kill at least ONE marine with just their acid blood alone. Whereas the WORST marine players might contribute to multiple deaths on their OWN side and not see a single xeno killed by their hands; not even a Young Runner.

This means that a very good elder / ancient sentinel player can annihilate squads unless they have a robust marine player; and even then its not guaranteed because said robust player might be targeted by the sentinel first. Sentinels at Elder and above can also stunlock TWO people, which means your not safe even in a group of three.

Here's what good sentinel players do: They stun one, slash a few times, stun one of the people shooting them then hide behind the body of the first person they stunned. Now the 3rd guy cannot shoot because his buddy is getting up (or shoots anyway because he is a baldy, and now has broken several of the first guys bones because the first few slashes of the sentinel softened him up for fracture damage).

This is just one example, but not even in groups are you safe from neuro spit from a T1, let alone a T2. On top of this, sentinels and spitters can get the off weed regen mutator, which means even off of weeds they can keep spitting you down and at Elder and above they almost never run out of plasma, so you can't even rely on them to fall back to recharge plasma if you keep spamming help intent on a neuro'd marine as a fellow marine.

All in all, neuro is a flawed mechanic and unless your in a critical mass of marines, you WILL die to a single neuro then dragged off and stun locked. Don't even get me started on combat queens that screech then drag neuro spam you away from the group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    Teamwork is nice and all but it doesn't work.
    Good point, I forgot that teamwork is retarded.

From now on, all marines should maintain 8 tiles of separation, only dual buckshot memes, headband + no radio so your SO can't locate you and you won't get distracted by the sound of your squad mates calling for help.

t, xeno main

I mean first you say teamwork won't do anything, and then you say that unless you're near a critical mass of marines you'll die TO a single neuro. What do you define as a critical mass?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One concept we have to take into account is the fact more people want to play Marines than Xenos.

Honestly, the concept we have of traditional Aliens, whom are vulnerable to short bursts and be near suicidal in their attacks, is patently not true for CM.

Corp Merc is the only variant that gets a closer feel to traditional Xenos, but thats due to the fact their gameplay loop is radically different to ours.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    Good point, I forgot that teamwork is retarded.

From now on, all marines should maintain 8 tiles of separation, only dual buckshot memes, headband + no radio so your SO can't locate you and you won't get distracted by the sound of your squad mates calling for help.

t, xeno main

I mean first you say teamwork won't do anything, and then you say that unless you're near a critical mass of marines you'll die TO a single neuro. What do you define as a critical mass?
    A critical mass is five marines.

Five marines can deal with a good neuro spit Elder Spitter, and easily counter a Sentinel even at Ancient.

This is assuming the Spitter / Sentinel is completely alone.

The more xenos you add to the equation, the more marines you have to add to this equation.

This is assuming every marine is healthy as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The counter is hoping to fucking RNGesus that it misses somehow and you're able to stand up and instantly kill them with a PB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be more than 5 tiles away from them at all times, don't fight them on weeds and don't wear heavy armour. Spitter and marine at max distance on blank terrain, the marine has the advantage. Problem is once the spitter is under your guns you either need to get a perfectly timed buckshot round off or you basically gotta start strafing at random and hope your mind games work long enough for you to kill them.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritigern View Post
    Be more than 5 tiles away from them at all times, don't fight them on weeds and don't wear heavy armour. Spitter and marine at max distance on blank terrain, the marine has the advantage. Problem is once the spitter is under your guns you either need to get a perfectly timed buckshot round off or you basically gotta start strafing at random and hope your mind games work long enough for you to kill them.
    Hehe, don't wear heavy armor and die from one mistake while wearing light armor, or wear heavy armor and tank slashes while fellow marines try to help you. If they don't you lost no matter of your armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you don't really counter spitter

synths are technically able to counter them because they don't get neurostunned, so they can comfortably stand behind people and instantly help intent them to their feet without risking a stun themselves, but they're not supposed to be combat units and don't do that kind of thing very often

teamwork is just as likely to kill you as the spitter is unless the marine with you is robust (aka, 1% of the playerbase)

armor doesn't protect you from neuro, most guns won't kill them quick enough that they can't neuro you, and marines as a whole don't really comprehend help intent-- your only "counter" is to simply not be there.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator