Hooderino - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Hooderino

Marine Name
    Nash 'Dynamite' Rios

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Ya'kui

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No. I am currently banned from World server for 'glitch exploiting' which I was not at fault, and I am currently getting it appealed.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, I am also familiar with the lore.

Yautja Character Story
    Sounds of footsteps on leaves and sticks disturb the silence of the dense forest, with a little bit of moonlight shining through the top of the forest. Ya'kui sits upon a sturdy and heavy branch of a tree, about fifty feet off the ground. Ya'kui watches through his thermal vision; a patrol of maybe twelve Colonial Marines heading straight for a CLF defensive position. Ya'kui had been scouting this area for two hours, noting the positions of the CLF, what weapons they have, and analyzing their voices. There were five CLF soldiers, two with a submachine gun, one with a shotgun which had a bayonet on the end, and the other two had rifles with scopes. They stood quiet, as if expecting the USCM.

Ya'kui continues to observe the Colonial Marines advance, getting closer to the CLF ambush. He listens into the chatter of the Marines in the back of the column formation.

"Honestly, there is no way we're going to find them. They've been gone for three days. The CLF or UPP probably got 'em. Poor fellers probably didn't even know what was going on." says the Marine closest to the back, speaking to the man in front of him.

Ya'kui closely examines the Marines weapons and armor, looking for unprotected areas and weak spots.

"Exactly. Now they have us out in the dead of night searching. Why not wait until the morning? We can barely see shit anyway. Especially not with all this damn brush in the way."

The man in the front, leading the formation looks back. "Shhh!"

Both the Marines nod, saying "Sorry, Staff Sergeant." and continue follow the formation. The Marine in the back snickers before whispering to the Marine ahead of him. "He acts like someone is going to hear us. CLF and UPP haven't been in this area in weeks."

Ya'kui stops listening into the conversation, looking back at the CLF position. He notes that the Marines are about thirty feet away from the CLF soldiers, and that he is about one hundred feet away, not including the height.

The CLF have their weapons ready, aimed at the Marines. They are behind bushes and dead logs with leaves over the barrel, making them blend in with the foliage around them. The Marines get around twenty feet away, their flashlights starting to shine on the CLF position.

Shots ring out, with the CLF engaging on the Marines. The Marines quickly disperse, with the Marine in the front, who was leading the formation, shouting out orders. The Marines return fire, quickly trying to get behind and trees or cover they can find.

Ya'kui closely examines the fight, noticing two dead Marines face first on the ground.

"Where's our grenadier?" the Squad Leader shouts, looking around after firing a few shots at the CLF. He notices a M40 HEDP rig on one of the Marines on the ground, realizing that the grenadier is dead.

Ya'kui counts the number of Marines and CLF. He thinks to himself, "Ten humans against five." He thinks about the CLF's tactics, how they positioned themselves and ambushed the Marines. He thinks to himself again. "They seem to be pretty decent hunters." Ya'kui continues to sit on the branch, waiting for the fight to stop.

A CLF soldier stands up to move to another position, quickly being gunned down by a M41A Pulse Rifle. He falls onto his side while his MP27 falls beside him, squirming in pain before losing consciousness, dying shortly after.

"Cover me!" a Marine shouts, running over to the dead grenadier. He flips him over, reaching into his M40 HEDP rig while the other Marines provide suppressive fire. He takes out a M40 HEFA grenade, priming it. He reaches his arm back into the air, ready to throw it as a CLF soldier peaks around a tree, firing his MAR-40 battle rifle in burst fire, striking the Marine, making him drop the grenade. The Marine stumbles to the ground in pain, trying to pick up the grenade and toss it back before it explodes. He is unable to pick it up and it explodes, killing the Marine instantly and sending shrapnel into four other Marines.

Ya'kui sees this, noting it and viewing the CLF soldier as a great warrior and worthy prey. He continues to spectate the fight. He notes that there are nine humans against four and that four of the nine are injured.

A Marine medic rushes over to one of the wounded, quickly wrapping his wound in gauze and giving him ten units of bicardine, moving onto the others that are injured, doing the same thing. He gets to the last Marine that is injured and notices that he has shrapnel stuck in his left arm, and a piece of shrapnel had cut his jugular. He takes a pair of tweezers and removes the shrapnel from the jugular, quickly wrapping it tightly with gauze and injecting him with quickclot and bicardine.

"Put pressure on it while I wrap up your arm!" the medic shouts, obviously panicking. He begins to wrap up his arm in gauze, getting to the elbow before being shot in the neck, falling to the ground kicking his legs in pain. Blood spews from his jugular vein while he places his hand over it, blood covering his hand and leaking out from his fingers. He bleeds out, losing consciousness while the other Marine watches in shock, laying low, crawling behind a log for cover whilst putting pressure on his neck.

Ya'kui watches the bloodshed, both sides yelling while gunshots ring out, the forest being illuminated with each shot from the muzzle flashes. There a few groans from the wounded Marines, however they are still returning fire. The Squad Leader speaks into his radio. "We've been ambushed by CLF forces! We have taken casualties, and we have a few injured, requesting immediate backup!"

The Squad Leader speaks into his radio, giving his position. He orders three Marines to move to the left flank, while the other Marines provide covering fire. The CLF return fire, while one CLF soldier fires at the three Marines moving to the left flank.

Ya'kui watches, and diverts his attention back to the CLF soldier who shot the Marine with the grenade. He watches as the soldier sneaks around the tree, moving behind some shrub to get behind the Marines and flank them. The Three Marines move around on the left flank of the CLF, gunning them down while the rest advance from the front, stepping over the logs and shooting the CLF dead.

Ya'kui continues to watch the CLF soldier, who has now successfully snuck behind the Marines. He is about fifteen feet away from them now. He crouches, staying as low as possible while walking to the grenadiers corpse. As he's walking, he spots a Marine leaning against a log, applying pressure to his throat, grunting in pain. The CLF soldier reaches down into his boot and slowly removes a knife. He approaches the Marine, who is barely conscious, jamming the knife into his temple. The Marines hand releases from his neck, sliding down his body slowly. The CLF soldier leaves his knife in the Marines head while getting on his stomach, crawling out to the grenadiers body.

The Marines, after taking the CLF position, begin to check the CLF for pulses, taking the weapons and ID tags. Four Marines set up a perimeter, checking the area for any more CLF. The squad leader speaks into his radio once more. "This is Staff Sergeant Makavel, we have defeated the CLF forces. We'll regroup with the additional squad that was sent out and return to base. We're going to need help moving our wounded and dead. We're going to count our dead and wounded now. Wait one."

The CLF soldier reaches the grenadiers corpse. He lays his customized MAR-30 Carbine beside his corpse, reaching into his M40 HEDP rig, taking out two grenades. He looks to his right at the Marines, who are at the previous CLF position. A couple of Marines step over the log, walking towards the corpse of grenadier and the other Marine behind him. The CLF soldier quickly places a grenade in each hand, priming them before chucking them at the Marines and then picking up his MAR-30 Carbine, firing at the two Marines walking towards him. A Marine lets out a cry and shouts. "Grenade!" The Marines dive, the two walking towards the CLF soldier being struck by AP 7.62x39mm rounds. One Marine falls dead, being shot in the heart while the other falls in pain, dropping his M41A Mark 2. The grenades explode, killing and disabling all of the Marines.

The CLF soldier quickly gets on his feet, his MAR-30 raised, approaching the Marines. He walks over to the Marine on the ground that was shot in the chest, shooting him in the face, killing him instantly. He then steps over the log, examining the area.

There are disfigured Marines who were killed by the grenades and two injured. The Squad Leader is on his back, missing a leg. He raises his stump, where his leg should be a lets out a scream, looking up at the CLF. He reaches down to his side, trying to unholster his M4A3 service pistol before being shot and killed by the CLF soldier. The CLF soldier looks to his right at another injured Marine against a log, who's face is mangled and is missing some fingers. He holds up his hands, begging him not to shoot. The soldier shoots him in the face, making the Marines hands drop to the ground while he slumps over.

Ya'kui is impressed by this humans feats, and uncloaks, jumping down to the ground, making a loud thud. He jumps behind a tree. The soldier raises his weapon quickly at the noise, crouching and readying his weapon. "Come out with your hands up! We've got reinforcements coming!" the soldier shouts.

Ya'kui looks down at his bracer, activating the voice translator. He uses the voice of the Marine in the back of the formation from earlier. "Please. Don't hurt me. I'm injured, I can't move."

The soldier hears this, slowly moving around the tree, where he heard the voice. "If I see a weapon in your hand, I'm going to kill you."

Silence. Ya'kui climbs up the tree as quietly as possible.

"Did you hear me?" the soldier asks, hearing something against the tree.

Ya'kui takes position on a branch, watching the soldier from above.

The soldier makes his way around the tree, seeing nothing. This strikes fear into him. He shouts out. "Where did you go? I've killed plenty of people today, I'll gladly kill another one."

Ya'kui activates his wristblades, jumping off the branch down onto the soldier. The soldier looks up, aiming his weapon up. He sees Ya'kui mid air and lets out a scream.

Ya'kui drops down onto the soldier, piercing his wristblades into the soldiers chest. The soldier looks up to Ya'kui, with fear in his eyes, blood running out of his mouth.

Ya'kui speaks. "You were a great warrior. I am proud to have you as a trophy."

Ya'kui retracts his wristblades, the soldier falling to the ground dead. Ya'kui activates his wristblades once more, kneeling down beside the soldier.

"God of the Hunt - Paya, thank you for this wonderful hunt and experience." Ya'kui begins to cut open the soldiers chest carefully.

"God of Death - Cetanu, thank you for the death of these unskilled prey, and showing me the strongest warrior of these humans." Ya'kui marks 17 lines into the soldiers forehead, each mark resembles each dead human in this battle.

"Goddess of Life - N'ithya, thank you for the life of this prey and thank you for my life, for I enjoy the hunt and experience you allow me to have." Ya'kui removes the heart of the soldier, crushing it in the palm of his hand.

Ya'kui then removes the head of the soldier with the spine attached. Ya'kui roars. "This has been a successful hunt. This will be a great story to tell Father." He retracts his wristblades.

Ya'kui heads back to his ship, placing the skull of the soldier on a trophy rack. There are multiple heads and spines on trophy racks beside it. He walks to the console of the ship, sitting in a chair. He presses some buttons on the console, making the ship go invisible. The ship launches into the sky, Ya'kui sitting back in his chair with contempt.

Ya'kui returns to his tribe, walking out of his ship. His Father, I'dta, awaits him outside.

"My great son. Your hunt went well, yes?"

Ya'kui greets his Father. "Yes, Father. It was quite interesting. I was observing some humans for a few hours, when I noticed another group of humans approaching. They got into a fight. It was twelve versus five, and one of the humans from the group of five survived, killing the rest of the twelve when they killed the rest of his group. He was a great warrior, but yet no match for me. I took a trophy and performed the rituals you taught me."

"Very well, Son. I am proud of you." I'dta places his hand on Ya'kui's shoulder, nodding. "You are a great hunter, Son. You honor the tribe and make me and your mother proud."

"Thank you, Father." Ya'kui walks off, heading to the middle of the tribe, bragging on his feats and telling the story of his hunt.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Ya'kui is very passive. He observes and stalks his prey before attacking, and tries to learn as much as possible about them. He is religious and is extremely competitive. He performs rituals on his prey that his Father taught him.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is initiated by a predator against another predator or honorable prey. A hunt is for sport, and is more like a game, while honor duels are for respect and honor, and sometimes settling disputes.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Ya'kui likes to work alone, since he is competitive. The only time he will work with another predator is if they need help retrieving gear, or if they are going to die. If another Predator attempts to take his prey or trophy, he will challenge them to a duel.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I am fascinated with predators and their culture. I've watched the movies, and I've also played the AvP game on steam quite a bit. I've learned a lot through that, and I've also read some of the comics. I'm not sure if that's canon or not, but I still know a lot about the predators and I believe I can roleplay very good as one. I want to roleplay as a predator to further expand my roleplay experience and others.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tentatively, I like your story and you seem to know what you�re doing forum app wise. Gameplay wise I don�t know you ( my fault as I�m still more or less hiatus, not yours).

So, it�d be great if I could hear from others corroborating how you play, frequency, if you have a reputation as a player ( good or bad, known or unknown, baldy or experienced etcetra.)

As for you, could you tell me in the meantime how long you have been playing and what roles you are experienced with so far?

So, this far, my only real concern is how new you might be. From your forum join date and posts, I�m going with relatively new. Yet, you�ve avoided making an overtly shit app that looks well, decent.

So, for now, gonna say I�m neutral leaning +1. I just need some of my questions answered about your game experience answered. You seem smart, or at least average, if not possibly extraordinarily new especially for one applying to predator.
    Oh and someone should look into the ban mentioned. Still, OP you could explain that to help give clarification.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 04-19-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started playing SS13 around late 2017, and started playing CM early 2018. I'd say I'm fairly good, however I don't think people will recognize me since I used a random name each round and started getting active recently. I made a character named Nash 'Dynamite' Rios, a young Marine who enlisted to escape poverty and his life at home. You can find my Dossier here, though it's still in the works. Here's the link to the ban mentioned, which is now appealed. I'd also like to note I don't have the best record on CM myself, but I've taken the liberty of getting them appealed. Here are my notes.

Shot a marine then commited suicide, logged off before he could be PMed. | Wed, January 24th of 2018

Warned not to commit suicide. | Thu, January 25th of 2018

Banned from Pilot Officer - Suicide and logout as PO. | Sat, January 27th of 2018

Banned |Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: Was drunk as CMP, shot MPs when they entered the room with an autoshotty because he "told them not to." Suggest they read the rules and learn what MRP is. | Sat, May 19th of 2018

Banned from Chief MP - See above. | Sat, May 19th of 2018

Banned from Commander, Executive Officer, Staff Officer, Tank Crewman, Military Police, Corporate Liaison, Requisitions Officer, Chief Engineer, Chief Medical Officer - Suicide as an MP, multiple previous notes about suicide. | Sun, May 20th of 2018

Banned |Duration: 1440 minutes|Reason: Suicided again, this time as an MP. Disconnected before he could be PMed. Read our rules or this will continue to escalate. | Sun, May 20th of 2018

Also tried to choke a perma prisoner before suicide. | Sun, May 20th of 2018

Warned for IC in OOC, asked for help over LOOC chat. | Sat, September 15th of 2018

Bans lifted for SO, TC, CL, RO, CE, CMO, and PO. http://www.cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=18671 | Tue, September 18th of 2018

Banned from Chief Engineer - Went SSD as CE for over 35 minutes without ahelping or cryoing. Was eventually found inside the tank bay and dragged to cryo. | Sun, December 9th of 2018

On the other hand, I appreciate your feedback and hope you can see through my ban record and see that I've actually changed and that I'm serious about the game now. I currently play PFC quite a bit, but once in a while I'll play Xeno (Warrior or Runner), and I try to get CL every now and then, which I haven't been able too in a while.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am remaining neutral until I see how your discord ban appeal goes.
    As of right now our feelings are if you're discord banned, because we use discord to give predators important information, you would be ineligible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    As of right now our feelings are if you're discord banned, because we use discord to give predators important information, you would be ineligible.
    I see, that would be problem then. Hopefully I get unbanned, and from the looks of the appeal I'm getting quite a bit of support, but we'll see.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Heeeeelllllllloooooooooo Yautja!

Neutral for now fam, can anyone pull homeboys game hours for reference?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see, so my concerns remain to be:
    Hours in CM for verification
    Cross Examination with other servers if possible to see reputation there and hours/experience
    General past Bans, but a mod would be better suited to judge on that than me so I await and defer before making judgements
    Discord Ban, ineligibility ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently not home, I'm out for spring break and I don't have access to my computer, answering this on my phone. I'll do my best to respond.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    Tentatively, I like your story and you seem to know what you�re doing forum app wise. Gameplay wise I don�t know you ( my fault as I�m still more or less hiatus, not yours).

So, for now, gonna say I�m neutral leaning +1.
    Literally this.

Also get that discord ban appealed is basically obligatory for any whitelisted role.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He got unbanned and he's a long time player. Story was fine, I say yeah sure on this one.