User Tag List

Thread: GoToHellHuxell - Developer Application (Coder)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GoToHellHuxell - Developer Application (Coder)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    Hooksal

Age?

Gender?
    Male

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Coder

If Coder, what languages?
    C++, C#, Java, Little bit of lua

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    I don't have any prior experience developing for SS13. Happy to learn though, in fact that just makes it more appealing!

Proof of any previous or current work:
    Edit: Redacted this as I'm a cretin and didn't realise it's just some floating public app. Happy to share over PM. I work as a gameplay engineer so making games is sorta my jam

How well do you know Git?
    I've been using it for many years now, both as part of my University CS course and on a bunch of other smaller projects. I like to keep branches small and merge often. At work we don't use Git but similar software that fulfills the same role of source control. If I'm writing code I'm using source control!

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    Colonial Marines has always been a huge blast to play. I love the mad fusion of heavy role playing in an incredibly stressful environment where death loves to jump out at you from every crevice and suspiciously xeno-filled vent. I've never done anything important in a round; staying alive was enough of a burden for someone like me to achieve and I still love it! The attention to detail and passion for the source material is amazing and I'd love the opportunity to learn how to (and help where I can) push the BYOND Client past its wildest ambitions like your amazing marine slaughterhouse does every day. It's safe to say a multiplayer session in the corps is always a special and gruesome one that I won't forget.
    Last edited by GoToHellHuxell; 04-13-2019 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Removing personal deets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't seem to have DM knowledge, in which case, we'll need you to send us a feature that you write.

Are you more interested in backend changes, bugfixing, or making new features?

What do you think is the current problem with balance?

What do you think about burrowed larvae in general?

What do you think about the tank's impact on gameplay-- and do you like the tank, or not? What's important about balancing such a vehicle?
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are still waiting for a reply.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! Thank you for making an application, we value all our applicants, but there is one primary issue that we have noticed.

Having made review of your present playtime and activity on our server, we cannot further process your application.

Please apply when you have at least 100 hours on the server, and not 1 hour.

Have an excellent day.

Application declined.

I am the art style.