Thread: My idea for a new tier 3 caste!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My idea for a new tier 3 caste!

tier name: Morpher
    tier type: stealth, assassin
    tier description: the hive has many feared beasts among it, but this one will surely give marines the reason to not go far from their commanding officers and survivors a reason to team up and stick together.
    tier ability and stats: Advantages: can cloak like a lurker, uses a lunge attack like a warrior (lunge/automatic pull) but is executed by clicking the direction of the target and successful if made contact, can also while in grip of victim have no delayed speed, slashes just as fast as a runner.

Weakness description: Morpher's are the ultimate threats of the dark, the dark is their ally and the light is their arch enemy, their skin is highly sensitive to the light, which is why they mainly reside in the darkest corners of their hive, in the dark they can use their cloaking ability without worry of their plasma's depletion, but in the light is a different story (theme: when in caves their plasma doesn't deplete when they are cloaked rather than in the sunlight).
    Disadvantages: takes fire damage faster than any tier 3, uncloaks when receiving enough damage (doesn't take that much), can not cloak near light (a light bulb or like the ones on LV-624), plasma regenerates slow unless in the dark away from the light, when in the light moves minimally slower giving marines the opportunity to catch up if its fleeing, their durability isnt the greatest, takes more damage than all tier 3s except for the boiler, cloak ability causes plasma loss while in the sunlight.

Mutator Strain: Bloodthirsty Morpher: in exchange for its ability to lunge it gains a new ability called prey, it lunges at its victim and bites its and keeps grip until either the victim escapes or dies, its basically like a lunge attack similar to the warriors, except for as long as the victim is in its grip they will suffer significant amounts of damage and sometimes even lose a random limb or two leaving a bloody trail, the morpher cannot slash if this attack is active, to escape this grip the morpher either has to be harmed by firing troopers, or the victim has to resist repeatedly, the morpher's speed is delayed when this action is active, the longer the target is a victim of this attack the more damage they receive.

THINGS that are needed to know: Morpher's live in the dark, they fear the light they hate it, when in complete dark their speed increases minimally allowing them to move quicker than other castes except the runners and the lurkers, when in the light they should deal as much damage as a lurker but in the dark id imagine them being able to deal as much damage if not slightly less than a ravager, the entirety of this role is to take the stealth assassin evolution up a notch, tier 1 has the runner, tier 2 has the lurker, tier 3 has the morpher, the morphers pick off sorry humans that would never know what hit them, they run fast in the dark but in the light their speed can be matched by a human if agile enough.
    Although they are not THAT fast... they are only slightly faster than the ravager in the dark but in the light they move at the same pace as a ravager. So there you have it, morphers are a stealth caste they are suppose to be the main threats of harassment, they are strong on the battlefield but formidable when working in the dark as assassins.
    evolution: runner>lurker>Morpher
    CONCLUSIONS: basically a ravager with more abilities and like a lurker and not immune to fire

Let me know what you guys think! is this a good idea or no, what changes needs to be made to it, if it gets chosen ill be glad i helped out!
    Last edited by Her0zz; 04-14-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruh, is this acid goop

Hi I'm Aiko

banned4ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only new castes i want to see are useless ones so they dont make me mad when i fight them

this is just gonna make me mad so no

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burrower

Digs tunnel like Hivelords do. To balance this Hivelord loses ability to tunnel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    marines are always surrounded by light this sounds pretty dumb to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They only lose plasma when they are cloaked, get it? they cant stay cloaked forever unless they are inside the hives caves, being near structural light will make them exit their cloak and they cant regenerate near a light so they have to SLASH it, and in case you didnt understand here is a mathematical explanation for what was trying to say earlier...
    Handheld light materials such as flashlights, rail flashlights, flares: slightly decreased movement speed
    Breakable lights: decloak + slightly decreased movement speed
    Sunlight: plasma depletion if the xeno is cloaked
    in the dark they are slightly faster than ravagers but in the light they are just as fast as a young ravager.
    If they are not in the hives caves or onboard the almayer once the seige begins then they cant cloak without losing plasma, they have to either be onboard the almayer or in the caves, anywhere else they will lose plasma if they are cloaking.
    Its to prevent the opness of their cloaking ability.
    Last edited by Her0zz; 04-14-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just Rav, Warrior and Lurker combined. T3's are too big to be stealthy, their main purpose is to fight direct combat.
    CABAL: CM's angel Marine main and the only non-staff that does nothing. Even though I love you all, I still hate you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is actually what a T3 lurker would be
    Keagan Richter: Working slave of the BRAVO SQUAD.

Also the fattest XO of them all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont even want to imagine a cloaked warrior that slashes as fast as a runner. Only way to make it more insane is to give it queen screech lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have reached PEAK xeno main