User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Semi-Official Community Discussion about Development Changelog April/2019

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the new sounds for the weapons..

They're a lot less harsh on the ears and it's not cancerous when in big groups tbh.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you want this pinned?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.

The change to 7 mags/pistol holsters is also pretty nice, using the pistol holster is now actually a decent addition to a non meta loadout that also doesn't have as much problem as it used to with carrying bulk amount of ammo.
    Last edited by Ttly; 04-15-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SMG fire volume is way too loud. It's actually deafening when they're being fired en masse. It needs to be pitched down.

Shotgun sound is weak. If there's a lot of firing happening in your location, you sometimes can't even hear if your own gun going off which is incredibly disorientating from a gameplay perspective because you don't always get a visual indicator that you fired and text messages scroll by so fast you miss actions related to yourself. So you're stuck for a few extra seconds wondering if lag ate your click or if your shotgun is empty. Needs a fix.

All the other weapon sounds I'm fine with.

New map is an abortion. Far too large with far too many hoops to jump through for no real benefit. Simply reducing its size isn't enough, the entire layout needs to be rethought.

The equip changes and keybind limb targeting were major quality of life changes, very happy with those.

Intelligence Officers need a field manual in-game sitting on a desk or something that you can just hand to new players who pick the role, because right now most are just running around like chickens with their heads cut off. They should also spawn with armoured gloves, because right now they have to raid req's uniform vendor to get any which is silly considering they are supposed to be operating in the field. Their lockers should also be moved into the more-secure rear storage, because right now marines breaking in to steal their shit is way too common. Swapping out their binoculars for laser designators would also be better, to give them a meaningful way to contribute once all reachable intel has been recovered and pitched battle begins.

And now to the cr�me de le r�sistance, the new targeting changes for xeno players. This is actually ridiculous and makes xenos piss-easy to play, as if they weren't already, and completely fails to solve the problem you're trying to fix. Xenos lose because they have a singular leader with no means of filtering out bald players. It's a system designed with no safety features to safe guard against trolls or newbies without constant staff intervention. A good queen with good t3s are unstoppable, they will win against the marines every time 2 to 1, even 3 to 1. People stop playing xenos because xeno players get tired of getting shafted by their single point of failure always failing. You need to start giving preferential treatment to motivated players, both xeno and marine, and a soft-whitelist is an easy and effective way to do it. When xenos get consistently good leadership their play numbers will stay high and you won't have to massively over-buff them all the time to incentivize players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making xenos easy to play will not make bad players good but good players mediocre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that Trijent is not exactly a fantastic map, it's in my opinion THE best HvH map so far.

New gun sounds are.... very meh. Especially SMG and Carbine.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    Making xenos easy to play will not make bad players good but good players mediocre.
    *but good players demi-god status like lurkers on Almayer when they could heal without Queen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new map is awful. I love the aesthetic of the map, but functionally it is a mess. Now I am a fan of constructive criticism, so I have some ideals on how to improve it.

1) The obvious one (and probably most difficult) is to reduce the size of the map. The map is quite simply much too big for all of the reasons people have already discussed

2) The idea I favor is reworking the river. As it stands the river only prevents marines from crossing anywhere except for the engine room until the water gets filtered, at the same time it does nothing to hinder the Xenos. I think the river should be changed in several ways. The first is to make it harmful to aliens and humans, the second is to make it stay harmful for the entire round, the final change is to make it possible for the marines to repair the bridges. These changes are a massive positive for the marines, since they effectively get to choose the location of the fighting by which bridges they repair, frankly I think this is balanced out by how in favor of xenos the rest of the map is.

P.S. If one of the developers would be willing to explain the logic behind the river working the way it does I would be interested to hear that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

26 April 2019 Triiodine updated:
    Flechette shells now have higher armor penetration.
    Flechette shells now behave more consistently across the board.

not sure if fixed yet

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New sounds are pretty bad, not sure why there changed.

I don't mind the new xeno attacking aid, I think it's going to help out new xeno players mightily.