User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: soundwavesghost - Moderator Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starmute View Post

You've made a big mistake on the server and a player says they will report you. What do you do?
    If I know I made a mistake I would have to own it. If it was something that got a player a ban ask them to report it so I could support their appeal to get it removed. If it was something that ruined their round that was overall minor maybe hit them up with some quirky cosmetic item next round or something like they'd get first pick for a mini-event. Then again this is all if the person I upset wasn't be all caps-lock rage overboard....in that case I'd likely just apologize and maybe a aheal.

Finally: What qualities do you think are important to have as a moderator when you are moderating the game? What are the qualities you shouldn't have? How should you act on discord and on the forums if you are a moderator?
    When moderating the game directly and not also playing? Flexibility is number 1, you want things to keep moving. Let minor issues slide for a moment while tackling the ones that will stop the overall game from progressing. Objectivity is number 2, its a game and you want to win that is human. We are all amped up to win and will get salty but you got to turn that off long enough to actually listen/read what is really going on to make a good decision. Consistency number 3 for a person number one for a team. Make a choice that mimics or mirrors your previous ones, loads of servers have mods that are just cowboys with bwoinks and it really brings servers population down.

Regarding the 5 hour thing. All moderators have to serve 24 hours a month minimum (case by case basis however). Typically there's about 4 weeks and some change in a month. We all get burnt out and 5 hours might not be enough when you do get burnt out. That's my biggest concern here.
    Understandable. My 5 hrs is meant to say an hour a day minimum. More is likely as when playing I don't like to leave till a round is over as you can get really damn invested in seeing if the Crayola Cruiser saves the day.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly answers arent trash but theyre not gems either. That paired with your answers to some people here lead me to believe you might be wanting to apply for mentorship more than moderator? If so then ill let you know that mentor you dont tend to apply for, send jerkface a message on the forums showing interest and hell deal with you. If mod was what you were going for im sorry my dude but lackluster answers to baseline questions that have been around longer than me dosent let me give a +1. Ill remain Neutral and if staff is really what you are wanting to do try mentor (we ALWAYS need more of them)
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah helping out with mentor was what I was aiming for to be honest. I don't mind helping out more otherwise. I'll send that message.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am afraid that these answers are not quite up to stuff. Of moderation team is starting to increase in size again and I am being much pickier with the applicants that I accept. I believe you are on the correct tract, but you are not quite there yet. Familiarize yourself further with the rules, and apply again at a later date.

Denied.