Byond ID?
    Triogenix

CM Character?
    Erik/Claire Saylor

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    21+ hours

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I worked as camp staff at a sleepaway camp, and I am an instructor in canoeing

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Nope

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    First app.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    First app.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    I am a mentor for an ARMA 3 group

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Nope

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Give the player a warning that such behavior is against the rules, then allow the situation to play out ICly.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Ask for the predators view on what happened, and decide from there whether any OOC action should be taken against the predator, or just shaming by the council.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Inform him how to contact the mentor staff via PMs

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Inform him that he is being a dick and pass him on to an admin for judgement, while making a note

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Inform the player named "John Doe" that his name violates the rules, give him a warning, then promptly inform an admin to change the name, or do it myself.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Allow the MPs to deal with the breach of SoP ICly, but continue to monitor the MT incase his behavior begins to break rules.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would first get both sides of the dispute, PMing both players, and from there most likely inform the marine that the survivor did infact state his hostile intentions, and no OOC rules were broken.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Discreetly inform the CMP via either Fax or PMing, and continue to monitor the offending MP for the rest of the round

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would send an announcement as the Queen Mother to the aliens telling them they must attack the marines, or send a fax to the CO instructing him to finish off the xenos as USCMHC.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would PM the medic as a moderator asking why he is doing what he is doing, or ask an available team member to do so for me, then make decisions based on that.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would inform the CLF player that as he was hostile to the marine, the standard EORG rules do not apply, as a marine shooting a hostile CLF would be still within the bounds of RP. If the CLF player was a prisioner of sorts or surrendering, I would look more closely into the issue, then make decisions based on what I find.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Inform the MPs of the situation if they have not been already, and warn the player that such actions constitute as a breach of RP standards, if the behavior is continued after the warning, I would temp ban the said player.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Inform the murderer marine that going from punches to killing a man is way to high of an escalation in RP standards. I would inform the MPs if they had not been already, before administering a temp ban on the at fault marine.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would remind them in OOC chat that improper mutinies can result in bans, and then give them time to ahelp it. If they fail to do so and start storming CiC, I would communicate with any other moderators or admins online on what is happening, then make sure the marines know the consequences of a non-approved mutiny, before handing out bans to the leaders.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Inform them in LOOC to stop with the racist comments, and if they fail to do so, hand out warnings to the players involved.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Perma-Ban the marine, with a link to the ban appeals form in the message I leave, as well as the reason.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM the said Larva, and ask them why they did it, then most likely administer a warning or a ban on playing as a xenomorph.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Inform the Xeno player that what he is doing does not go with RP rules, administer a warning to cease the behavior, and if it goes ignored, administer a round-ban, as well as a ban to playing as a xenomorph

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform the xenoplayer that ahelped that while it could be considered crude, the hivemind for xenos allows for human words to be used to describe things, so dropship is okay.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Inform the command staff player that they are meta-gaming, issue a warning to start, then slowly escalate if the situation continues.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    PM both other marines in the pod asking for what their take was, then make conclusions based on what they say, and ask another staff member to "double check" for lack of a better word, the ruling.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Inform the said player that constant insulting(ranting) is harassment, and issue them a warning to stop and relax, and calm down. I probably wouldn't ban the player because I have no idea what is going on in his/her life, and this could just be them letting out pent up stress on me, and it would be unfair to assume things, and then act upon those assumptions in the moment. However if the said player is a constant harassment to staff for days on end, then warnings and temp-bans would be applied, slowly escalating.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would ask the player what they went away for, and depending on what it is and what time in the round it is, I would make a decision from there.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Inform the staff member they were wrong in a polite manner, and if they consistently get rules wrong inform the mod-manager or any admin on the server.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Attempt to interpose myself between the 2 staff members, and inform another admin or Head/Staff manager of what is going on if any are available. If not I would warn both staff members not to do anything until another person can review it.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    CM is a community that has given so much to me in the past, and I've always seen the staff as people to look up to and learn from, and helpful people in general. I want to carry on that mantel and help the CM community the same way it helped me.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The ability to stop and truly think about the decision you are going to make, before you make it, and having all the information needed to make a decision. Essentially be the opposite of Impulsive.

Anything else you
    I guess the best way to describe how I conceive of moderation is like a judge in a court-house, handing out verdicts but also having the possibility of being over-ruled, the only difference being that in a video game setting you also have to take into account how much fun people are having, and ensure that it is semi-balanced and an enjoyable game for everyone.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A number of these answers are unfortunately quite poor. At no point do you mention checking notes or even much investigation in any of the questions, and overall I feel like you've clearly not read any of the accepted applications. Far too many questions are far too incorrect. In addition, you only had 5 hours of play time during the entirety of March, and you have an outstanding jobban. I do not support this application at this time.

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    -Determine why they shot someone and if it is a repeat offender, if so, a ban may be in order.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    -You investigate but do NOT take action in regards to whitelist issues, you'd bring this up with Emerald Blood or the relevant council.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    -Mentors are not always available, you should be willing to help them as well.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    -There is no requirement to pass anything onto another Staff member unless you personally feel you need to, not just because they asked.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    -This requires significant investigation, your answer is too rash and assumes that you've been told the truth.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    -You NEVER take action on a situation you are personally involved in. You get another Staff member to handle it.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    -Why would you tell the MPs? You've already taken OOC action and banned the player.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    -This is an IC issue in every possible way. Someone being SSD doesn't mean they get special treatment. They weren't griefed, they were just disconnected.
    Last edited by Grimreaperx15; 04-19-2019 at 05:42 AM.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I have only 5 hours of play time during march is because for a majority of that month I was in a psych ward dealing with depression. I wish I could have played more but obviously could not.
    For informing the MPs, a marine was still murdered aboard there ship, and as I said at the end of the form, the game is supposed to be fun. Informing the MTs about a murder could a) Stir up some enjoyable RP b) Give the bored MPs something to do with their time and c) give the medical personnel something to worry about if this happened early in a round before the casualties start coming in.
    In regards to mentors not always being available, the times I play are from about 3pm-1am, which is rush hour, meaning a mentor will usually be available. If not of course I am willing to help out a new player, I just assumed the form wanted to the most common and applicable scenarios.
    In regards to a situation I am personally involved in, as I stated, sometimes another staff member isn't available, due to handling other matters, or I'm on at an extremely low pop time.

In regards to the predator question, I was not specifying OOC action in regards to whitelists, but more so if the predator has done so multiple times in a round, if they might need a round-ban if a relevant council is not online.

In regards to your first point about a repeat offender, to be perfectly honest, the idea of a randomness, in my mind, leads me to believe there is no outstanding issue with this player, and shoots implies that one player was not killed, so a simply either Aheal or trip to medical will fix the issue. If a marine was killed, or badly maimed then yes a ban might be in order, but if a marine mis-fired and hit someone, which is what the scenario implies, I do not believe much OOC action should be taken.

In regards to my outstanding Job Ban, it was assigned back in 2017, over 2 years ago now, and it was assigned even though I broke no rules. I am currently in the process of appealing it, as I made this account yesterday, for the sole purpose of a) appealing the job-ban and b) applying to be a moderator

In regards to your closing statement about that being an IC issue, I do believe that my answer was bad to be generous, and I have to agree with you on the fact that I should have known that would be an IC issue.

And in regard to notes, most notes are vague and a basically just the "ruling" of a moderator or admin, they don't give alot of context. and yes, while there is a ban appeal form, in most of these scenario's, checking notes for repeat offences would be un-needed, as they would either a) Show up over the course of the round or b) be a known issue to other staff members, who I would be double checking with.

Do you have any other criticisms or things I can work on?
    Last edited by Triogenix; 04-19-2019 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Forgot to talk about notes

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally I�d read through your app several times and then give feedback similar to how Grimreaper has done, in this case however I�m outright going give a -1 for the following.

�And in regard to notes, most notes are vague and a basically just the "ruling" of a moderator or admin, they don't give alot of context. and yes, while there is a ban appeal form, in most of these scenario's, checking notes for repeat offences would be un-needed, as they would either a) Show up over the course of the round or b) be a known issue to other staff members, who I would be double checking with.�
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of your answers seemed very passive and no way moderating, along with both IC and OOC ways of handling each one, which most will fall as an either or. That among what the other two have said and our higher standard for mod apps currently, I will have to give a -1 at this time as I cannot support this application due to answers and my thoughts on your ability as a moderator, good luck in the future though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for taking the time to read my application, and giving me feedback on what I need to improve and work upon. I'll keep this all in mind if I decide to apply for being a moderator in the future.

Thanks again!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of your answers are not well thought out. Something I noticed as a common theme in your answers that you need to think about:

When you are in a round as a mod you have to view things differently than a player. You have to have impartiality to the situation. There are other mods on and if you are in a situation where you are playing and you see something wrong pm them. If you become a mod do not handle issues where you are personally involved or the one who would be making the admin-pm ticket.

Due to the substandard quality of the responses I have to give you a -1 at this time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate you trying, however based on your responses I'm going to have to say please try again in the future.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answers are just not good enough this time around, i think with some more work and a bit of time you will easily be able to apply but for this application

Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is been said already by the others but your attitude toward it all seems very lax, while the app is well enough written, the answers and general feel of the app is off. That coupled with a jban, the wrong answers and a clear non-understanding of WL roles and procedures (though not completely your fault) is gonna net you a -1 this time sorry dude. If youre serious about applying in the future read some of the other accepted app, and failed ones to see where they went wrong, and dont be scared to ask questions on discord etc. we cant give you answers but we can at least point you in the right directions
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.