Jac - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Enkment

Marine Name
    Natas Liel

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Theo

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Synthetic Character Story
    How do you intend to play your Synth?
    Domestic synth, concerned with officer�s mess / living spaces. Aforementioned quirk was a bit hastily added. Gnomish (doesn�t work on flashy stuff), doesn�t like attention, likes maintenance. Nonetheless, still competent and trustworthy.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    I am proficient in all shipside roles.

Why should we whitelist you?
    When you observe a synthetic, you can expect them to be reliable, competent, and helpful. There isn't really any role which has this sort of expectation with the exception of a synthetic, and I could do a lot with what this role gives me.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    Nope

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    Nope

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so from what I've gotten from your story, your synth mainly concerns himself with upkeeping the ship and such, aswell as following orders from command. What I don't get is why your synths main purpose is to upkeep a coffee maker, also having a synth believe a coffee maker is of greater importance than manning req, albeit still following the order to do so, is a bit dumb. If we ignore the obsession with the coffee maker, then your synth basically has no quirk. Upkeeping the ship is not a quirk. I'm sorry chief but this is gonna be a -1 from me
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superjo98 View Post
    Okay so from what I've gotten from your story, your synth mainly concerns himself with upkeeping the ship and such, aswell as following orders from command. What I don't get is why your synths main purpose is to upkeep a coffee maker, also having a synth believe a coffee maker is of greater importance than manning req, albeit still following the order to do so, is a bit dumb. If we ignore the obsession with the coffee maker, then your synth basically has no quirk. Upkeeping the ship is not a quirk. I'm sorry chief but this is gonna be a -1 from me
    To be more specific, my synth's gimmick is that of being tasked of being a servant to the officers of the ship, and more specifically, the captain, rather than him being available to the general marine population. The coffee maker is basically trying to highlight that the W-Y guys who made Theo stapled a clause to him, and that their clause's effect was misjudged.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story was well written and a breeze to read thru however... it was just so bland. Nothing interesting happened, just you described some stuff that happen in almost every CM round. And what was that part with the coffee machine? I have no idea what your synth's quirk is supposed to be, whatever you described that he is a loner and likes maintenence does not show in the story itself. Story has to represent your synth's quirk and this just doesn't do it. And that part where you list off parts of surgery look like copied straight from wiki. Not a good thing to do. Again, I like your writing style, it's nice to read thru, but you need a better plot than this. You gotta show the quirk and your synth's personality, and I couldn't get anything from tihis.

Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story is well written but show a synthetic with a very common personnality and the only "uncommon" part is the coffee thing which is REALLY weird.

Moreover, I'll be honest I don't know you at all in any support role.

-1 chief, better luck next time. Do not hesitate to ask me some advices next time
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People above summed up my feelings, I barely seen you in support roles and the quirk is a bit bland and strange.

The story was well written however it's gonna have to be a -1
    Last edited by Ordosian; 04-20-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing else to say, good luck next time. -1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen you around, neither on the discord nor in support roles. So I can only base my off the app and I have no way of nothing your competence, so you would need a vouch for it.

Story was good, one of the better ones. I see where you're going for with the quirk, but it's not really a quirk or you worded it wrong. The other questions were really lackluster and seemed hastily written. I expected paragraphs to really sell yourself, considering you don't have fame to go off.

Get more known/have someone vouch for your competence. Think more about what a quirk really is and how it can improve RP. Make use of #whitelist-app-help on our discord and you can probably get it, in some time.

Best of lucks, but its a -1.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have no known OOC character, as well as a subpar application besides your story section.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the above posts basically sum up my issues with this app, so it's a -1 from me.