Your Character Name?
    Johan Blaine
    Their BYOND Key
    Daturix
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    940 am
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Description of the incident
    had a bomb implanted in my chest by research so if i was captured i could kill myself. They say I was a suicide bomber and gave me a note. I was just avoiding capture which has happened in real life many times with people shooting themselves or whatever to avoid getting captured like in ww2.
    Evidence
    Logs
    How you would punish the accused
    Remove my note

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Conversation with doctor
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Doctor conversation
    Spoiler Spoiler:

PMs between MasterShake and Daturix

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also PMs between staff and doctor making these IEDs

Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so from the logs it is athena who kept saying suicide bomber. I never said suicide bomber. Heres my reasoning, I had already been on the ground fighting for idk 30-60 minutes. I had killed xenos, seen people get killed, and seen xenos drag off marines. I had also been face hugged thats why I went back up to the ship to get surgery. After surgery thats when I went and asked to get a bomb implanted in me because I was not going to get captured with no way out. All this stable marine stuff is ROUNDSTART marines. I had already seen enough shit to have PTSD and be freaking out. My character was NOT going to get captured. However I didnt even get the bomb off because I got neurod and dropped hte signaller when there were 10 aliens around me beating me down and capturing me. The reason there were 10 aliens around me beating me was because I went with delta SL (dunno name) and a couple other deltas down the elevator and there were an entire group of aliens waiting for us so we had no escape. Thats when I tried to blow myself up but failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting as obvious witness here: There are a few things wrong. The "grief" that according to my note happened didnt come from the the implanted IED into mastershaker. It came from a grenade that I built and that accidently got detonated by another researcher while I was mass producing these. Granted I didnt switch channels/freqs enough but this note that I recieved doesnt make any sense. No one intentionally griefed here. We all had fun trying out the new research mechanics, the explosion in research was an accident that could have happened either way. I set myself on fire a few times allready trying out/fat fingering the recipes. Accidents happen in research, people blow themselves up in research, thats just how it is. Personally I'd like my note removed or atleast reworded tho I dont know if I need to open a new report/appeal for it so clarification would be nice

When mastershaker came in to get implanted I assumed he had enough reason to do it. On the comms I had access to it the ground situation didnt sound the best and since the marine asked themselves to use it I thought "why not" I thought about something like this when he made the request: https://youtu.be/48yIy_p3-vQ?t=252 so it did seem reasonable to me. Yes I said suicide bomber because I was just having so much fun with the new research update like I hadnt in a while in CM, I exaggerated a lot of words in those rounds.

Besides, it doesnt matter if he was implanted or not. A nade with a timer would have been an easier and more reliable suicide method (including killing xenos) and then no one would have said a word when he literally would have melted his face off with blueflames. I dont see why this is such a big problem

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to reiterate the point that I was the one who asked dasWurmtMich for the implant with no prompting from him at all. It was my idea.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Implanting yourself with a bomb is considered LRP. However you managed to luck out and do it at a time when folks were experimenting and going a little crazy with the new grenades and all. I have decided to not punish folks too harshly for things that happened during those few days.

As a side note. If you just want your note removed and no action to happen to staff, you should not be making a Staff Report, but rather an appeal. Staff Reports should be limited to misconduct for staff members.

Daturix did nothing wrong and handled this appropriately. However I have decided to give asylum to some of the shenanigans that happened during that time, so I will be removing your note.

Resolved.