Rko8504 - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    rko8504

Marine Name
    Jerry Timmicks

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Tol-Harku

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No, at least I hope not. I played on paradise station when trying to learn this game. And started a bar fight on incident. No talking down a drunk man when you punch him in the chest. after losing the fight and later, my life. I left, partially out of boredom and partially out of I didn't want to get yelled at by the admins.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    "Today, I will bring glory to Paya." Tol-Harku thought as he stalked his prey. His prey was a largely built human who, funny enough was also tracking his own prey. Armed with a machete and cutting through the thick jungle vines, A large rifle was slung around his back. The hunter was being very loud cutting vines and basically stomping through the forest. The hunter clearly felt no need to hide himself as the tracks were several hours old. Tol-Harku was on a jungle planet colonized by many of these humans. He felt right at home staying cloaked on the branches. Expertly moving branch to branch. Making seemingly no sound compared to the natural jungle sounds and the hunters own loudness.
    He had seen humans before as this was not his first hunt. The seemingly experienced hunter wasn't very alert or quiet. "odd," he thought. "This was no way for any predator to hunt." With the occasional grunt of effort at a clump of vines, and making no attempt to lower his posture or conceal the," swish!, fling!" of his machete. At least he wore camouflage garments to blend in with the local surroundings. " though," he thought to himself. "Its nothing like my own camouflage.
    His prey was chosen carefully, despite his apparent clumsiness, this human seemed to be the apex of his small town. He was middle aged, at least, for the short rushed lives humans had. With hints of grey in his hair. "Shame," Tol-Harku thought, "if only I had arrived years earlier." "I could have had an even greater challenge!"
    Hours later, Tol-Harku was ready. He had been tracking the human for at least 4 hours, long enough that he could dispatch his quarry with no compilations from other humans. The hunter started following the tracks straight from his village which must have been why he was here in the first place. He had noticed that the hunter was starting to grow more quiet. beginning to go under and pick up and maneuver through the vines rather than cut them. However, he still refused to lower his posture. It was time.
    Tol-Harku had no real attachment to any of his weapons. He was still inexperienced enough to not really decide which weapon he wanted to use all the time. In fact, this was only his 2nd hunt solo. Recently he had seen himself selecting the Glaive more often than the other weapons at his disposal. He began to reach for his glaive, ready to begin the fun part of the hunt. When the hunter suddenly did a half turn around him. looking only a few inches to the left of where Tol-Harku was concealed. Call it 6th sense, or maybe he had made a slight sound to the now heightened senses of the hunter. It was no matter, the second he saw his head turn he stopped instantly, his arm behind his back, his hand gripping the weapon. Seconds later the hunter turned his head back.
    The hunter began reaching for his rifle. "His own quarry must be in his sights." Tol-Harku thought as he now unsheathed he glaive. Tol-Harku held something of a soft spot for hunters. It would not please Paya or himself, to kill this hunter before he killed his own quarry. However he did silently move from behind the hunter, to a few meters from where the hunter was pointing his gun. Using his cloak and staying on the branches, the hunter never noticed him.Despite his earlier heightened senses, he now seemed completely immersed in taking aim on his target. Tol-Harku looked and saw that the hunters quarry was a large black cat of sorts. He had not seen this creature before and would definitely look at it later. A few moments later he heard a large "CRACK." He saw the cat stumble take a few paces away from where the bullet came from. To which another "CRACK," met it. Stumbling no longer, the cat fell to the jungle floor, dead.
    Tol-Harku slowly turned toward the hunter. When he fully turned, he saw the hunter grinning at his fresh kill. He re-slung his rifle and proceeded to walk towards his kill. Normally, he would wait for the hunter to get full satisfaction of his kill. But he wanted to study the animal on his own terms and he already had gotten to kill the animal. Paya was pleased enough with his kill, now it was Tol-Harku's turn to please Paya. He leapt off the branch, decloaking as he did so. And proceeded to land no more than 10 meters in front of the hunter, crouched, weapon in hand. Slowly he began to rise. When he lifted his head and stood a full height. He looked into the hunters eyes. and saw the fear there. He felt powerful, but slightly disappointed he prey wasn't going to be much challenge. The hunter was too shocked to say anything. Wide-eyed, hands clutched, legs shaking. It seemed he was struggling to stand. Tol-Harku took a step forward, raising his glaive. This made the hunter emit a short cry. Tol-Harku grinned at this, though the hunter couldn't see it under his bio-mask. He took some more steps towards the hunter almost reaching him before the hunter gained his senses and pulled out his machete. " It seems he wants to defend himself after all," he thought. To Tol-Harku's own surprise the hunter made the first move. Swinging a large cut at him. Tol-Harku quickly blocked this with the staff of his glaive. He then brought up his leg, kicking the hunter in the chest. Sending him flying back several feet, and forcing him to drop the machete. But not hard enough to put the man out of fighting order. He was getting his fight one way or another. The hunter regained his feet quickly and unslung his rifle. pointing it at Tol-Harku. This evoked a large reaction from him, he began dashing in a zigzag pattern towards the hunter, covering the short run quickly. He heard a another large, "CRACK," from the hunters direction.
    Once he reached the hunter he stopped, grabbed the gun and twisted it out of his hands. He then proceeded to toss it into the jungle somewhere. He stabbed the hunter through the leg with his glaive, Going through his leg and implanting it into the ground. The hunter cried in pain. Tol-Harku then activated his wrist blades and cut off hunters right gloved hand in one smooth solid motion. At this point the hunter was in tears. Tol-Harku emitted a cry of defiance to the jungle. Then grabbed his glaive once more. He pulled it out of the hunters leg and ran it through his stomach. The hunter coughed blood. Tol-Harku then pulled it out once more then ran it through the base of his neck. The hunters cry was met with another cough of blood. Then silence.
    Tol-Harku picked up his severed hand. Thinking it would make a fine trophy. He would examine the large cat, then make his way back to the ship. But his mind was already on the next hunt.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Competitive, curious, and always wanting a better fight. Tol-Harku can sometimes be reckless in his evaluation of his targets. He was always wanting the best fight. He often sparred with other Yautja's. He didn't always win, but he was constantly fixing his mistakes. He was dedicated and was always looking to improve. He was careful and attacked when It seemed most in his favor but his want for a good fight left him some close calls with larger preys that he underestimated. Always wanting to be the best at everything he did he was sometimes short with other Yautja's but other than sparring partners, he wasn't very interested in companion-ship. When he wasn't satisfied of his preys skills he would sometimes play with them in. Almost as if punishment for their weakness.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Honor duel- a sacred fight between two opponents both armed with melee weapons. There are no interruptions and it is a fight to the death. Unless mercy is shown to the loser. There are no ranged weapons and only the Yautja can start it.

Hunt- A hunt is preformed with one or more Yautja's working towards finding a worthy prey and killing and taking a trophy. No will to hunt is no will to live.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Only talking to them when in need or in a competition. As he wouldn't want anything to spoil his hunt. Having others around only spoils the experience, He thinks.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I have played IO and I love it. I love the solo experience that comes with the role. I also love everything about predators and think this would be a cool new addition to my play experience. I haven't been playing on the server for super long but I am always trying new roles and the love every part of the server I have tried. Except for Req. Fuck that.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't gone through your story, but I just have to point out the following:

-You have a recent note last week for LRP actions as a doctor.
    -It appears you just started playing here this month based on your current time

You are ineligible for predator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remembered that note after going over denied apps again and seeing something similar happen to someone. I would have taken down the post if I knew how, would it be lazy to resubmit it once I have the proper time? This took me an hour and a half to write and I think it's fire.
    Last edited by Rko8504; 04-21-2019 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Grammer

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would use the discord's whitelist channel to help make revisions and ensure your story will be up to par, better luck next time fam.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rko8504 View Post
    I remembered that note after going over denied apps again and seeing something similar happen to someone. I would have taken down the post if I knew how, would it be lazy to resubmit it once I have the proper time? This took me an hour and a half to write and I think it's fire.
    Better ask for help like bob said before.

If your app took less that a couple hours it should've pretty meh.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I haven't gone through your story, but I just have to point out the following:

-You have a recent note last week for LRP actions as a doctor.
    -It appears you just started playing here this month based on your current time

You are ineligible for predator.
    I mean this is enough really, but i will say for an hour an a half the storys not terrible, But at the same time id believe that it was an hour and a half all up from original idea to posting. Im not one who expects perfect grammar either because i know that we have plenty of people on the server who arent english primary speakers, but its a BIG block of text to read thats honestly quite hard to read. Abit more paragraphing and breaking the story up properly would have gone a long way. Get some time on the server with good behaviour, look at accepted apps, get on discord whitelist help and try again in the future my dude -1
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll consider this withdrawn as of April 21st, 2019.