Henry Gadow
    Their BYOND Key
    zelkova (I think) and the CL of the round
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    5-6am central time 4/21/2019
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of the rules
    Description of the incident
    During a round as IO it was reported by my other IO Daniel that the CL stole a lot of intelligence from the intel section due to the fact that they have access to the area and then disposed of it. We searched around for both the intel and CL but could not find either. Eventually I found the Cl and tried to hold them at gun point on the plant of LV but they ran away and were executed in a fire fight.

They did not have the intel on them and when ahelped if it was valid for a CL to do this we were told that it was valid for a CL to steal and hide intel that an IO gathers in order to hide secrets of the company.

This CL did not ahelp or fax prior from what we understand and just went ahead and did it. This is obviously self antaging as a CL which is against their role rules.

Doing this purposefully fucks over the entire intel job for the round due to how the intel chain works with needing each piece of the puzzle to finish a chain. If you loose a single piece then its done.

My issue is the fact the moderator/admin I ahelped regarding this said it was a perfectly valid thing for the CL to do, which they could do every round if they wanted since they have full access to the entire area. All it does is fuck over marines for the round by halting DEFCON progress.

I was also noted by the staff member for chasing down the CL when I was told I should of let the MP's handle it, which I realize I jumped the gun with shooting the CL there planetside.
    Evidence
    No evidence was gathered due to the fact I was only told in discord afterwards I should report this incident by other staff as the staff in question was in the wrong.
    How you would punish the accused
    Not sure on the staff members record. If its their first incident then eh, whatever. Slap them on the head and set them straight.

If they have been doing such behavior though often then their staff position should be re-evaluated. Again, they seem to have a good head on their shoulders though so if this is a first problem with them then a talk about rules for roles and self antagging would be good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling Ahelp Logs - Please note, I did not leave a note on the player in question, It was a verbal warning about escalation and a discussion of aim/intent and about Intel being stolen by a CL. - the CL was responding to a fax asking them to investigate if the marines had anything incriminating on the company but was told directly not to be a problem to the marines at the time - Only to report what the marines knew for the 'Company' to make a cover story if needed. [Screenshot of FAX code/template here. https://i.imgur.com/8ZdqMgT.png]

------------ Ahelp Logs Below
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Zelkova64; 04-21-2019 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Found more logs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So based on the logs, fax, and conversation with Zelkova I am pretty much just summing this up as a misunderstand on our parts which could of been cleared up with a bit of elaboration. It just seemed to myself and the other IO at the time that the CL was perfectly valid in what he was doing and got away with breaking the rules. But yeah, clarification helped clear up this misunderstanding.

You can consider this staff report closed on my end as I have no reason to continue this further now that it has been cleared up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closed at Denthamos' request.

Resolved.