Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zelkova64 - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    zelkova64

Player Name You Use Most?
    Jackson A. Hargrave

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Old Forum: Moderator Application - Approved. https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=19354
    No other bans, Ever.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used?
    I personally think its a rare tool for a CO to use in dire cases that require it. Not to be abused because you are taking someone out of the game as a marine.

What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew?
    The best reasons would be full on sedition, or a crime befitting of such punishment like murder.

Example 1: A Marine has abandoned their post, Began to harass the crew in hazardous fashion, to the point they begin sabotaging the ship and the functions of departments for any reason. If the marine cant be dealt with by an MP or brigged - Then it is likely that they may need to be executed to prevent further harm to the ship and staffing.

Example 2: A marine fistfight starts in the bunks and escalates. They now use knives, Then pull out guns and begin causing mass damage to the ship, Other marines or shipside staff. this may warrant a BE right away(To the antagonist), Especially at the start of a round if they will not calm down or cease.

Other reasons that may warrant a BE.
    -Sedition/Helping Hostiles/Traitorous acts.
    -No MPs that can handle the situations.
    -Marines Fighting for no reason continuously harming other staff/soldiers
    -Non-lethal methods used (flashes, flashbangs) But Ineffective.
    -Imminent threat to a life or command staff that requires lethal intervention.
    -Attacking the CO/XO/LT with a weapon. (Rifle, Machete or others.) Intentionally.

Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why (See part 2 for Why)?
    Part 1
    A battlefield Execution Differs from a standard Execution in that there is no deep investigation, It either may be cut and dry or is required immediately for an emergency reason that does not always involve an MP or CMP.

Part 2 - Why
    1: Mechanically 'why' It gives the marines a way to deal with a belligerent player that is harming the round itself assuming a mod isnt able to deal with it.
    2: It gives the CO a sense of power and mechanical authority to make the executive decision to end someone's Marine game because of (Extreme / Last Resort Reason here)
    3: (IC) Marines are in deep space and far from a point of harbor where they can discharge a belligerent and sometimes a point needs to be made so [Bang] BE. Also in leu of making a point, it should stop others from copy-catting the first guy and helping the round continue to progress as normal.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    He would run his ship like a commanding officer should, With respect and duty at the top. All while being personable - Taking the time and effort to bring up the good deeds someone has done. Such as the RO giving marines a nice supply drop of (Insert HPR/Cool stuff here) or the Engineering staff being good noodles and keeping the ship in tip top state. It is an RP heavy role afterall. Lets recognize good and bad deeds of each round.

With Insubordination [of any staff, Engineering, CIC or other.] he would work to counsel the person and find out why they are being insubordinate to possibly resolve the matter. He would rather a person return to duty when possible than just throw them in a cell to rot.

Engineering - MT's vanish all the time to build and damage who knows what. [Usually the CL's office for giggles.] But theres alot of types of insubordination common. Are they just harassing the CL? Are they making a Rage Cage and having a fight club? The punishment must fit the crime at the end of the day. As And for minor things [See above examples.] thats what MP's are for. But as a good CO, I would make it a point to atleast try roleplaying with these people even if they are behind bars. "Why did you do this?" Type conversations and so on.

Command Staff - With a Staff officer who can't do anything right (Assuming its just RP and not a new player in need of a mentor). IC He would work to try and help a 'new officer' learn how the computers and processes work. Everyone has a 'first day on the job' at some point and even the CO should be able to help someone sitting in direct earshot.

If the Staff officer just OB'd the FOB and a marines died, Then if its an accident. Brig time with appropriate charges. Not all mistakes can be written off.

I feel the same way about Executive officers as staff officers. Its a Command/RP Role. I expect an XO to be much less insubordinate than any other role at any time or reason but also I expect them to be a mini commander, Capable of thought and speaking up to the CO when the CO does something wrong or bad. However just like a staff officer everyone can have their 'first job day.' And I will treat them the same when they have issues. Like a role model.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    At its core, The role is to provide the marines with not only a proper leader to direct them but to also provide roleplay and fun to the round. Especially in cases of events, Survivors and other ship-side staff. However it extends beyond this especially 'In Character'. A good CO should care for his/her marines and be a figure that they look up to and will follow orders for without question.

Aside from that there is a moral implication to the role.
    A CO should think of marines as his charge and each one that looses a life should always be a stab at the heart of the commander who had to order them to their demise. they did not just send someone to die for their county. They sent a family's son, daughter or possibly the parent of a child off to risk their life for the service of a greater good. - The point of my saying all this is to point out that a commander should always be mindful that while they hold rank above a fellow marine. They are not above them as a person. Because of this they absolutely must hold themselves to the highest of standards IC and not be some 'meme' just because they can twirl the Mateba.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I have a few ideas on this topic.
    1: CO's could use a choice on their sidearm, Be it the Mateba or a Desert Eagle (Or any other)
    2: I think that the CO should also have a larger customization pool in their wardrobe and choice of uniform/coats/hats.
    3: The CO/XO should be able to more easily work with squad leaders by being able to set directional finders for SL's to follow (Like how marines can find their SL or Bennos the queen.) Basically set marker on the map - SL follows arrow that direction.
    4: The CIC Should get a special AED/Auto Defib that anyone can use (With possibly few charges, Like one or two uses before burning out.) To help in the event of an accident or emergency.
    5: The CO/LT's/SL's should be able to 'issue orders' in a way that lets marines/staff know they are being buffed by it. Such as a chat message that says "You are inspired/energized/fortified by _____" And like a xenos pheromones, Show the strength of the buff (Weak/Moderate/Strong) in the Stats tab.

I realize some of these are cosmetic ideas, But it would help distinguish the CO's from each other with some style.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I have played many rounds as an XO, LT and a SL. I know the mechanics well and I feel that with a white list, I could help the low population hours with more structure and roleplay. While i dont think i need to say much more than the former, I will take the time to state that Whitelists are locked off for a reason. They protect positions of importance from being abused. So I would uphold myself to the higher RP Standard of being a CO and interacting with everyone at that elevated standard in a round aswell. I wish to bring the fun of a good commander to the rounds I roll a CO position. Just like when I roll queen or respond to CL Fax's I try to give everyone a fun time.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    Dossier
    ------------------------------
    THIS DOCUMENT IS CONSIDERED CONFIDENTIAL
    Name: Jackson A. Hargrave
    Image: [ https://i.imgur.com/kOqZ40c.jpg ]
    Rank at time of Recommendation: Executive Officer
    Rank Promotion Recommendation: Commanding Officer

SECTIONS
    [ I ] Civilian Life
    [ II ] Military Life
    [ III ] Merits
    [ IV ] Formal Recommendations

Section I
    At an early age, Hargrave had shown great interest in the Emergency Services field and had been studying to become a Search and Rescue Pilot in the Kalispell area of Montana. However his goals were cut short due to a lethal (Self defense) altercation with his own father that ended his chances of such education with the dishevelment of his family and finances at the time. Quitting college after just before finishing his bachelors and flight school after obtaining his private pilots licence. (Non commercial) He enlisted with the Marines. Using what credentials he had to enter The United States Marine Corps Officer Candidates School (OCS).

Section II
    Executive Officer Hargrave has served the last Seven (7 of 9) years within his roles of the USS Kidd admirably, He has shown great aptitude for leadership and acted with compassion and strength to the crew in all times known. In one instance picking up the rifle of a downed marine and providing covering fire from a CLF boarding attempt until backup arrived to ward off the aggressors. Showing time and time again dedication to his men and the corps. Doing everything within his power to save the lives of those under his command even at risk of his own life.

Section III
    Distinguished Conduct Medal
    Medal Of Exceptional Heroism
    Medal Of Valor [ https://i.imgur.com/IPpzBbv.png ]

Section IV
    I formally recommend Executive Officer, Jackson A. Hargrave to be promoted to his first command of the next available ship that has an opening such on the Arikara-class patrol transport Almayer before it departs to the Tychons Rift sector. I feel he would be a good commander for such a ship.

In Regards,

Commanding officer of the USS Kidd - Alicia Zumwalt
    ------------------------------

An OOC note from this section, Especially on the Dossier - I have had a writers block on this segment for the better part of 2 months and despite being a moderator and dealing with many CL's Fax's and documents, I Always felt like what i wrote wasn't good. So thank you again for taking the time to read all this and the other answers. I look forward to your responses.
    Last edited by Zelkova64; 04-21-2019 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Noticed 2 spelling mistakes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well thought out app with good information.

Your RP and OOC experience in command roles really shines a light for me and i know you will do well in CO.

+1
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really means a lot to hear this, Thank you I did try to put alot of effort into my command role playtime!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ew Hargrave

+1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeet, seen this fella around many times and he is a competent leader.

+1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

Good player, Good Staff Member, Hes been playing Command staff for a while now and I'm shocked you waited this long to post it.

The story was good and your answers are adequate and filled.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the hell's taken you so long?

In all seriousness, I believe we've had pretty limited interaction (perhaps a timezone issue); however, you have a great reputation both as staff and as a player, your answers are good, and I appreciate the direction you took your story. It was fun to look at the way you approached it - and I thought the inclusion of your medal was a nice touch.

All in all, I think a +1 is well in order here. Hopefully we'll get to see CPT Hargrave in the captain's chair soon.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recognize the name but the Application isn't half assed and I can respect the opinions of the fellow CO's here that're giving you the +1.

So here's mine +1

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally its been a long time coming. Youre good command staff and know most roles well, ive no doubt you can CO just fine

+1
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a good community member and he put effort into his app what else you want?

+1