Byond ID?
    Rko8504

CM Character?
    Jerry Timmicks

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    CNT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    6 hours on week days/ pretty much everywhere from 8am to 2 am
    on weekends
    Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No; never been banned

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Ask his intentions, then check logs and see what caused it. I would check his notes to see if he had a history griefing. If it was a IC thing I would let MP's do their thing. If he had a history griefing and\or there was no IC reason for the shooting to happen. Rule four would come into play and he would get a warning and note. Potentially a ban if he has a history griefing. I would then aheal the downed player.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Check both sides of the story and then check logs and notes on both players. If the predator was at fault I'd turn him over to the predator council and be done with it, as long as there were no other rule breaks that occurred. If the player was wrong I'd tell him how he was wrong and a link to the code of honor. If he did just because he was salty I'd give him a warn and a note.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd point them in the right direction and ask a mentor to help guide them. I would check back later to see if all was fine and if it wasn't I would try and help them more myself.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would deny him his request to an admin+. He can write a report if necessary. I would first encourage him to calm down and to talk more reasonably. As that would likely end better for both of us at the end. If that approach did not work I would warn him that his issue is closed and to stop using ahelp. If he continued using it he would get a warning, note, and suspension from using ahelp.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Inform him of rule 12 and ask if he has any better names he would like to use. If he doesn't give one I would give one at random. If I saw that he just put it back on next round he would get a note and warning. If he had a history of breaking rule 12, I give a 2 hour ban

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Ask his reasons for grabbing the rifle, and pay attention to what he does with it. If he grabbed it for a IC reason I'd be fine with it. But I'd keep an eye out for rule breaks. I'd also check his notes to see how closely I should watch him.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Check logs to see if the survivors story checked out, then check the notes on both players. If the survivors story checked out I would inform the marine that he was allowed to do so, as long as he stated his intentions. If the survivor was at fault, I would give him a warning and note, and give him a link to survivor rules for future reference. If he has a history of doing this I would give a job ban and a potential short ban if he was being extra sassy about my judgement.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would ask for the account on both parts, then check logs and notes on both players. I would inform the MP that trespassing and theft is not perm lockup material and that his sentence should be reduced. I check and see if the MP had a history of being bad at MP, and if so assign a mentor. If he kept up being bad and not listening to his mentor. I would give a warning, note, and Job ban.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would probe both leaders to boost it up a little. If that wouldn't work I might ask the captain to assemble a small fire team of volunteers to restart the action. If that didn't work I might start a munity as my in-game character, for not completely abolishing the aliens threat and letting all of our friends deaths be in vain. It would provide entertainment for the marines, and bring true light to the captains eye's that action need be taken. It's an extreme course of action though, so I would converse with my other mods first and see if they had any better ideas.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would first ask him what he is doing, if it is in fact on purpose I would use Ahelp because I can not handle a case that involves me so deeply.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Inform the CLF that fighting between factions is allowed at all times. and give him the link to the rules and point him at rule 4 so he can see for himself.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Check logs to see if its really happening. If it was, I would issue a warning and note to the player. If he had a history of griefing he might receive a short ban. I would also return the gear to the affected players, assuming the gear was hard to acquire( like standing in line in Req.)

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would check logs to see that it happened, if it indeed did. I would tell the murderer that he should not have escalated it and should have immediately ahelped rather than shoot. I would issue a warning and note. Then turn to the reporter and ask why he punched. If it was in violation of rules 3 and 4 I would give a warning and a note. I would see if he had a history of griefing and give a short ban if so.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would inform the mutineer's that they needed a leader, and then point that leader to the rules of a proper munity. I would tell everyone else the rules if the leader did not. anyone who disobeyed the rules would get a warning and note. If any of them had a history they might receive a day or so long ban.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Normally I find it ok to make a racist joke as long as it doesn't make MLK turn in his grave. But I would inform the group that they need to quit with the jokes as someone is offended. If they didn't I would issue warnings and notes. Anyone who had a history of racism would receive a short/ long ban depending on how many earlier notes.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    A griefer at his finest. I would give a perma ban( for leaving without an appeal.) and aheal those affected.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    A griefing move, I would inform him of his mistake, give a warning and note. If he had a history of being a retarded xeno I would give a xeno ban

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Give a link to rules and tell him to look at rule 2. Give him a warning and note. If he has a long history maybe a day long ban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform both of them that aliens can call the dropship a dropship. As the role play standards states this is ok. However I would inform him of the norm of calling it the "metal bird" and such. However it's up to him whether to use it.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would tell the command staff that no one knows of the aliens or anything about them until seen and learned. give a note if this is first time offense. I would check his notes and see if he had a history of this. If so I would give a warning and Job ban.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Check logs, then notes for both players, If he just walked in and shot him. That's griefing and therefore a warning and note. If he had a history then he will receive a ban. If they had a full blown conversation and every thing lead to an IC murder, then it would be fine, and I would take no action.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Give them the link to staff reports, if he kept raving on then give him a warning and a note. I might also mute him for the duration of his tantrum.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform him that this all happened IC and there is nothing I can do about it. I would give him a nice piece of advice to run back to ship though

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Inform him of his mistake, if he goes through with it I would bring it up with a higher up. I have no wish for staff fighting, but I believe its needs to be handled right.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    give my opinion and inform a higher up. That is all I can do.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I love to help people, you get a nice feeling that you made someone's day better and I love that. I normally wouldn't dare to apply for mod and my lack of time on the server. But you guys posted an OOC that you needed help. I also asked a mod and he said I could get the role even with my lack of time.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Kindness. I go to the admins A LOT. Whether its for something small like a hotkey, or because aliens are tea bagging my corpse( Its never happened to me, but I don't doubt it hasn't happened. I mostly encounter nice staff who make everything better and resolve it in the best way. They improve my experience and are part of the reason I play. I've also encountered staff who seem like they hate the fact they are staff and are short and won't attempt to fix my issue. I think a kind mod improves the experience of everyone, because everyone turns to a mod at some point.

Anything else you
    I only wish to help this sever and the people who play it. I understand if I am not selected. My only goal was to see if the server required my help and to provide it, if necessary.
    Last edited by Rko8504; 04-22-2019 at 06:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I stopped and made my decision at the halfway mark and then continued reading on.

" Ask his intentions, then check logs and see what caused it. I would check his notes to see if he had a history griefing. If it was a IC thing I would let MP's do their thing. If he had a history griefing and\or there was no IC reason for the shooting to happen. Rule four would come into play and he would get a warning and note. Potentially a ban if he has a history griefing. I would then aheal the downed player. "
    Ahealing is not needed in this case, the question states they have been detained, meaning the situation is under control IC.

" Check both sides of the story and then check logs and notes on both players. If the predator was at fault I'd turn him over to the predator council and be done with it, as long as there were no other rule breaks that occurred. If the player was wrong I'd tell him how he was wrong and a link to the code of honor. If he did just because he was salty I'd give him a warn and a note. "
    While causing trouble is bad, we don't warn/note people for asking to see if someone did break a rule, salt is CM's way so you can't just slap someone for being heated in the moment and ahelping something. Nonissue
    " I would deny him his request to an admin+. He can write a report if necessary. I would first encourage him to calm down and to talk more reasonably. As that would likely end better for both of us at the end. If that approach did not work I would warn him that his issue is closed and to stop using ahelp. If he continued using it he would get a warning, note, and suspension from using ahelp. "
    While this is relatively correct in most senses, do think of this. A player is heated, they're making stupid decisions and furthering it could cause more issues. I myself have resolved an issue by simply talking to them in a non official manner (IE not handling an issue and just talking to them) gives them time to vent, calm down, think clearly, and it benefits them, it usually ends in an apology for salt and they are aware of the issue and try to better themselves. Merely my opinion.
    " Inform him of rule 12 and ask if he has any better names he would like to use. If he doesn't give one I would give one at random. If I saw that he just put it back on next round he would get a note and warning. If he had a history of breaking rule 12, I give a 2 hour ban "
    We had set ban times, 3h for first offences.

" Check logs to see if the survivors story checked out, then check the notes on both players. If the survivors story checked out I would inform the marine that he was allowed to do so, as long as he stated his intentions. If the survivor was at fault, I would give him a warning and note, and give him a link to survivor rules for future reference. If he has a history of doing this I would give a job ban and a potential short ban if he was being extra sassy about my judgement. "
    Same thing as my previous answer, sometimes adding fuel to a fire when it's needed isn't the best, try to talk it out and resolve it without a punishment. But it's a proper answer.

"I would ask for the account on both parts, then check logs and notes on both players. I would inform the MP that trespassing and theft is not perm lockup material and that his sentence should be reduced. I check and see if the MP had a history of being bad at MP, and if so assign a mentor. If he kept up being bad and not listening to his mentor. I would give a warning, note, and Job ban. "
    If the MP repeatedly has issues listening and following ML and has a fat history or some serious bad note or notes then yes a jobban, but once you hand them over to another staff it's theirs until they ask or give you permission. Mentors are capable members of our team and they should be respected and allowed to do their job without someone undermining them. While yes being an absolute issue with staff is bad, speak with the mentor before acting upon their "case".

"I would probe both leaders to boost it up a little. If that wouldn't work I might ask the captain to assemble a small fire team of volunteers to restart the action. If that didn't work I might start a munity as my in-game character, for not completely abolishing the aliens threat and letting all of our friends deaths be in vain. It would provide entertainment for the marines, and bring true light to the captains eye's that action need be taken. It's an extreme course of action though, so I would converse with my other mods first and see if they had any better ideas. "
    Excuse me, this is the answer that has completely made my decision for a -1. You can subtle message command, you can in extremely rare cases, fax them, you can QM the xenoes. But for the love of all that is holy, starting a mutiny is the absolute worst thing possible to do here. No, just no. Entertainment? No, you're supposed to end the round faster when it's a stagnating, you do not start more issues to resolve one.

"Check logs to see if its really happening. If it was, I would issue a warning and note to the player. If he had a history of griefing he might receive a short ban. I would also return the gear to the affected players, assuming the gear was hard to acquire( like standing in line in Req.) "
    Returning gear usually will only need to happen to actually rare items like the spec gear if someone actually puts it in a place the spec can't find, say in the offending players prep.

"I would inform the mutineer's that they needed a leader, and then point that leader to the rules of a proper munity. I would tell everyone else the rules if the leader did not. anyone who disobeyed the rules would get a warning and note. If any of them had a history they might receive a day or so long ban. "
    I cannot speak upon this 100% certainity as I rarely handle mutinies, but what reason is there to ban some players from attempting a mutiny?

"Normally I find it ok to make a racist joke as long as it doesn't make MLK turn in his grave. But I would inform the group that they need to quit with the jokes as someone is offended. If they didn't I would issue warnings and notes. Anyone who had a history of racism would receive a short/ long ban depending on how many earlier notes. "
    We allow minor racism, if the offended player has an issue, they can ahelp to see if it's extreme or excessive, and they can move away from the other players too. Things are a two-way street. If it's not just like some delta's calling eachother nigga playfully and the offended player is nearby, it's not an issue.

"A griefer at his finest. I would give a perma ban( for leaving without an appeal.) and aheal those affected. "
    We have a process for perma bans, 7day, aheal affected, file for perma, we as mods aren't allowed to perma people, speak to your managers about that.

"A griefing move, I would inform him of his mistake, give a warning and note. If he had a history of being a retarded xeno I would give a xeno ban "
    Your wording on this one isn't very good looking. Regardless of a player breaking a rule, you need to be somewhat professional, and following the question, investigating why they're near the frontlines should be done regardless of how clearcut, unless you watched it yourself.

"Give a link to rules and tell him to look at rule 2. Give him a warning and note. If he has a long history maybe a day long ban. "
    If a xeno has a long history of disobeying the Queen, they have no regard for our rules and being told multiple times to cease. Jobban them, they've had their chance and have been told so many times.
    "I would tell the command staff that no one knows of the aliens or anything about them until seen and learned. give a note if this is first time offense. I would check his notes and see if he had a history of this. If so I would give a warning and Job ban. "
    If it's a CO, take it to the council, you are not the proper channel for a WL issue, now XO/SO/etc a note and talk will suffice even with history, we play the same round of learning every time. This is a minor issue at most, a short ban if it's not getting across will work.

"Give them the link to staff reports, if he kept raving on then give him a warning and a note. I might also mute him for the duration of his tantrum. "
    Once again your wording is not very pleasing. Saying a player is throwing a tantrum may be true, but act professional.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading through your answers and replies by Daturix, I am unable to support this application for the reasons he has stated.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a lot to add here, a number of the answers are very poor, especially the mutiny one. The phrasing indicates an attitude that I just don't feel is appropriate for Staff. We all get frustrated with the actions of some players from time to time, but saying they're retarded is just uncalled for. I cannot support this application either.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with Reapers assessment here. The mutiny bit was a huge concern for me, you should never be using your mod powers or information to impact a round, and you should always be subtle when possible when there is stagnation.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum account is barely a month old, bad attitude in answers and ive literally never seen you IC or OOC. Its a no from me sorry -1
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on your answers, I'm going to say please try again in the future.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied for all the above listed reasons.