User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change how the game starts for Marines?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think about this from an individual marine perspective.

"If I follow this order to go to briefing naked, the guys who dont will have first dibs on Brown Webbing, BCs and kits. That will negatively impact my round, therefore I will ignore this order."

It simply would not work without massive intervention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with most others who have posted here, that the time to gear up and brief is important to allow departments and xenos to prepare. Considering the alternative of making it faster, I prefer this way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does not matter what we make the marines do, there is a hard lock for when Marines can deploy of around 20-25 minutes, marines literally cannot early deploy even if the entire marine force is ready to go at 12:10.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    It does not matter what we make the marines do, there is a hard lock for when Marines can deploy of around 20-25 minutes, marines literally cannot early deploy even if the entire marine force is ready to go at 12:10.
    Hard lock is 12:15 which is 12 minutes after round start

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If briefing was removed and gearing up was sped up so that marines can land as early as possible because "RP" I wouldn't complain, people just want to play the game and each squads usually gets the same order across the rounds with briefing only forced in to pad time.
    The only thing this would screw would be the xeno growth and I can't really see a way to fix that save for quadrupling xeno growth for the first 10-20 minutes but that would just mega fuck up survivors that is ultimately not that relevant in this game if you think about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd prefer to cut down on the massive d�ay between round end and round start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    I'd prefer to cut down on the massive d�ay between round end and round start.
    I really don't think that this makes much of a difference at all. It doesn't take nearly as long as the time between round start and the drop, and I kind of like having time to wind the round down to its close.